SP vs JB for the Gold

powerp

I have been to ever game except the grace Academy game. I really believe because the pirates record reflect two losses folks are underestimating this team. One could say that might be a good thing. Well honstly they took a beat down from not only a very/ good/ big and deep Polk but one that went neck and neck with CAK and almost came away with the w. South Pitt self destructed and learned some valuable lessons that night. I honestly think there was serious growing up done that night . Sometimes that is what a good whooping does for ya! I mean they took them boys to the woodshed. Now everyone know the story on the Signal MTN game- the score and where Signal will be Saturday speaks for itself! What a battle?

Serious question for JB Poster/Fans

I have reviewed JB's schedule and the win loss results of the teams they played. While i admit i couldn't say if any of those was or was not good teams it seemed most lost almost every game. I also noticed the teams that JB played I think (I may be mistaken) PC played and WC played in regular season. looked like PC was actually beat by one of those teams. My question is - besides the playoffs who would JB fans say was the two most difficult games for JB in regular season? Also who was JB's most difficult one game in the

Playoffs and why do you think they struggled more in these three games?

Jo Byrns did not have a very tough schedule during the regular season. Hardest two games were Clarksville Academy (6-5) and Nashville Christian (9-3). With that said WC and PC used that argument to claim their victories ahead of time and that bit them in the butt. JB's playoff path was very tough playing three really tough games. The PC game was just an example of JB playing their best. If thats what SP gets this week then it will be a great ball game.

My point was OP wants the underdog role...for the reasons I mentioned. OP says it's based on facts...

OK....I guess everyone is saying what makes them feel better...going into the game as underdog suits some and going in thumping their chest suits others. I think it can go either way and will come down to which team is less nervious and more focused or to say it another way, the team that acts, more than the other team, like they have been there before and can handle the pressure, because this game could be decided by turn overs and converting critical 3rd downs.

Have you ever talked to coach Baxter....That is the mentality he has....So I have that same mind set...whoop the man in front of you and show you who is boss!Now I am not saying SP has to do it every play to win...If they did every play I would like their chances alot...Do it the majority and we win that is my point. It is you OP who needs to learn something...I learned from the True living legend :thumb:

Powerp i admire your enthusiasm for the Pirates but.... you truely are a legend in your own mind. Strategically you are right but you are very presumptuos. Im saying this now. Power teams in 1A at this level hold the advantage. That style of play frustrates the more talented teams. It styfuls how they are used to playing. Power teams whip you up front and in the 4th qtr take the game over. These JB boys are uccustomed to immposing thier will. They will do the same this Friday. Last year Sp had more talent and speed than my Tornados. But those boys didnt belive for one second that SP could beat them over 4 qrts. Niether does JB. SP will be sucessful but as JB keeps them off the field and crams that football down thier throats the 4th qtr belongs to them. Thats what power teams play for ....the last 12 minutes. They have and advantage that we didnt last year they can throw it too.

Thats right, my name is Roy and Traintracks you are simply Traintracks. <_< I am still mad at you Traintracks. I bought you a extra Thermos Friday night with some hot cocoa in it to mix with your whiskey and you did not even show up. What kind of mess is that? Are you going to ride Griders greyhound to the game Friday? It will be hard for you to bring your whiskey onto Griders greyhound. If he catches you he will eject you off. You think im joking but im not.

Come on now Roy!! I told u I might not make it to the game...I'm sorry if u had to drink all that Hot Cocoa but I'm sure u found someone to read to in my absence haha...Roy this week I will bring a little something to "Inject" into that thermos so we can both be warm for the game ;) Make sure u bring the fudgerounds too!

Obviously this video is tilted in NCS's favor, but what you can take from that video is this. Watch everytime #1 and #34 touch the ball. In every single shot it takes MULTIPLE people to take them down. Not once do you see the first guy take him down without help. That is something that you can't prepare for boys!!!!!!

Powerp i admire your enthusiasm for the Pirates but.... you truely are a legend in your own mind. Strategically you are right but you are very presumptuos. Im saying this now. Power teams in 1A at this level hold the advantage. That style of play frustrates the more talented teams. It styfuls how they are used to playing. Power teams whip you up front and in the 4th qtr take the game over. These JB boys are uccustomed to immposing thier will. They will do the same this Friday. Last year Sp had more talent and speed than my Tornados. But those boys didnt belive for one second that SP could beat them over 4 qrts. Niether does JB. SP will be sucessful but as JB keeps them off the field and crams that football down thier throats the 4th qtr belongs to them. Thats what power teams play for ....the last 12 minutes. They have and advantage that we didnt last year they can throw it too.

This years team is more successful at stopping power teams...We held our own for a half against Polk and shut Gville down...U my friend are in for a rude awakening...This isn't 2009 and in case u don't know we have incorporated a little power into our arenal when needed as welll depending on what defensive look we are getting...Go get some popcorn cause it's gonna be a show....

Btw you guys won but u talk like we didn't have plenty of chances to take the Gold home...A missed field goal and a dropped TD is the only reason we didn't even while getting pounded for 3,4 yards a whack

Edited by TrainTracks99

Obviously this video is tilted in NCS's favor, but what you can take from that video is this. Watch everytime #1 and #34 touch the ball. In every single shot it takes MULTIPLE people to take them down. Not once do you see the first guy take him down without help. That is something that you can't prepare for boys!!!!!!

Unless you have played teams like Grundy, jasper, Signal, Polk, Boyd, Moore and Gordonsville. They all come right at ya!

I guess it doesn't matter but since the facts are JBS is #1 & 13-0 and we are #2 & 11-2 and we are playing a neutral field... JBS is definitely the favorite. What facts would make SP the favorite?

:lol: I said it before, there is no favorite...that #1 beside JB doesn't carry a lot of weight when you consider where it came from. The two losses SP has came from two REALLY good teams in higher classifications.

Their history and the fact that they have played a way tougher schedule.

Gonna have to do better than that!

JBS fans are saying they played a tougher playoff schedule (which is true) and we actually only played a few tough teams. History is nice but doesn't mean squat as far as what these 2 teams will do. JB's history over the last 4 years is pretty stout if it did matter. Before then all these kids were in Jr High