White House (2-0) AT Lexington (2-0)

BDP2003

White House pulled off the upset in West Tennessee by beating Liberty Magnet 28-20. Can WH keep it going as they travel back down I-40W to Lexington? Numbers show Lexington is the better team but both teams are 2-0 at this point. Never doubt BDP. Hope some Greenbrier fans and other opponents of Lexington can provide us some information. Please, and I say please, let's leave the Greenbrier/WH smack talk out of this thread. It's all about White House and Lexington, not White House vs. Greenbrier. Go Big Blue!!

Edited by BDP2003

White House pulled off the upset in West Tennessee by beating Liberty Magnet 28-20. Can WH keep it going as they travel back down I-40W to Lexington. Numbers show Lexington is the better team but both teams are 2-0 at this point. Never doubt BDP. Hope some Greenbrier fans and other opponents of Lexington can provide us some information. Please, and I say please, let's leave the Greenbrier/WH smack talk out of this thread. It's all about White House and Lexington, not White House vs. Greenbrier. Go Big Blue!!

Agreed 2003, we"re out. WH/Gb can talk smack next fall. Hope you guys play lights out Friday night.

I was rooting for the Cats tonight because I ALWAYS root for the locals. Can you give us WH fans some info. on Lexington? Were you able to attend the game tonight?

First things first. Make sure you hit up TBirds (Pizza/salad buffet and grill) resturaunt in town before going to the game. Right next to Wendy's in town. :hungry:

Defense. Don't let our score worry the Devils. Without sounding defensive, we were without #8 and #4 the entire game and #44 (banged up in the second), and we still managed to go in at the half down 7-6. Two trips to the redzone resulted in zero points for the Bobcats in the first half (one fourth down attempt at the ten was about a foot short), and I believe we had two turnovers in the first half and threw a INT in the endzone in the second. White House is much more consistent in the second half than we are due to depth and will be able to perform through 4 quarters. Mix the snap count up - They jumped offsides about 5 times in the game and were jumping the snap count on every play. For the same reason, screen passes will eat them up. I think we ran two.

Offense. Lexington's Offensive line is big and strong up front. Run a 3-4 like we did, and you will get blown off the ball with lots of double teaming and traps up front. I would run a 5 or 6 man front with a lot of shifting and stunting up front. They run a two tight end set with about 4 or 5 different plays up the middle, and the QB keeper to the outside. Nothing fancy, but their strength is definitely their offensive line, and they have depth in those positions. Their secondary plays mostly a tight man coverage with a safety floater in the middle of the field. Not a lot of size in the secondary, but they are fast. Shotgun formation with a lot of inside handoffs and short dump passes to a tight end or back out of the backfield will do wonders for the Devils and slow down their defensive rush. I can't say it enough - mix up the snap count!! McEwen up the sidelines and basic curl routes will either bring big results or draw a penalty for the devils.

Lexington has a good football team and a great football environment, but I wish I had a mute button for their announcer :roflol: .

Good luck to the Devils on Friday. :thumb:

I was rooting for the Cats tonight because I ALWAYS root for the locals. Can you give us WH fans some info. on Lexington? Were you able to attend the game tonight?

Whew. Thanks Ogor. My mind was too tired to think about answering last night and your answer was more thorough. Losing Treavor, Billy and Josh put us in a hole. Depth and speed work against us every time, I look forward to the day when we have that. I think the Devils got this. Williams seems to have figured out how to get through the playoffs. BD have got a lot of good teams still in. It would be a feat to get to Cookeville but one game at a time. Good luck BD.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Thanks for the compliments my greenbrier neighbors. Too bad you all didn't have a few of your best players (specially #8). Lexington didn't get the real bobcats or we'd be playing at your house Friday.

Moving on, Lexington will get the real White House team (where were we during the skid????} We may not be as big or as fast as others but our heart is where it's at and next week we'll roll into their place with a chip on our shoulders and soaring confidence. The devil train's a coming!

What's up Chip and Murphy? Keep on predicting against us so we can make ya'll look like fools.

Thanks for the compliments my greenbrier neighbors. Too bad you all didn't have a few of your best players (specially #8). Lexington didn't get the real bobcats or we'd be playing at your house Friday.

Moving on, Lexington will get the real White House team (where were we during the skid????} We may not be as big or as fast as others but our heart is where it's at and next week we'll roll into their place with a chip on our shoulders and soaring confidence. The devil train's a coming!

What's up Chip and Murphy? Keep on predicting against us so we can make ya'll look like fools.

Look, We dumped Greenbrier, we'd dump Greenbrier even with there 2 holy players that the town worships apparently, and we'll dump White House as well. You're not as big or fast, and there's no way you have more heart than the tigers, so keep the chip on your shoulder and go ahead and turn it in with your pads next monday. keep that confidence for next year. A train? that's creative.

First things first. Make sure you hit up TBirds (Pizza/salad buffet and grill) resturaunt in town before going to the game. Right next to Wendy's in town. :hungry:

Defense. Don't let our score worry the Devils. Without sounding defensive, we were without #8 and #4 the entire game and #44 (banged up in the second), and we still managed to go in at the half down 7-6. Two trips to the redzone resulted in zero points for the Bobcats in the first half (one fourth down attempt at the ten was about a foot short), and I believe we had two turnovers in the first half and threw a INT in the endzone in the second. White House is much more consistent in the second half than we are due to depth and will be able to perform through 4 quarters. Mix the snap count up - They jumped offsides about 5 times in the game and were jumping the snap count on every play. For the same reason, screen passes will eat them up. I think we ran two.

Offense. Lexington's Offensive line is big and strong up front. Run a 3-4 like we did, and you will get blown off the ball with lots of double teaming and traps up front. I would run a 5 or 6 man front with a lot of shifting and stunting up front. They run a two tight end set with about 4 or 5 different plays up the middle, and the QB keeper to the outside. Nothing fancy, but their strength is definitely their offensive line, and they have depth in those positions. Their secondary plays mostly a tight man coverage with a safety floater in the middle of the field. Not a lot of size in the secondary, but they are fast. Shotgun formation with a lot of inside handoffs and short dump passes to a tight end or back out of the backfield will do wonders for the Devils and slow down their defensive rush. I can't say it enough - mix up the snap count!! McEwen up the sidelines and basic curl routes will either bring big results or draw a penalty for the devils.

Lexington has a good football team and a great football environment, but I wish I had a mute button for their announcer :roflol: .

Good luck to the Devils on Friday. :thumb:

Don't be hating on mr. Vaughn (;