Dobyns bennett off season thread

WaCoJaCo

The Hill,it's not fair to waco that you used COMMON SENSE.Waco,as for being lucky in the win streak.Anyone see our number 1 team in the state play at Science Hill in 2008.Anyone see their 6'6" wideout ten yards behind everyone, standing in the end zone when the game winning past was thrown to him.Our 5'6" Steele made a great play but we were just flat out lucky to get out of there with a win.For arguments sake and our resident clown.luck can mean a lot of things, such as what happens when preparation meets opportunity.Synonyms include fortunateness and blessing.I consider it a fortunate blessing that Steele was able to save our backsides on that play.When in doubt or proved to be wrong again,just try calling names or one liners fool,it's all you got.

Lets see now. Just to set the record straight. You say all I've got is one liners and name calling and you called me a resident fool, a clown, and again at the end of your post you called me a fool. You talk about "COMMON SENSE" and you are not even smart enough to know what it means. Your so far out in left field that you think Steele was lucky to knock down that pass. I think that "true" DB fans who have watched Steele play for the past three years know that that was skill, NOT LUCK. I don't know of a single game in this win streak that we enjoy over Science Hill that has been won with "luck" I give our players all the praise for playing hard and the coaches for preparing for the games. You can google the word luck and come up with all the fancy synonyms you want. This is a football message board not Iwanttobeapansy.com. I guess in your mind you figure this years win was luck also. If you knew what your co-workers and DB fans that actually know you have been saying about you for the past two years you would probably pack your bags and move back to Greenville. Suck-up

Kingsport has had some great athletes too . . . But to me an easy comparison is, how does Science Hill compare to D-B in all sports? Science Hill does very well against you guys in basketball, baseball, wrestling, swimming and etc. Coaching has been the major down fall in football at SH. To me its obvious! Hopefully Carter and his "staff" will take us to the next level. Time will tell.

Well, this is a football thread so thats what Im making my comparison on. You are right though. Science Hill has good athletes in those other sports. Probably better than DB. But Science Hill is just not a football school. Compair them to DUKE or North Carolina in that respect. The interest is just not there for football. Johnson City would not support ETSU football either. Thats just the way it is. Everybody was saying that Science Hill had the athletes this year and would compete for the Big 8 championship with Carter in charge. By mid season they were saying "give him three years". Its been 18 years since Science Hill defeated DB in football and we haven't exactly been setting the woods on fire here in Kingsport. Yes time will tell....but how much more time do you want?

Everybody was saying that Science Hill had the athletes this year and would compete for the Big 8 championship with Carter in charge. By mid season they were saying "give him three years".

Nobody was saying SHHS would compete for the big 8 last year.

Consensus is it will take some time to change the mindset at Science Hill.

Carter is on the right track.

Sounds like you are a littlle worried??

Everybody was saying that Science Hill had the athletes this year and would compete for the Big 8 championship with Carter in charge. By mid season they were saying "give him three years".

Nobody was saying SHHS would compete for the big 8 last year.

Consensus is it will take some time to change the mindset at Science Hill.

Carter is on the right track.

Sounds like you are a littlle worried??

Actually most South fans were saying it, and one Greenville fan. I don't think any Science Hill fans were saying it. I don't remember any anyway. What in my post would make you think I am worried. And don't take my post as a jab at Science Hill. Its just the way it is, thats all.

That's the great thing about my coworkers.the ones that are man enough to say it to my face have my respect.Same as those on here that are man enough to tell who they are.You lose again

From what they tell me it wouldn't take much of a man to "say it to your face" Move back to Greenville. Your not a true DB fan anyway. We already figured that one out a long time ago.

Not being a true DB fan is what a lot of players have said about you.I could care less what any of the guys you might party with have to say about me because that would be the few that I don't run around with.Be careful what you write because they might not be so open as you are.

Your living in a dream world sissy. Im telling you what the guys you run with are saying, the guys I run with don't even know you. Maybe you should stick to trashing UT football and stay off the DB threads. Poser

Well, this is a football thread so thats what Im making my comparison on. You are right though. Science Hill has good athletes in those other sports. Probably better than DB. But Science Hill is just not a football school. Compair them to DUKE or North Carolina in that respect. The interest is just not there for football. Johnson City would not support ETSU football either. Thats just the way it is. Everybody was saying that Science Hill had the athletes this year and would compete for the Big 8 championship with Carter in charge. By mid season they were saying "give him three years". Its been 18 years since Science Hill defeated DB in football and we haven't exactly been setting the woods on fire here in Kingsport. Yes time will tell....but how much more time do you want?

WaCo . . . I don't know that comparing ETSU and Science Hill is a fair comparison . . . to me it is comparing apples to oranges . . . But, a good example of what a good coach can do in the college ranks is Jim Harbaugh at Stanford. To me, how can a school with very high academic standards like Stanford, dominate in major college football? Coaching!

I think D-B has had some luck in the 18 yr long winning streak against SH, but for the most part we have been dominated in the coaching ranks. Is it because we are a basketball school? I don't think so . . . If that is the case, then why hasn't that basketball mentality spilled over into all of Science Hill sports other than football?

Just a thought . . . ??

Kingsport has had some great athletes too . . . But to me an easy comparison is, how does Science Hill compare to D-B in all sports? Science Hill owns you guys in basketball, baseball, wrestling, swimming and etc. Coaching has been the major down fall in football at SH. To me its obvious! Hopefully Carter and his "staff" will take us to the next level. Time will tell.

fixed your post.

I know this is a football board, but how 'bout that SH-DB hoops game Friday night...another classic.

Edited by voltnh

I doubt you have been in Greeneville talking to any of my friends and I know the guys you would run with don't know me.Get back to your cave and quit trying to draw a fight with a real man..

Do you have some kind of brain injury or what? Get someone to read these post and explain them to you. Ok, let me help you. First off, I never even hinted I had talked to your "friends" in Greenville. I've been talking to your co-workers, and people who know you. And I wouldn't really call them your friends either. Hey I told you already the guys I run with don't know you, and don't want to know you. Also stop trying to be like me with your pathetic atempt at a "one liner". Your co-workers are going to have a good laugh when I tell them you called yourself a "real man". Move back to Greenville and hang with your "real friends"

WaCo . . . I don't know that comparing ETSU and Science Hill is a fair comparison . . . to me it is comparing apples to oranges . . . But, a good example of what a good coach can do in the college ranks is Jim Harbaugh at Stanford. To me, how can a school with very high academic standards like Stanford, dominate in major college football? Coaching!

I think D-B has had some luck in the 18 yr long winning streak against SH, but for the most part we have been dominated in the coaching ranks. Is it because we are a basketball school? I don't think so . . . If that is the case, then why hasn't that basketball mentality spilled over into all of Science Hill sports other than football?

Just a thought . . . ??

How good do you think Stanford and Harbaugh would of been playing in the SEC? The Ducks beat Stanford something like 30-0 this year. How did the Ducks do against the SEC in the Championship Game? Im just sayin'

I was using ETSU to illustrate that the Johnson City area as a whole doesn't have the interest in football that other area's have. I don't know why that is but it is. They spent alot of money over there building the mini-dome to try and build interest in the football program and people didn't budge. I see the same thing happening now. The lack of interest trickles down to the kids. You just can't force feed a community and expect them to respond. Sure you had some fine athletes (by upper east tn. standards) and had alot of guys out for football. But their heart just wasn't in it. If Stacy Carter is the man to turn it around its going to take him 20 years, not 3. He should of at least made a showing against DB this year. I can't remember having a easier win in any of the 18 years this streak has been going on. Also remember this. Your the largest high school in east tn., don't gauge your success on just beating DB. If you do all you'll ever be is champions of upper east tn.

bla,bla,bla.The players don't like you and I could care less what anyone you talk to think.Those guys your talking to have rights and can even get married now,so you keep in touch with them.Your the biggest poser DB has to contend with.Go back to your man cave and quit trying to be a real man behind a key board.

Yep...I'd say theres some brain damage there. The hand full of players your talking about were from the 2009 team. Their the ones that were lazy and did't like to work out in the off season. I remember one of them said he didn't care if they won or lost he just wanted to have a good time. (a prodect of the "upward system") Yea, I called them out on it right here on CoachT, and they didn't like it. Big deal. I dought any of them cared who I was anyway. And I'd bet they don't even remember it. I mean why would they, they didn't care in the first place. Thats what brought us to our worst season in 25 years. A losing season. When that hand full of so called players left you see what happened. 10-0 regular season record. I didn't say anything on CoachT that Coach Clark wasn't telling them in practice. Every true DB fan knows what im talking about. So let that set the record straight. As for the rest of your rambling I don't have a clue.....something about rights, getting married, and a man cave. Dude you've got issues. Move back to Greenville.