Jefferson County Football 2011

JCHS13

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude have you seen the up and coming classes? Have you seen the Middle school teams there IS NO SIZE OR ENOUGH SKILLED PLAYERS TO COMPETE IN 6a Ball not matter how you look at it or who is coaching. SORRY THE TRUTH HURTS

OK lets quit and give up. can we ask tssaa to let us play 2a so that we can compete. WHAT IS YOU SUGGESTIONS TO GET BETTER? what should we do?

Although I am not directly involved with the Jeff County community I do agree with the last 2 posts. From an outsiders perspective it seems that talent is no where near what it was in the day. People there are crazy if the think it is even close. But...it does seem like a coach should still win a lot of games every year. The league is as weak as any across the state. Going 6-1 in region play is good but am I wrong in saying JC will struggle for a while to get to the 3rd round? If a staff doesn't finish 6-1 or 5-2 worst case then it has to be considered a bad year. Didn't William Blount beat Jeff this past year? Where did William Blount finish in their region? I think they finished like 7th or so. Is there still talk of a 2nd school? Is the money there to bring in good assistant coaches? It's been a while but when I was last there the weightroom was no bigger than my living room. Good fieldhouse if it was just lockerroom, coaches offices and film room. But with weightroom also there it is tiny. Some of the worst programs traditionally have much bigger facilities than 2,500 student Jefferson County. It Does matter. The talent level isn't high enough to overcome these things. Pride has to be taken in all areas and a 'system' implemented on offense/defense that has to be ran at the middle schools. Then they MAY compete outside the region. In numbers alone they should be a little better though shouldn't they? Beating Sevier County was big but look at how bad Farragut beat Sevier County in first round of playoffs. IF the community would rally together and not rely on the school system they could build a weightroom and get some things going for the future.

Sorry so long..got on a roll. Hope I didn't affend anyone along the way.

OK lets quit and give up. can we ask tssaa to let us play 2a so that we can compete. WHAT IS YOU SUGGESTIONS TO GET BETTER? what should we do?

Yes you may need to ask to go to 2a. Cause there is no way you all can beat teams like Greenevill, Gibbs or Tennessee High 4a.. Also there no way you can beat Alcoa, Austin East or West Greene in 3a. It may be hard for you to compete in 2a with teams like Rockwood, Tellico Plains and Oneida

Yes you may need to ask to go to 2a. Cause there is no way you all can beat teams like Greenevill, Gibbs or Tennessee High 4a.. Also there no way you can beat Alcoa, Austin East or West Greene in 3a. It may be hard for you to compete in 2a with teams like Rockwood, Tellico Plains and Oneida

Is this really your answer to JC's problems. man Im gland your not in charge. Is it that you just cant come up with anything that may help other than what has happened? What is your logical answer?

Edited by patpride1

A FINAL SALUTE: Given the record of the past 4 years, I may have made the same choice considering the 20-22 record, but, I say but, There is much more than the record when letting a coach go that many like and respect. I am one. What I can say, dispite the record is: The program is much better off than when he got the job. We have went from 30 players to near 90. This is progress. Second, he has effected many young men in a positive way, for this we say thanks and salute. As long as you leave somthing better than you find it, you can always hold you head high and walk tall. Anderson can be proud and move on. He done his best and thats all you can do. Although this decision may be the correct move down the road, who knows, time will tell, It does not come without saying by to a JC friend. Good luck

A FINAL SALUTE: Given the record of the past 4 years, I may have made the same choice considering the 20-22 record, but, I say but, There is much more than the record when letting a coach go that many like and respect. I am one. What I can say, dispite the record is: The program is much better off than when he got the job. We have went from 30 players to near 90. This is progress. Second, he has effected many young men in a positive way, for this we say thanks and salute. As long as you leave somthing better than you find it, you can always hold you head high and walk tall. Anderson can be proud and move on. He done his best and thats all you can do. Although this decision may be the correct move down the road, who knows, time will tell, It does not come without saying by to a JC friend. Good luck

Great post. I agree that the overall "program" is better than when he started. I am glad to say my son is and will always be a Patriot.

Cowbell, Coach Anderson, More Cowbell

Go Patriots !!!!!

Coach Anderson did wonders for the program when he started til he was pushed tostep aside. I think the best thing maybe getting a new AD. But in reality the school would benefit greatly if they do finally build a new school. But that aint gonna happen cause it keeps getting pushed back.

Good luck Anderson and look forward to hearing of your success in the future.

Is this really your answer to JC's problems. man Im gland your not in charge. Is it that you just cant come up with anything that may help other than what has happened? What is your logical answer?

My Logical Answer is. Intill everyone in Jefferson County can get behind this football program there will be no great seasons. Intill the parnets get behind all the football player there will not be any team chemistry. You cannot go home and talk about the other kids or put down the coaches, because your kid is not playing. Intill you fans quit sitting in the stands and questioning every move a coach make, and say things like why is that kid playing he sucks. All these things are the reason jeff county football has fell the way it has. Everyboby is so worried about everybody else, and complaining instead of pushing your kid to be the best and win a starting job. To end THANKS COACH ANDERSON FOR ALL THE EFFORT YOU GAVE AND THE TIME YOU TOOK FROM YOUR FAMILY, and may god help the next coach to turn it around.

My Logical Answer is. Intill everyone in Jefferson County can get behind this football program there will be no great seasons. Intill the parnets get behind all the football player there will not be any team chemistry. You cannot go home and talk about the other kids or put down the coaches, because your kid is not playing. Intill you fans quit sitting in the stands and questioning every move a coach make, and say things like why is that kid playing he sucks. All these things are the reason jeff county football has fell the way it has. Everyboby is so worried about everybody else, and complaining instead of pushing your kid to be the best and win a starting job. To end THANKS COACH ANDERSON FOR ALL THE EFFORT YOU GAVE AND THE TIME YOU TOOK FROM YOUR FAMILY, and may god help the next coach to turn it around.

I see your point but all programs have this problem. Unless you are winning state each year, someone is questioning the coaches. Heck, Ive said this b-4, Db is questioning their coach for getting beat by beardon and they went 11-1 last year. It is worse at some places but it will always be bad at places that have tradition. 5-5 or 6-4 will never fly at places like SC, JC, oak ridge, DB, faragut, ect. these programs expect more. I supported the last coach and think he did a good job improving the program but someone, who I dont know, thought it was time to make a change. I have to support this decision as I did when they gave Anderson the job. I now turn my attention to looking forward as I dont want to get hit head on looking back. Has anyone got any rumors as to who may be the new head coach. I cant help but think they have someone in mind given how this transpired??????

I see your point but all programs have this problem. Unless you are winning state each year, someone is questioning the coaches. Heck, Ive said this b-4, Db is questioning their coach for getting beat by beardon and they went 11-1 last year. It is worse at some places but it will always be bad at places that have tradition. 5-5 or 6-4 will never fly at places like SC, JC, oak ridge, DB, faragut, ect. these programs expect more. I supported the last coach and think he did a good job improving the program but someone, who I dont know, thought it was time to make a change. I have to support this decision as I did when they gave Anderson the job. I now turn my attention to looking forward as I dont want to get hit head on looking back. Has anyone got any rumors as to who may be the new head coach. I cant help but think they have someone in mind given how this transpired??????

I'm hearing Joe Case from West Greene.