Dobyns bennett off season thread

WaCoJaCo

Waco,

I guess I should have said 'recently'.

are you saying that Clark's best win in recent years is a win over South a couple of years ago? Really? South?

OR hasn't been great in a few years - I wouldn't consider any recent wins against them as being unexpected. As a matter of fact, they fired their last coach. The only time I remember us really 'upsetting' them was when they had Bohannon at TB and the guy that went to Florida at WR. Can't remember his name. Gaddis was coaching them then. They took a turn for the worse after he left.

How long ago was it that we beat MBA? A great win for sure, but that was about 10 years ago?

Most of the teams that are favored to beat DB have killed us. Maryville and Farragut in recent years. Add that to losing to several teams that we should have beaten in the playoffs.

I don't know what your beef is with Clark. I mean I have disagreed with his play calling and a few other things from 2006 to 2009 but he did a heck of a job this year. You couldn't ask for better play calling against Bearden this year. 500 yrds of offense. I already proved you wrong and now you want to change the rules. Maybe we could just count the games since we beat Jefferson Co. That way you could be right. As far the playoff loses, well theres just some things that can't be explained. UFO's, The Missing Link, The Meaning of Life, and Why Can't DB win in the Playoffs?????? I don't think you could bring in a NFL all star team, put them in DB uniforms and win more than a couple games in the playoffs. Something weird would happen and they would all get sick or something.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Our East Tennessee boys played really good. And the Greeneville boys were . . . well . . . WOW ! Coach Carter wasn't gonna show Virginia any mercy either.

My link

The Greenville boys were the class of the game. I think they scored every touchdown. Story was the most impressive. Cannon had a good game and came close to scoring twice. Rusty Clark looked very good recovering a fumble on the very first play of the game that resulted in 6 points and had a QB sack. Seabolt had a interception. Seabolt was only in at QB for a couple plays. As a "team" the Va. squad wasn't very good. They had some good players though. The #1 could scoot, and they had some good defensive linemen. They only had a couple players that could match the speed on the Tn. side.

BS x1000.The first time you wrote a couple of years ago,you didn't know the name to go with the number when tossing praise.By the end,it was a fight to even talk of another lineman being great on the team.Now your just happen to be standing in a crowd of parents and players at the Big 8 banquet and overhear something but know nothing ? You know every little detail about a player on and off the field but "know nothing ? Still,you have to toss a barb at another player who is getting his due.I will put it this way.You can try to be a glory God all you want to,but if the talent isn't there,you will never be invited to the US Army All American combine.We have a player that has done that and is as fine a young man as any this years team had to offer,on and off the field...............

BatmanDB it is YOU that know nothing on this subject. Footballmania is correct he was there and so was I you were not, so don't be to quick to call others out. Cory was telling the truth, Morgan did go to him and tell him that that he could not take any other visits, and that he would be playing only a minute or two if that in any games. He went to Cory the day before the first home game and told him this and Cory did not touch the floor that night. Morgan had it in for Cory since the end of last season so he decided to let Cory come back and then not play him and when Cory was selected for the Big East/West game with Chris and they both were selected to play in the TN/VA game, Cory could not because he was then at that time "playing a winter sport" so he got knocked out of those bowl games. Now on the issue of Chris not playing in the Tn/Va game. Chris was told by coach Clark he made the team but then his name was not put on the rooster to play. Chris found this out from another teammate while he was away on Thanksgiving break with his family, he was told by the teammate that he did not "need' to play in that game because he was in the East/West game. He heard this from a kid not the coach!!! On that note he and his parents have waited for a response and nothing came from Daniels or the coaches. He did get to play in the East game but his parents were then told on that day by a coach from Db he could only play in ONE BOWL GAME and because played in that he could not play in another bowl game only to find out that is not TRUE at all!! Cory's mother made some calls to the the guy over the east game but it was to late, at this point both families are upset and now it seems DB coaches are going to get Cory in the other bowl game but did not even bother to get Chris, or Maurice in that game. What is going on with DB??? Apparently it is DB call on how many bowl games these kids get to play in and if that's the case don't tell the kids and then don't put them in and if you are then caught in lies or if you didn't do the right thing from the jump. Cory should have played in the east game and Cory, Chris, and Maurice should be playing in the Tn/Ky game. Don't pick and choose because you have a favorite or not pick a kid or kids because you are afraid some of kingsports finest will get ticked off. Politics+money+ a AD that does nothing = your great DB

