Humboldt entertains Trinity Christain

JungleJim125

I would take my chances playing man because there to many holes in zine and if you don't put pressure on quarterback he has all day to throw the ball. Humboldt has mire overall speed then Trenton but key is pressure. A running team versus a passing team, if Humboldt can control the clock with long drives and make a couple stops on defense then I'll take Humboldt by 7.

You're correct they have to pressure Washington and force him to throw the ball quick! If he has time to throw the ball it could be a long night for Humboldt! :thumb:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Washington, Yates, Hanson, etc, are going to be INCREDIBLY tough for the Vikings. They throw the ball all over the place, and that is difficult for any secondary, especially with as good as TCA is. Plus, if you try to take away the throw, Washington and teammates can run it. In addition, TCA's special teams are very good. Hope Humboldt comes with the "A" game because we will need it. Go Vikings!

Edited by VolandIndyGal

Well - Get that A-game ready. I don't think we have peaked yet. So the top of our game hasn’t been witnessed. Still got talent on the shelf. Our coaches will grab what’s necessary and the Vikings will pull it off.

Go Vikings!

Edited by 2Red

TCA is a very fine team. JW isconsider one of the player in the state (Nick Saban)thinks he is the best( :D). TCA is well coached and they have more talented players than JW. Depth has been a problem for TCA. I think Humbolt will win, but it will be close. Go Vikings

Edited by wingman10

I expect to hear the usual banter about how Trinity doesn't have the athleticism or size to compete and yet we've managed to overcome that every week. This will be no different, TCA will be better coached and better prepared than Humboldt will for this game. Reading through the adamsville/humboldt thread I see a lot of excuses about officiating and not giving much credit to an adamsville team that in my honest opinion isn't very good and definitely managed to overachieve this year through great game planning and coaching. If humboldt struggled with adamsville I promise you they're in for a rude awakening against TCA. I expect all of you to say how you guys will key in on JW's ability to run, and I'm sure you'll manage well, but he'll kill you over the top all day. If you guys go to the spread our secondary will have a field day. Quan Campbell needs to touch the ball every play possible, because he gives you the best chance to hurt us and win the game. Best of wishes to both teams.

I expect to hear the usual banter about how Trinity doesn't have the athleticism or size to compete and yet we've managed to overcome that every week. This will be no different, TCA will be better coached and better prepared than Humboldt will for this game. Reading through the adamsville/humboldt thread I see a lot of excuses about officiating and not giving much credit to an adamsville team that in my honest opinion isn't very good and definitely managed to overachieve this year through great game planning and coaching. If humboldt struggled with adamsville I promise you they're in for a rude awakening against TCA. I expect all of you to say how you guys will key in on JW's ability to run, and I'm sure you'll manage well, but he'll kill you over the top all day. If you guys go to the spread our secondary will have a field day. Quan Campbell needs to touch the ball every play possible, because he gives you the best chance to hurt us and win the game. Best of wishes to both teams.

Wake this man up please! He knows not what he says! :roflol:

Better coaching? No! We at Humboldt have an outstanding staff. I will not say we are better than TCA. I respect coaches, and all work hard to prepare.

Second, we at Humboldt don't believe for a moment that Washington can only run. I am not sure where you are getting your information. Humboldt staff and players are WELL aware that TCA can throw the ball, too. That is what they are known for, along with the exceptional receivers in Yates and Hansen. There is no fooling us here. No "rude awakening" would be possible because we know what TCA is capable of. TCA can run AND throw. We have to figure out a way to stop both (if possible) and the players have to execute. Third, I don't know where the information is coming from that we are big. Humboldt is not a big team by any means. Adamsville was A LOT bigger than us, as was Milan, Henry County, Greenfield, etc. We are outsized in most instances. What keeps us in ballgames is intensity, toughness, physicalness, etc. As for saying Humboldt is more "athletic"....let's be honest. We all know what that really means. It means Humboldt is athletic but TCA (or insert any other team you want here) is smarter, more disciplined, better coached, blah blah blah. TCA has PLENTY of athletes and we all know it. Humboldt has athletes. We all know it. Both teams have a great coaching staff. Both teams have tough players. Both have players that want to win. Both teams are good football teams. They are very different in their styles of play. That is what it boils down to. So this is not a post to compare who is better, more athletic, better coached or any of that other nonsense. Both teams are good. I, of course, want Humboldt to win, but I know it will be a VERY TOUGH challenge. TCA is an excellent football team. I hope we can come out on top.

Edited by VolandIndyGal

I think Humboldt is too physical for Trinity "Christian" not "Christain" as stated by whoever started this post. I will say this, if TCA executes a gameplan like they did against Trenton, then they will beat Humboldt. They were almost flawless. They played a lot of small ball and executed on all three phases of the game. The only thing that I didn't agree with was them throwing the ball when they were up against Trenton by 17 in the second half. They threw some incomplete passes, and that stops the clock, which made no sense to me. Most teams run the ball and give the oppostion no chance to come back. Their lack of running game, except for JW of course, may hurt them.

I do not know how you can base an opinion how good of a team Adamsville has just from your one game with them. Just so you know during that game all 3 qbs had some sort of injury so passing was out. 3 of our tailbacks were injured and another went out during the game with a neck injury. 4 of our receivers and other skill players had ankle or knee injuries. Our kids quit after the fumbloe and if you were at the game then oyu noticed that they did. They fought through and overcame all of that adversity to make the playoffs and beat a decent Westwood team and had their chances with a very good Humboldt team. I have watched both of you play and I think you are gonna give them a game for 3 quarters then I think you are going to fall behind. Especially if they utilize Quan at running back. If they spread you out you are in trouble because they have the atheletes to spread you out and run the ball on you.

Folks, be careful trying to read something into tcaee's comment about athleticism. He is simply stating what is usually said about TCA's ability to win - not athletic or big enough. Please don't try to make a race issue out of what is going to be a really exciting game Friday night.

I am looking forward to seeing these two teams compete and seeing Quan and Jabriel perform. Both teams have strengths and weaknesses and are very different. Trinity is a 1A sized school competing in 2A but certainly has the ability plus the heart and drive to compete against a very good Humboldt team.

I am hoping for a great game that is injury-free and a TCA win!! Go Lions!!