Heritage high off season

scotsqb7

Nice cop out...own what you have.

Neither Jett kid played this year.

We did give you a starting QB, what more do you want?

you gave us a startinng qb? are you kidding me? you mean he played at the high school he was suppose to play for. and your starting qb should have been playing for us too. i would truly like to see an alcoa team that played with only alcoa city kids and all the county kids played for the county schools.

Edited by scotsqb7

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see, there is your first problem. HHS cannot control what they do have. All you want to do is blame somebody else for your problems instead of moving forward. If HHS would just do that and get the players out of the hallways progress would be made.

If the county would just make a commitment to football, maybe there wouldn't be any emigration and kids from Alcoa could come to your school for free. Ever think about that?

Some good points made. Atheletes walking the halls and not playing is a main concern. It is very true. HHS athletes at AHS, very true but you cant blame the kid for wanting to be apart of a winning program. You blame the parents for not being loyale. Alcoa has kids that never step on the field for them but could start at HHS. I guess if you want to stand and watch, get your ring and can be happy with your kid standing then thats what you should do. Good for you.... Now the HHS situation is not all that bad for next season. Some changes will need to be made to fit the athletes they do have. The O line will need to get better and they will have a hard time replacing all three line backers. All the DB's will be back and most of the D-line. Evan Brown, & Mar Gordan will be missed but can be replaced. The Cline kid is a great athlete but like was said earlier he cant do it all. Some younger kids will need to step up... All and all there is some good tallent on that team. I will predict a 6-4 year next year for the Mountaineers.......

I'm not to worried about the linebacker postion for HHS next year. Does it hurt losing JL Click. Well yes of course it does. But you have Malone stepping in at mike backer and most people know who follow the heritage program that him and Jon Tran bring the pop every play. Tran started half the games last season on varsity. Then to go with those two. You have Larue who is a heck of a football player and Jole Payne. So i feel HHS will be okay at the LB's next season.

Offensive life wise HHS started two sophomores last season and had two players out due too injury and one player dismissed midway through the season. So while the line was rocky this past season, should have plenty of experience to hopefully go out and compete next year.

With the QB's you have J. Newman who is a great athlete all around that's just a little rough around the edges. Then you have Jake Olvey who is an extremely smart kid that makes good decisions with the football.

You have LaRue who is young and more of a runner but his arm is coming along.

rumor has it Matt Plummer might rejoin the team also at QB along with R.T. Byrd but im not sure about either.

And as far as athletes roaming the halls. If they were athletes they would be on the field. Not walking around the track on friday nights. So its kinda a moot point.

You see, there is your first problem. HHS cannot control what they do have. All you want to do is blame somebody else for your problems instead of moving forward. If HHS would just do that and get the players out of the hallways progress would be made.

If the county would just make a commitment to football, maybe there wouldn't be any emigration and kids from Alcoa could come to your school for free. Ever think about that?

I'm not complaning about anything; people have been complaining for years and it hasn't changed anything, so complaning is pointless. I'm sick and tired of hearing about the great and almighty alcoa who play at the 3a level with kids from all over the county. Then you want to sit there and act like you gave hhs a qb because he played where he was suppose to is a joke. Alcoa is about to win their 7th straight state title, can you name one of those teams that didn't have any county kids on the team?

Again, this has nothing to do with Alcoa...I said the best athletes at HHS are roaming the hallways and you want to talk about the F5.

Clean up you own house brother.

Quit pointing fingers and find out who would like to play there and get them out.

Again, there are kids that live in Maryville and Alcoa that go to HHS and WB.

For free.

Again, this has nothing to do with Alcoa...I said the best athletes at HHS are roaming the hallways and you want to talk about the F5.

Clean up you own house brother.

Quit pointing fingers and find out who would like to play there and get them out.

Again, there are kids that live in Maryville and Alcoa that go to HHS and WB.

For free.

ok my fault for bringing up the alcoa situation; it is clerly a losing battle. so i'll just focus on the heritage program as is.