Riverdale's Future?

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he has a 20 % tear in his hamstring. out for spring practice.

Man, that sounds like it would hurt. Hamstrings are always very tricky and take time to heal. Hope he can get fully recoverd by fall. Adam's one of the few true D1 prospects in our district this year.

Man, that sounds like it would hurt. Hamstrings are always very tricky and take time to heal. Hope he can get fully recoverd by fall. Adam's one of the few true D1 prospects in our district this year.

Sure hope he gets and stays healthy! Adam is a beast out on that field! Keep working hard Warriors!! :thumb:

I am starting this thread because it is not fair to Ravenwood for R'dale fans to be griping in their thread.

workinprogress

"I agree Riverdaleman. Riverdale was really young this year and it showed at times. However, the foundation is there to be a great team next year. It takes time for a program to go through a coaching change most of the time. Oakland did it in a year so there are exceptions but they are few and far in between. Look how long it took Smyrna to become competitive and even more recently Blackman. Some Riverdale fans will not be happy until the warriors start playing for the gold ball year in and year out. That simply doesnt happen very often. Coach A is a good coach and Riverdale is lucky to have him. I dont see him leaving Riverdale any time soon. He may not have all of the fans' support but he does have the administration's support."

riverdaleman

he definatly has the administration support

OK so where are we going to find a defense for next year? DB's that have been coached to either play off their man by 5-7 yards or either play the opposite way and interfer. Or 'special teams' play for example. One only has to look how close our kicks came to getting blocked last week. Maybe one would like to know when we are going to either run a kick off or punt back for a touch down.

Lets look at the sidelines. Where once we had 100-110 VARSITY Players we are lucky to have 70 now. This translated to us being the team that got tired and quit the 4th quarter last week. How many now HAVE to play two ways? How about the fact the Freshman team is an after thought. It used to be an important foundation to the program.

This is purely Coach A's team as it has NOTHING left of the Great Program he got 5 years ago!

Some have suggested I support another team.......evidently I am because the team and coach who keeps choking year after year is NOT RIVERDALE that I supported and used to watch going to the big dance year after year! <_<

Hello Lost Old Dad or "Mike"

First of all let me state that I am new here. These are our first Spring Drills at Riverdale. When my family was moving here we asked about sachool zones and sport traditions and with a doubt our realtor said "Riverdale". A while back another parent told me abou this site and I have been reading back logs and back logs of comments. I really look forward to the up coming fall. There seems to be a lot of good fun and school spirit here in Rutherford County.

My question is why are you so negative about coach "A". I asked coach "A" about this yesterday and he said???? But, he would be happy to sit down face to face and talk about your doubts. I think that this would be a great idea and cut down on this negative chatter. All in!!

I found your name on a previous post and googled to get your address. If you don't have transportation I am more than willing to pick you up and run you by the school. Perhaps we could meet at the up coming scrimage? I just want to see the air cleared here and all of us be true Warriors.

So how about it?

Edited by Shag

the poster you are refering to is a loyal riverdale fan i have read his posts since 05 he is the harry carey of riverdale football and his knowledge and insight of the warriors on here has been very appreciated to me over the years and getting back to your question is the problems with coach a to me and i think alot of riverdale fans is that wing t offense, he came into riverdale in 06 with a team that could have won state but didnt because of all that sideways running, its boring and if you can stop it than riverdale cannot beat you with anything else "smyrna quaterfinals 06, wilson central quaterfinals 07, maryville semi finals 09 the wing t fumble game" alot of people on here do not believe you can win a state championship at the highest level of high school football running the wing t, and something else is their were alot of former riverdale coachs that were on the rankin staff who ended up across town at oakland "which is riverdales biggest rival" winnig a state championship two years later in 08

the poster you are refering to is a loyal riverdale fan i have read his posts since 05 he is the harry carey of riverdale football and his knowledge and insight of the warriors on here has been very appreciated to me over the years and getting back to your question is the problems with coach a to me and i think alot of riverdale fans is that wing t offense, he came into riverdale in 06 with a team that could have won state but didnt because of all that sideways running, its boring and if you can stop it than riverdale cannot beat you with anything else "smyrna quaterfinals 06, wilson central quaterfinals 07, maryville semi finals 09 the wing t fumble game" alot of people on here do not believe you can win a state championship at the highest level of high school football running the wing t, and something else is their were alot of former riverdale coachs that were on the rankin staff who ended up across town at oakland "which is riverdales biggest rival" winnig a state championship two years later in 08

If the team could have won in 06 then they would have. Funny you bring up Oakland and all of Riverdale's ex assistants. Oakland won in 08 running a lot of smokestack. If you can win with running the smokestack then you can win running the wingt. Also, many fans on here say they dont like Adeylott because he runs the wingt. He actually runs more of a hybrid version of the wingt. Old dad was a loyal Riverdale fan while they were winning and playing for championships. True fans are supportive through it all.

If the team could have won in 06 then they would have. Funny you bring up Oakland and all of Riverdale's ex assistants. Oakland won in 08 running a lot of smokestack. If you can win with running the smokestack then you can win running the wingt. Also, many fans on here say they dont like Adeylott because he runs the wingt. He actually runs more of a hybrid version of the wingt. Old dad was a loyal Riverdale fan while they were winning and playing for championships. True fans are supportive through it all.

you can win championships with any offense, just have to execute what ever you run. riverdale scores alot of points. we need defense to step up this year. dont think offense is a problem. ask any high school coach and i bet they wish riverdale would throw out the wing for their benefit.go warriors. defense wins championships, time to step it up.

From what I have observed with LOD and Coach A is it seems to be a personal dislike. LOD feels that Coach A has under achieved and with Coach committed to goofy ball it not only leaves a sour taste, it's not real pretty to look at and becomes an easy target. I'm sure if Coach wins a couple Gold Balls it wouldn't matter what offense they were running.

Gold Balls are Gold Balls! :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

The wing-t is the strength of Riverdale's program since Coach A's arrival. I like the wing-t. Unfortunately, that's been the teams only strength. I remain an optimist and hope that we'll see some life from defense and special teams.

Coach A has embraced the forward pass since his arrival. Hopefully he will someday embrace defense and special teams in like fashion. When that happens Riverdale can start their return to glory.

I can feel the air clearing already. :rolleyes: