Dobyns bennett off season thread

WaCoJaCo

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see DB go out of state for a game.Maybe around Charlotte.Or up into kenSUCKY.I wish alot more teams would do this.How would a HOOVER,AL vs MARYVILLE,TN turn out?I agree with playing HARDER teams.Cause it does make you better overall.What do you learn from beating a team like Central,South,TH,by 30 almost every yr?Pn those games your starters play maybe 2Q.And theres no reason why DB should have guys playin both ways.Im a duke fan and its like Coach K.Dont get me wrong.I would never 2nd guess him.But why is it they have 10 Mcdonalds all-americans and you only play 7 on a good nite.Theres no reason for DB to be playin Boys on both sides on the ball.Put a kid in there if he cant do it move to the next one.I understand now a days its who your MOM and DAD is.And where you live.I beat theres abunch of KIDS that live in LEE,CLOUD,MODEL CITY that would kill on the field and court too.Some dont have the money.I know with all these DB folks that there could be some kind of FUND we could have for them to help pay for shoes and other stuff.I have a friend that lives over in CHARLOTTE.And he says the SENIORS go out and recruit younger kids and classmates to come out and play.And some of the Football alumi have a FUND not with the school.So they can help some of the kids that there famliys might not be able to afford.And they car pool to games.its like a famliy were as at some schools some fans actted like there better than others.We all want the same thing.Pull togther.Show the rest of the STATE and other schools around here that we are a famliy.Everyone says they want to be like MARYVILLE,ALCOA and others.FORGET THAT CRAP.BE Dobyns Bennett.Make people say they want to be like yall.And stop talkin bout COACHES and players out in the open.Talk at ball games and keep it to yourselfves.i WENT TO SCHOOL THERE WAS 3500 KIDS IN OUR SCHOOL.We had 137 kids every yr,Give or take a few.DB has 1900.Theres no reason why you shouldnt have atleast 100 every yr.and no 2 way players.Im just sayin what ive seen since ive been here.Kpt can be a city of FOOTABLL POWER in the STATE of TENNESSEE.But it starts with the fans,parents,coaches.If you have a kid at DB tell him to talk to some of the other kids that dont play.Tell them to BUILD them up.So DB can go to the next level.Start a Fund for kids that cant afford it.I seen a kid up in the stands this yr thats in ROTC that looks ike hes 6'3 close to 300 lbs he should have been on that field instead of in the stands.Lets help DB people not just talk about it.Do yall want to be CHAMPTIONS or just keep talkin about it.Its time to prove yourself DB fans,PARENTS,COACHES.

Batman,No DISRESPECT.But playin a few on both sides is going to keep getting DB what they get.Early exits in the playoffs.And as far as a fund,As long as the parents of the kid is fine with it theres no rules that say you cant.Its good to see that kids will share food.But Fans and Alumi of DB need to put back into there old team.Man everyone needs to DROP that be like Maryville and other team CRAP.This is high school not the pros.You cant tell me out of almost 2000 kids they cant find 11-Off and 11-Dff and 11SpTeams and not use the same guys?thats 33 kids.and you still should have a few back ups.If the coaches can coach.they can make it happen.Youve got to teach the game of F-BALL.If not then i guess DB is going to be alway OVERRATTED.Do you really want your STAR QB and RB and WR going both ways?Clark is a good coach,But fans and alumi and parents need to demand it.Nothing bad about Central,Vol,DC but your playin 2 way players like them.And thats to bad for the kids standing on the sidelines.and thats why alot of kids stop trying out.who wants to stand on the sidelines.i bet theres a few on the sidelines that would have give SS,CS,and TyH a run for there money.If they were given a chance.Thats how you find Hidden Talent.Im starting to think DB is happy just running over teams in NE Tenn.Alot of wasted talent.

Edited by DBfanFromNC

It's not been that long ago that we had 140 out for spring practice Carolina.We still only had so many star players and some very good players.The big boys are givin a shot to shine as are the backs.In a month or two they will be going at it to see who wants to play and who doesn't really want to work for it.If we have a standout player,the coaches will see him very quick.They will see who puts out in the drills and runs at the end as well as who is lazy.The thing about the three players you spoke of is not only that they were or are talented but they all give 100% before friday nights ever got here.If we have a player that hits harder then CS,or runs faster then SS,or is bigger and stronger then Tyh,then he will be playing if he lives in a ten million dollar home or in the poorest part of town......I think the TSSAA screwed up by taking us out of the big East with other schools our size.There is nothing wrong with going against the local teams that have good programs most every year,but we have no business playing some of the schools that we have to and it's not right or good for either of us.

I agree with you here BM. Rich or poor, they earn their positions. That is why we have guys going both ways, they want it and they are the ones getting it done in practice. Some kids are satisfied with just being part of the team, playing or not. Work ethic is the big factor here, Thats why we don't have 100 plus anymore. Practice is Hard and the coaches are tough and the kids choose the easiest road. It's not good, but it's the truth. This starts at Home people!

As far as the schedule, we should play some local teams. It keeps the flavor going but our schedule should not get weaker through out the season. It kill us come playoff time. We have the players most years, we just don't have the depth in schedule to keep us ready. We start off with a strong schedule and it declines so, when it comes to the playoffs we are not ready for the competition.

Edited by FootballMania

It's not been that long ago that we had 140 out for spring practice Carolina.We still only had so many star players and some very good players.The big boys are givin a shot to shine as are the backs.In a month or two they will be going at it to see who wants to play and who doesn't really want to work for it.If we have a standout player,the coaches will see him very quick.They will see who puts out in the drills and runs at the end as well as who is lazy.The thing about the three players you spoke of is not only that they were or are talented but they all give 100% before friday nights ever got here.If we have a player that hits harder then CS,or runs faster then SS,or is bigger and stronger then Tyh,then he will be playing if he lives in a ten million dollar home or in the poorest part of town......I think the TSSAA screwed up by taking us out of the big East with other schools our size.There is nothing wrong with going against the local teams that have good programs most every year,but we have no business playing some of the schools that we have to and it's not right or good for either of us.

Then why keep the lazy ones on the team then?Thats like your sayin all the kids standing on the sidelines on friday nites that aint getting playing time are lazy.If they practice all week then give them some playing time.If there lazy then get them off the sidelines cause they aint helping you any way.Maryville and Alcoa dont have teams full of stars.Yeah,they have some.But they give kids a chance to play and prove there self.Not all there kids go to college.look it up.And you know just as well as i do.coaches have FAV.And i was sayin There are kids out there that may be as good as CS,SS,TyH.The DB fanbase need to help get them out there.Just like the players and coaches do.Alot of these kids see the football team only on friday nite.They dont go to the practices.And then you see 80 kids on the sidelines with 33 playin O,D,ST and most of them are two way.what do you think these kids think?practice all week then just stand on the sidelines.there just 15-17 yr olds.Do you even see what im sayin?I think theres alot of WASTED TALENT.If the kids are not giving 100% then it falls on the coaches to get it out of them or get them out of there.You cant tell me out of 1900 kids DB only has 15 or so good players.Theres no reason a 6a school plays 2 ways.unless its a WR/KR or RB/PT.So you dont agree with what im sayin?HECK ill put in the 1st $ to start a fund for kids that cant afford what they need.Ive got a friend from maryville that say maryville alumi and parents picks a kid or kids to help out.I guess i just see alot of things others dont and expect too much when there on fanbase is happy with yr after yr crap.I see DB and the city of KPT being a powerhouse in all of Tennessee not just N.E.

True Mania.Football is not for everyone and it takes a man to put in the work to become a player like Cory and all those that have had the lights shine bright on them over the years at J Fred or any other local high school stadium.

Come on now.A MAN?These are 14 to 17 yr old kids.Needing to be taught the game of F-BALL.And Cory is a fine player.And im not sayin he dont do this.But as one of the top players as a teammate he should be pushin the other guys to work harder if thats the case,and not to be LAZY.Be a leader.Not just on fridays but all week.Cause that will make the whole team better.And i know ever kid is not a Ball player.But 1900 kids and only out of 33 spots O,D,ST you have maybe 8 kids playin and the rest are 2 way kids.At a 6a school?Come on now.You know thats weak.Some kids you need to help come out there shells.These coaches are teachers first right?Just go back on Maryville over the last 10 yrs or so and look how many 2 way kids they have.A few STeamers and KR,PR.and thats it.Common sense tells us the more that play the fresher the star kids are at playoff time.Put them boys in,and if they cant handle it get them off the team and move them down to jv or freshman.I just think DB could be alot better than what they are.

Last thing,We dont need a team full of all stars.It would be nice.we need a few stars and some good and descend ones to help.Do you know how much better we would have been if all our O-Players could have rested until it was time to go back out,The same with the D-Players.Its like swimming,Ive heard alot of people tell this there on way,and heres mine.My oldest brother taught me to swim.He pushed me in the pool and said sink or swim.Samething as im sayin.Put some of these kids out there and say.PLAY BALL or get RUN OVER and MADE a FOOL of.You win ethier way.The ones that want to play will listen in practice and try harder cause he knows hes going to be in the spot light.The ones that dont will get made a FOOL of and my guess QUIT and walk away.And in that case we dont need them on the team anyway.I helped coach my JV team back home for 2 yrs as a VOL.And we never had a 2 way and nethier did the VARSITY team.As fans,parents,alumi we have a right to give some input.These are our kids and friends.BATMAN or any DB fan or WHOEVER tell me what u think?Do i sound dumb?Is this something that really can happen?Does it not make sense?Stop makin excuses,go recriut tell your kids to.even if there not playin.HOW STUPID IS IT TO HAVE A TEAM OF 80 OR SO AND ONLY PLAY 18 WITH ABUNCH OF THEM GOING 2 WAYS?