BEST WR IN STATE?

LARRYBIRD33

Hunter Branch #80 Fairview High School

6'3' 185 lbs.

2010 40 Time- 4.6

62 catches 986 yards 13 TDs

Also, he is a great blocker.

He will be participating in the East/West All Star Game. Look forward to seeing how he will do.

He is a very physical receiver to have such speed. Not afraid to cross the middle, goes up in traffic. Fearless and blocks great as well. One of the best I've seen. I think in college he'll put on about 35 pounds or more and be an excellent slot Receiver or maybe even a tight end. He is a great receiver.

Three of the Tornadoes have offers:

Darrell Warren - UTC

Derek Evans - Appalachian State (Verbally Committed)

VMI

Westpoint

Taharin Tyson - UTC

Westpoint

All three have additional schools recruiting them as well.

I dont understand how only UTC wants Warren. The kid is just an absolute work horse. You'd think Field Goal Fulmer was still coach at UT

I dont understand how only UTC wants Warren. The kid is just an absolute work horse. You'd think Field Goal Fulmer was still coach at UT

Unfortunately, local talent is not considered equal to that from Florida, Georgia, California, etc.. Combine this fact with coaches recruiting athletes specifically tailored for their system and the NCAA clearing house requirements and you can usually pinpoint why our local athletes get the back seat or no seat at all. One would think that Randall Cobb's success in the SEC would have sent a strong message.

However, I do not think the athletes listed above are done getting offers. To my knowledge,all above are in good academic standing. The fun is about to begin. Many D-1 and D-1AA schools wait for senior film and/or wait for senior academics/ACT scores through mid-year to see if their interests are well placed. Offers will flow after those concerns are met. Exposure via playoffs and State Championship games also pay big dividends as well.

Based on stats instead of someone's dad or a local yokel:

Given that the competition he has played and the fact that he is just a sophmore:

Davis Howell, CAK

Tn Leaders--

Receiving

Jonathan Payne (JCS): 68 rec, 1230 yards, 9 TDs

Zane Roberts (Anderson Co.): 67 rec, 1125 yards, 13 TDs

Adam Spence (Wartburg): 72 rec, 1070 yards, 16 TDs

Matt Brown (Harding): 38 rec, 1049 yards, 12 TDs

Jake Minga (Grace): 45 rec, 1046 yards, 17 TDs

Beau Simmons (Chattanooga Chr.): 66 rec, 1036 yards, 7 TDs

Rafeal Tyler (Lake Co.): 46 rec, 1017 yards, 18 TDs

Dray Mercer (Perry Co.): 69 rec, 1006 yards, 7 TDs

Davis Howell (CAK): 72 rec, 966 yards, 13 TDs