my AAA top ten in state

90warrior

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with this poll is I don't think you have seen the team play. Ooltewah may be good in Chattanooga but the quality of basketball isn't that good there. They have some size but can't really shoot the basketball. The like to dribble drive but that playing inferior teams. They lack guard play and a perimeter game. Siegel is good not great. There post player doesnt have any stamina. He is foul prone. Im trying to remember if the gaurds could shoot. The McDonald kid is too small and cant really shoot very well and cant see out of the traps. Gaurd play will get them killed if they make it to the state. They are very athletic and would beat Oolteway easily in the substate again if they had to play each other again. Independence plays in a weak district. They probaly wont get out of the region. Not very athletic and slow. Team speed with get them killed. Cant play above the rim. Transition basketball will kill them. Riverdale will probaly finish 3rd in the district or 4th. I dont get to see many Knoxville teams. Ive seen a lot kids from there but I dont know which schools they play for. The top teams are in Memphis. All the talent over the summer was from Memphis and Knoxville. Nashville doesnt have much size. Clarksville is going to be down. Chattanooga all the talent is in AA with Brainerd, Howard, Tyner and Red Bank. Which I dont think Ootlewah could beat.

your wrong about ooltewah my friend. jervon johnson is averaging about 30 a game and can shoot the lights out of it. i personly seen him hit 6 three's the other night with little effort. yes, memphis teams are always more athletic but they tend to not play much defense.

No defense or not you are gonna have to go through two of them most years to win the whole thing. Memphis teams are waaaaaaaay better than anyone else. Bearden may be next after the memphis teams. Im sure Johnson is a nice player but it is way early dude.

Edited by BigPoppa

if u really think indy would come with in 10 points of whitestation central melrose southwind bearden dyer co or science hill u drunk the kool aid but by all means support your team

Not only do I think Indy could stick with those teams I believe that they could beat them. We have great talent and even better coaching. This is moore's 2nd year and the players are really buying into what he is teaching. We have a great offense that has not been shut down yet. It does not rely on one or two players either, we have multiple people we can get the ball and get to the goal. On the other side of the ball we play extremely hard and are though to score on. Are big guy is and allstar football player and brings that toughness to the floor.

Memphis teams don't play defense? Don't be a moron, the defenses from Memphis are always top notch and most of the presses can't be broken by Middle and East TN teams, White Station, Melrose, Raleigh Egypt, and Ridgeway have all proven that the past few years.

Defense he is talking about is probably dealing with the half court situation. Few teams have trouble with the press if they make it to the glass house.

once and for all flaming eagle youll would not beat any of the top teams in memphis probly would have trouble with second teir teams whitestation lost to findlay prep by only 5 if you'll played findlay prep it would be over by the end of the first quarter melrose lost to oakhill by 21 and that was only because oakhill was much deeper and did not pull away tell with about 3 minutes left in the game if you'll played oakhill it would not be pretty i think bearden and science hill have best chance of stoping a memphis team from winning state because they have the size and guard play to match up wit them

Well Dragonmaster, the teams have struggled enough with the press and half court defense when facing Memphis teams, and Memphis basketball is a whole 'nother beast flaming eagle. Bearden, Dyer County, and Science Hill are the only teams I could see realistically beating any of the big 4( Southwind, Melrose, White Station, Central)