No it's not funny at all. You don't mess with a kids education and their future, just so you can control the situation. I'm not saying he is a bad coach and I don't see were Waco did but everything Waco said is 100% true. As far as Clark goes, atleast he tries to help his players get a start in life with scholarships and disapline, not trying to control them and Morgan refuses to do so. Morgan has went as far as he has because of the strength of schedule, not because he turned frogs into princes. This is not a basketball thread and I will leave it there.

"As far as Clark goes, atleast he tries to help his players get a start in life with scholarships"

This is not a true statement also. coach Clark did not send out one high lite tape to ANY D1 school for Cory Hall, he actually told Cory mom that the best Cory would be able to play is at a D2 school. since then his mom as sent tape to several schools and Cory went to Ga. Tech with CS and they are planing to visit a couple other schools. Any thing that's being done now is being done by their families because of the lack of communication. Mrs.Sensabaugh and Ms.Hall have been told by several college coaches that their kids should have taken the act and sat earlier than what they should have and CS was also "advised" wrong when he got the offer from Clemson. His cousin Coty and Gerald have told him Clemson would have taken the verbal and he still could have visited other schools but he was "advised or told" that Clemson would not take a verbal. His uncle then heard from coach Brooks who had recruited CS while at UT who then went to Clemson that was "not" true but they did want CS to sign and because nothing was relayed back to Clemson by the start of his jr yr they took the offer off the table and it seems clark was excited to put that in the news. Clark said at the start of CS football career that he has never had anyone to receive looks from major colleges and that he had to shield CS from alot. What exactly was he shielding him from? Gerald and Coty got where they are because of their family involvement. Gerald went to a local small college and then onto UNC and made it for himself nothing came from DB, he told CS parents that clark did what he could but his mother was the one to get his film out to other schools while he was at ETSU. Same thing with Coty. He was set to go to Appy, and his mother sent a tape to Clemson and they came to see Coty at one of his basketball games and per Cotys' father that coach asked Clark why he did not send tape on Coty and Coty father said Clark and Daniels could not open their mouth for a response. It seems that the Sensabaughs are getting a crash course in how DB treats their players, and they are not happy. I have heard that CS parents are now having a issue, the mother is ticked because she said this would happen at the start of the season, and the father who played at DB told her to wait things out along with several other people. She actually confronted Daniels on Sr. night when he went up into the press box and told them NOT to say a word about CS breaking 4000yrds on his first carry. His god parents also went off that night. DB later did acknowledge CS but rumor has it because his mother was ticked off. She and her husband are still having issues over CS about his last yr at DB. word has it she wants to leave if and when CS signs and that her other son who played a little this season will be going with her. Not sure if that's true but i do know she is not happy at all and if that's the case CS little brother will be back in Clemson for the next season. Sucks for football and basketball because he plays both.

Every highschool player is allowed to play in two all stars games max when I talked to db coach he said the reason why cs didn't play was because he missed three days of school to play in the east verses west game and he said he had catch up on school work. Who looked the fastest player on the field

There sure is alot of HE said SHE said being thrown around in here. Knowing what I know, I think theres just a little bit of truth to "some" of this but I think somebody is just trying to add fuel to a spark for obvious reasons. If there is a problem with the DB staff or any recruiting problems look to the AD. He destroyed the basketball program forever and now he's going to take down all sports at DB. If they don't make a change there soon just wait and see if what I say is not true.

