Milan (11-1) @ Camden (12-0) Let's get it started!

matt_8777

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

Good information. However, the reality in Milan is that this is just not happening. I'm sure there may be one or two kids out there that I don't know about, but they are the exception. Maybe you can get us some statistics on out of district kids for both Alcoa and Milan. Someone posted the stats a while back for the out-of-disctrict kids for Alcoa...what was it - 30-40% of the starters?

Your first name wouldn't be David? Would it??

Or Jeff? :flower:

Your first name wouldn't be David? Would it??

Or Jeff? :flower:

Wouldn't say if it was or wasn't...I don't know you from Adam! Doesn't matter anyway. :)

Here is the Alcoa admission policy (see below), which I'm sure you've read ad nauseum. Anyway, my main point is that Alcoa and Milan's policies are much different (so I'm glad you posted the link to Milan's - as I should have read it before posting). It is much harder now for Milan, or any other districts in Gibson county, to get players from outside the city or district...they have to jump through many hoops (desegegration issues, approval from current district, etc.). Milan's policy used to be similar to Alcoa's, but was changed a few years back.

If Milan has current non-residents playing on the team, it would be interesting to know who they are (it wasn't fair for me to ask you about who Milan's non-resident players are). So, if there are any Milan (or non-Milan, especially - as you would know of any local kids that Milan has on the current team) folks out there who have information on this...it would make for interesting discussion, as no one has anything to hide here...(except telling you my name of course!). The last kid I can remember was the QB a couple of years back, as he was from Dresden. I don't know if they ended up moving to Milan to play there, or if he was a non-resident. Wouldn't want to post kids' names, just maybe position.

In the end, it doesn't really matter, as the boys have to line up and play against who is across from them. Everyone has to deal with the cards that are dealt and make the most of it. I just think that Alcoa has an extra "Ace" that many others do not have. That is just my opinion and perception, which ain't worth much!

ADMISSION OF NON-RESIDENT STUDENTS (TUITION STUDENTS)

Students residing outside the boundaries of the school system may apply to attend Alcoa High School. The director of schools and principal must approve admission. Permission for tuition students to attend the Alcoa City Schools will be granted on an annual basis. The tuition fee required of all students residing outside the boundaries for the 2010-2011 school year will be $500.00. (Note: Tuition amount subject to change, pending school board approval.) Tuition fees are due and payable on the first day of each trimester.

Tuition students will be evaluated every 60 days (each trimester) for any academic, attendance or behavior issues. Alcoa City Schools reserves the right to terminate the enrollment of a tuition student due to deficiencies in attendance, academics, discipline, and/or program availability, incomplete medical records, or failure to pay tuition when due.

I think Camden has to be the favorite in this game...But it's a virtual toss up in my opinion. Milan does seem to have some intimidation advantage...history and tradition...but this years Milan team is not the team of the past 2 years. So, I think Camden pulls this one out.

According to the massey rating Milan is a slight favorite in this one!

Wouldn't say if it was or wasn't...I don't know you from Adam! Doesn't matter anyway. :)

Here is the Alcoa admission policy (see below), which I'm sure you've read ad nauseum. Anyway, my main point is that Alcoa and Milan's policies are much different (so I'm glad you posted the link to Milan's - as I should have read it before posting). It is much harder now for Milan, or any other districts in Gibson county, to get players from outside the city or district...they have to jump through many hoops (desegegration issues, approval from current district, etc.). Milan's policy used to be similar to Alcoa's, but was changed a few years back.

If Milan has current non-residents playing on the team, it would be interesting to know who they are (it wasn't fair for me to ask you about who Milan's non-resident players are). So, if there are any Milan (or non-Milan, especially - as you would know of any local kids that Milan has on the current team) folks out there who have information on this...it would make for interesting discussion, as no one has anything to hide here...(except telling you my name of course!). The last kid I can remember was the QB a couple of years back, as he was from Dresden. I don't know if they ended up moving to Milan to play there, or if he was a non-resident. Wouldn't want to post kids' names, just maybe position.

In the end, it doesn't really matter, as the boys have to line up and play against who is across from them. Everyone has to deal with the cards that are dealt and make the most of it. I just think that Alcoa has an extra "Ace" that many others do not have. That is just my opinion and perception, which ain't worth much!

ADMISSION OF NON-RESIDENT STUDENTS (TUITION STUDENTS)

Students residing outside the boundaries of the school system may apply to attend Alcoa High School. The director of schools and principal must approve admission. Permission for tuition students to attend the Alcoa City Schools will be granted on an annual basis. The tuition fee required of all students residing outside the boundaries for the 2010-2011 school year will be $500.00. (Note: Tuition amount subject to change, pending school board approval.) Tuition fees are due and payable on the first day of each trimester.

Tuition students will be evaluated every 60 days (each trimester) for any academic, attendance or behavior issues. Alcoa City Schools reserves the right to terminate the enrollment of a tuition student due to deficiencies in attendance, academics, discipline, and/or program availability, incomplete medical records, or failure to pay tuition when due.

i hate that this might be becoming a milan/alcoa thread. just want to reitterate the fact that the qb's mother is from dresden and his father is from milan. they were and have been divorced for a number of years. however his father got custody and the kid moved to milan whereas he became the starting qb for milan in 07 and 08. nothing unfair or illegal about that. i know this for a fact as they are all personal friends of mine. now let's drop the alcoa/milan crap and get back to talking about the milan/camden game please. :thumb:

i hate that this might be becoming a milan/alcoa thread. just want to reitterate the fact that the qb's mother is from dresden and his father is from milan. they were and have been divorced for a number of years. however his father got custody and the kid moved to milan whereas he became the starting qb for milan in 07 and 08. nothing unfair or illegal about that. i know this for a fact as they are all personal friends of mine. now let's drop the alcoa/milan crap and get back to talking about the milan/camden game please. :thumb:

Agreed! My fault for opening that can of worms...i just got a little riled up when the alcoa fan came onto the thread and basically told the west tn teams to give up! Pride took over and I couldn't let it go... thumb[1].gif