Whitehaven vs. Smyrna

Red Rebels

Hurrah for Smyrna. I am so glad to hear that they pulled this one off tonight. They are very deserving to represent the state next week as they are the best team I have seen all year. Cheers to everyone for stepping up without Meadows in the lineup. Bring home the gold, baby.

I was VERY impressed with Smyrna on both sides of the ball, especially the play of its offensive line, slippery Quarterback and hard-nosed RB. Additionally, the Right-guard was a beast! That cat was opening up holes all night long and did an excellent job of pass-blocking.

Although Whitehaven held Smyrna to only 10 points, Smyrna actually controlled the game for the most part: they mounted at least 4 or 5 long drives, including the final 6-minute one to run out the clock. Whitehaven, on the other hand, might have mounted only one half-way successful drive (its lone score was merely a 16 yard drive, after a fumble recovery)....Whitehaven's defense made a lot of excellent plays but couldn't seem to get off the field on 3rd downs, although they tightened up considerably in the the Red Zone.

The key difference in this game: Smyrna's offensive line play and execution, particularly on 3rd downs.

Maryville is going to have it hands full with Smyrna.

-----------------------------

Congratulations, Smyrna.... Good luck versus Maryville.

Great season, Whitehaven.

Edited by TraderB

Congrats to Smyrna and too bad for TheHaven. you have a really talented team.

Also thanks to everyone for the great hospitality...the smoked sausages were off the chain ! And to the group of girls who wished our players "good luck " next week along with other kind words i say too you, thank you ! That showed so much class on your part. :thumb:

To steal a line from Coach Williams.......at-a-baby. Great win Dawgs!!! Had to dig deep for this one. Once a again the Bulldogs were without a star player and got it done. St. Cloud not only stepped in at linebacker and did an excellent job, but also scored the winning touchdown. O-line played like beasts tonight. Whitehaven size was no match for the talent on our O-line. I have to agree with an earlier post in that that is where the game was won. Especially in the forth qtr when Bryson and crew were bagging six and seven yard runs to chew up six minutes plus to seal the win. Wilson way to bounce back after three interceptions against Blackman. Solid game tonight. D-line made some key tackles in the backfield at crucial moments. As for the coaches, great job. Did not panic when things seemed to sputter at the end of the first half. made some awsome adjustments and came out and scored to open the second half. Enjoy the win and the rest of the holiday weekend. Come out monday and practice hard. See yall in Cookeville. Go Dawgs!!!

Edited by milo118

I haven't seen Whitehaven play, but it seems that they are really rolling right about now. How will Smyrna do playing outside of Middle Tennessee. Will Smyrna respect Da 'Haven? :thumb:

I GUESS YOU HAVE THE ANSWER.OUR DOGS NOT ONLY RESPECTED BUT OUT FOUGHT THE TIGERS.IT WAS A GREAT GAME.YOU SHOULD GO WATCH THE TIGERS.THEY'RE A GREAT TEAM.GOTTA GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO #1. WE HAD A BRIEF CONVERSATION AFTER THE GAME.HE'S A FIRST CLASS YOUNG MAN.COACH HOOPER HAS INFLUENCED HIM,NO DOUBT.THE FOLKS AT WHITEHAVEN ARE FIRST CLASS.BEST OF LUCK NEXT YEAR.WE INTEND TO REPRESENT OUR DEFEATED OPPONENTS AT STATE.OUT OF RESPECT.THAT ALWAYS GOES A LONG WAY!!!!!!

Question for Smyrna fans.

I have not seen Smyrna play, but is Smyrna a team that focuses more on the run or the pass. Because one insight that I can tell you about Whitehaven's defense is that hardly no one will be able to run against this Whitehaven defense, except maybe South Panola. And even S. Panola may not be able to pile on the yards against this stout run defense.

IF YOU WERE THERE LAST NIGHT YOU CAN NOW SAY THAT YOU'VE SEEN SMYRNA PLAY.IT WAS AS MUCH A FIGHT AS IT WAS A GAME.OUR KIDS OUT DID.OUR TEAM DID RUN AGAINST THEIR DEFENSE.WE ATE THE CLOCK UP WITH THE RUN.THE TIGERS PLAYED HARD BUT OUR DOGS,WELL.STAY WARM MY FRIEND.