There sure is alot of HE said SHE said being thrown around in here. Knowing what I know, I think theres just a little bit of truth to "some" of this but I think somebody is just trying to add fuel to a spark for obvious reasons. If there is a problem with the DB staff or any recruiting problems look to the AD. He destroyed the basketball program forever and now he's going to take down all sports at DB. If they don't make a change there soon just wait and see if what I say is not true.

Waco you are in my opinion 100% correct. Daniels does nothing that I can see that is productive to DB. He as an office but for what purpose? He does nothing but collect the money from tix sales at the basketball game and tee shirt sales in the dome. Daniels has pointed the finger at Clark on more than one occasion when something was not done, however if Clark is not doing anything to correct bad decisions made by the AD maybe he agrees with them or maybe he is just waiting to see if he will become the next AD if asked. If Clark stops coaching could he be the next AD at DB? Would he take the job?

ADDITUP.BS x1000 had nothing to do with anything said by a player.I have no beef with any player and think every one of our offensive linemen were fine young men.It just makes me sick for anyone to put a kid down,over and over again.That's what the BS is about.You have to read through the BS to see what is really being said.I don't know why anyone can't just be an honest bastd and brag on someone without constantly throwing another kid under the bus.I'll say this.From the first time they posted,we all knew it was someone very close to the player.I don't see the need to cover up and be a liar.I used my real name on here and defended DB in every possible way before doing the same as BatmanDB.It's not a matter of who is right but a matter of who is low.To threaten and slander a kid on an open web page is pretty low.I would make sure the glass is safe around the glass house I was living in.Now,I don't care if that happens to be dead on and the truth hurts,because it is dead on and they know it.they know it,they know ittt

BatmanDB don't know nor do I care about the BSx1000, I only wanted you to know that FootballMania was not lying and he was there when Hall said why he quit the team and that you do sometimes see things through rose colored glasses when it comes to DB. I have never seen or read anything about you bashing a kid i think you do show great spirit and support for DB. However you do tend to show more support for one kid more than some of the others and that is fine also. If that kid is your favorite, that's who you like anyone else will speak of more. Your choice, your opinion. I would like to point out from Hall and Meece point of view, it is very easy to get a pancake or knock down block when another person has to make the initial hit and the other person who weighs 284lbs just has to fall on them. If you go to youtube,and look at the high lites that have been put up by Hall and he has done several for the kids on the team including a very good one of his own, you will see most of hits and good plays come off of Hall and or Meece that allowed for some very good runs for Sensabaugh if not touchdowns. Hall was always down the field making hits or moving guys out. Meece did a great job firing off the ball and making blocks as well. I feel that they did not get the recognition they deserved. Your guy was not bad but he is not every thing that he is being hyped up to be either. He is good but he has some work to do. Big sometimes equals slow. He may be going to a combine that none of these guys got to go to but how will he perform against kids that are quicker and not some of the locals that you can just fall on. Great kid, could be a great player one day but he still has some work to do on the field not just in the weight room. Football players not only have to be BIG, but now they have to be able to move and be able to play for more than 2 or 3 plays. Crowder wore your guy out in the Tn/DB game. He has got to start moving his feet and get down the field a little more. In several games he would attempt to pancake or hit the guy low and they started jumping right over him and he just laid there. Hall and Meece made continuous blocks or was down field after initial hits. i just think Hall moves a lot better than your guy. Again nothing wrong with cheering for a person or posting on the one you think is or was better just remember they ALL got some work to do and they ALL need to get better. old saying was GOOD TO GREAT and DB is a long way from great because they have yet to advance to the next level in the game. Great season, great group of guys they should have won it all this year. Clark should have went to state at least 3 times with the exception of last year. That group did not have alot of leadership and very little discipline. Your boy was good along with a couple of others but they just did not have playoff potential.