Milan (11-1) @ Camden (12-0) Let's get it started!

matt_8777

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

I said earlier in the week Camden was going to have to establish a passing game to beat Milan. From some people I talked to that went to the game, they said Milan had a couple of TDs called back on penalties. It pains me to see Milan win, but Camden seems too prideful to change things up on the offensive side of the ball.

I think everyone in 3A is tired of seeing Milan and Goodpasture in the Semis, but no one has been able to step up and finish them. I think some teams in the coming years will challenge Milan and Goodpasture but once again they are the top dogs out west.

Just curious, question to Milan fans. How would you compare Camden to Fairview?

I will answer this. Fairview has a better offensive team. Camden is definitely a better defensive team. Overall, I give the edge to Camden

I would not be me if I did not say that we sure hate to disappoint everyone and be here, but since we are, we will do our best to win it!!!

Edited by gobulldogs

You're talking about people complaining on playcalling from Milan. I know lots of people from Milan that were upset the past 2 years because when ya'll got to the state championship, all you did was run it up the middle. As I told everyone that told me that..... you've got to go with what got you there. You can't be pounding the ball down teams throats all year and then go to a spread formation in the championship just to try and slip by Alcoa. YOU'VE GOT TO GO WITH WHAT GOT YOU THERE. Running the ball up the middle is Milan's bread and butter.

I was speaking collectively for Milan fans. Me...I'm the one in the stands saying, "He's Jeff Morris...he's not gonna run anything different b/c this works 90% of the time!" lol Tucker played smash mouth football....Morris plays smash mouth football...and Milan has been successful for MANY years playing smash mouth football!!!!

Camdenbottoms, lionsforever, Calicamdenfan,......come out, come out, wherever you are!!!!!

I am here!!! That was a nailbiter.....I have to agree to some point that the offensive play calling at the end could have been a little different. I could perdict what Flash was going to say. "Sweep to the right...stopped at the line of scrimmage."Sweep to the left......Stopped at the line of scrimmage." I know, I know arm chair coaching but if I noticed it over the radio I think Coach Morris would notice the pattern as well. When you are in a game like that I would also think you would go for broke and allow your QB to sling the ball on a 4th and 4 in the redzone. Seems less risky than going with a play that was stopped for Loss or no gain 80% of the night. But on the other hand....that is what got them there in the first place so there has to be some confidence in the play calling. But that is all coulda shoulda woulda......fact is that Milan played hard and won the game.

Congrats to Milan on a great defensive game.

Congrats to ALL of the Camden Players, Coaches and staff on an outstanding year and being part of history at an awesome school. For all of the underclassmen...the stage has been set. Bring the wood next year.

Edited by CaliforniaCamdenFan

Congrats to the Camden Lions team and coaching staff on another good year. The gauntlet of McKenzie, Huntingdon, Westview twice and Manassas, proved to me you fielded the best team we've ever had. You were a class act in your 2010 victories and the one final defeat. Thanks to a great coaching staff and administration at Camden Central for supporting our kids so much. Now let's get behind the Bulldogs and support West Tennessee. I'd really like to see them upend their next two opponents with a little of that Purple Pride.

Congrats to the Camden Lions team and coaching staff on another good year. The gauntlet of McKenzie, Huntingdon, Westview twice and Manassas, proved to me you fielded the best team we've ever had. You were a class act in your 2010 victories and the one final defeat. Thanks to a great coaching staff and administration at Camden Central for supporting our kids so much. Now let's get behind the Bulldogs and support West Tennessee. I'd really like to see them upend their next two opponents with a little of that Purple Pride.

Thanks....I agree with everything you said. :thumb:

CLASS ACT! :thumb: