DO NOT SCHEDULE ANY GAMES YET

OldStoneFort

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just win the games on your schedule and everything else will take care of itself. Now see, we finished 4-6 and didnt make the playoffs. I dont believe we deserved to make the playoffs and the teams that finished 5-5 or better got in, now what is wrong with that system?

Brentwood goes 7-3 with a very tuff schedule, Franklin goes 8-2 with a very easy schedule...Brentwood beats Franklin in the final game of the season to win the district...in the playoffs Brentwood is seeded below Franklin and is district champ and has no home games in the playoffs...you think that is right Dragon and if Brentwood had played Franklin in the first round of the playoffs, the game would have been at Franklin after Brentwood had beat Franklin and won the district, so you would have had the district champ on the road to the district runner-up...you think that is right there Mr. Dragon Heck no, this system is crazy.

Everyone knows we need to go back to 5 classifications. If not then at least remove 5A schools from 6A conferences. There is no need to back up your arguments for going back to the way it was. It is the only justifieable decision. Last years playoffs were ludicrous. This years playoffs were unacceptable. And the regular season dictated said lunacy. The people who are advocating the current system are helplessly ignorant. We knew when TSSAA implimented this system it was bunk...and now we have proof. Playing a team from your own conference in the first round....incredible. Winning your conference and being seeded lower than someone you beat for the conference crown...incredible. Someone needs to start a thread with a poll. Then we will see exactly the numbers of disgruntled football minds over the sheep.

Everyone knows we need to go back to 5 classifications. If not then at least remove 5A schools from 6A conferences. There is no need to back up your arguments for going back to the way it was. It is the only justifieable decision. Last years playoffs were ludicrous. This years playoffs were unacceptable. And the regular season dictated said lunacy. The people who are advocating the current system are helplessly ignorant. We knew when TSSAA implimented this system it was bunk...and now we have proof. Playing a team from your own conference in the first round....incredible. Winning your conference and being seeded lower than someone you beat for the conference crown...incredible. Someone needs to start a thread with a poll. Then we will see exactly the numbers of disgruntled football minds over the sheep.

I agree!!! Gallatin beat Hendersonville week 10 just to get rewarded with playing Hendersonville in the 1st round. This system was foolish to start with!! Nobody wanted it except Ronnie Carter and his sheep on the board. That guy from Maryville needs to be dethroned from his office for casting the deciding vote!! This is a bad playoff system and noone I know likes the playoff format!! I do like the districts. I like the close ties and I would hate going back in with the metro teams, which the TSSAA thinks we have something in common with. A 4-A system would be best served!! Close districts with the top two going on!!

Brentwood goes 7-3 with a very tuff schedule, Franklin goes 8-2 with a very easy schedule...Brentwood beats Franklin in the final game of the season to win the district...in the playoffs Brentwood is seeded below Franklin and is district champ and has no home games in the playoffs...you think that is right Dragon and if Brentwood had played Franklin in the first round of the playoffs, the game would have been at Franklin after Brentwood had beat Franklin and won the district, so you would have had the district champ on the road to the district runner-up...you think that is right there Mr. Dragon Heck no, this system is crazy.

All i am saying is, you have to win 5 games in the playoffs to become a state champion....why does it matter who you have to play or when you have to play them? Just win and move on and everything else will take care of itself!

There is a district out in Memphis that has 3 teams in it. The winner of that district could have a 3-7 record, so are you saying that a team that wins their district with a 3-7 record deserves to host a first round playoff game? :rolleyes:

Edited by 92Dragon

ooltewah will go to 5A, northeast to AA 4A, mitchell AA 3A

Would LOVE for Lincoln County to go down to 5A. Our freshman are included in our population, but they are at their own school with their own football team. They don't even play on the high school football team. It consists solely of 10-12th graders.... This is especially detrimental to us because we are one of the smallest schools in 6A and there is not a population cap on this classification. We can play schools with 3x the population we have. boo!

Would LOVE for Lincoln County to go down to 5A. Our freshman are included in our population, but they are at their own school with their own football team. They don't even play on the high school football team. It consists solely of 10-12th graders.... This is especially detrimental to us because we are one of the smallest schools in 6A and there is not a population cap on this classification. We can play schools with 3x the population we have. boo!

Unfortunately they dont place you in a class by how many players are on your team, they place you by total number of students in your school. I wish they did though, because we usually have around 50 players on our team and we are 5A.

Unfortunately they dont place you in a class by how many players are on your team, they place you by total number of students in your school. I wish they did though, because we usually have around 50 players on our team and we are 5A.

I know that we are placed by school population, that is why I mentioned our freshmen being included in our school population, but not even being at our school. I think this is done because we are one of the few remaining high schools that serve 10-12th graders only. However, freshmen do play on several other sports teams at our high school. Don't understand. I also think our team suffers because we only have our players for 3 years compared to the 4 years at other schools. That one year makes a HUGE difference. We also have a fairly small football team when you consider numbers. It is so intimidating to see the opponent line up and take up the entire sideline on the other side of the field.

I know that we are placed by school population, that is why I mentioned our freshmen being included in our school population, but not even being at our school. I think this is done because we are one of the few remaining high schools that serve 10-12th graders only. However, freshmen do play on several other sports teams at our high school. Don't understand. I also think our team suffers because we only have our players for 3 years compared to the 4 years at other schools. That one year makes a HUGE difference. We also have a fairly small football team when you consider numbers. It is so intimidating to see the opponent line up and take up the entire sideline on the other side of the field.

Yes it is intimidating. We would have about 46 players on our team and then we would play Oak Ridge and they would have at least 100......very intimidating!