Greeneville vs. Trezevant

sportsfan93

Could somebody read this and explain to me exactly what point Doug Fritz is attempting to make?

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/article.php?ID=83952

Yeah, Fritz opened up can of worms than didn't need to be. Maryville and Alcoa haved proved themselves. They are probably the closest teams to "East" TN with dominance. Greeneville might be in their league this year, but we will never know so no need to go there.

Dumb move!

next year dylan lobrillo will be taking either william carmichaels spot at QB or bj spradlins spot at RB! He is a transfer from WV and last year as a soph. he had almost 4,000 all-purpose yards. He missed his junior year here at greeneville because of transferring too late. We have BIG expectations from this young man! see ya next year Alcoa. GO DEVILS!!!

How could he play baseball last year then? Not trying to start anything, it jus confused me. Is he that good of an athlete? The backup know looks really tough!

Yeah, Fritz opened up can of worms than didn't need to be. Maryville and Alcoa haved proved themselves. They are probably the closest teams to "East" TN with dominance. Greeneville might be in their league this year, but we will never know so no need to go there.

Dumb move!

I had a hard time understanding where he was going with the Alcoa/elizabethton thing and why he thought it was relevant.

I had a hard time understanding where he was going with the Alcoa/elizabethton thing and why he thought it was relevant.

I also have a hard time understanding why the Alcoa boys can't read an entire thread before throwing their arrogance into the pot. Yes, by this point in the season (since you have intruded in every thread), we know you have at least 122 state/national/BCS championships. (JK) But, we disagreed with a guy comparing us to your team (and Maryville) in a local newspaper.

We don't have the number of gold balls you have, but this is our best shot at getting one. We are proud and we are excited.

BTW, you are closest to East Tn. and since we are a different division will probably be pulling for you! Maybe!

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/article.php?ID=83952

This all started because me and bud thought this guy was a moron. I'm sure you Tornado fans would agree

I tend to agree with that statement. Wasn't he the guy who voted Elizabethton #1 in the AP polls every week last year? Also what is his definition of a true statewide playoff system? Did he mean that it wasn't a true statewide playoff system until they started allowing all of the 6-4 and 5-5 teams to play? Elizabethton, Mo' East and Tennessee all won state titles by playing the game on the field in a, you guessed it, statewide playoff system. He surely didn't mean it geographically unless he's ignorant of football history in the state, the state borders, or both. Mo'East beat a Memphis team to win it, but I guess the state line extended all the way to Little Rock way back then. :rolleyes: I mention those accomplishments because it is a rarity for NET teams to even make it to the state championship game much less win one. Since '72 only three NET teams have made state championship appearances in football. Cloudland in '01, Mo' West (if you count them as NET) in '03, and Greeneville in '09. Zero came away with a win and two of those games were lopsided.

Anyway, good luck Devils against Trezevant. Hopefully you can win the Gold Ball.

Edited by THSVikings2004

First,I hope to see Greeneville win and bring a gold ball back to NET.I don't care if it is a one point win.Second,Doug Fritz proves that you don't have to get the facts straight to write for the press.From NET alone,Elizabethton won it in 1939 in a real one year state playoff and they were the only champion in the state,Morristown East in the late 1960's and TH in the early 1970's twice when both teams won the 3A state title and that being the highest class of the time.How can anyone in their right mind compare any team to Alcoa and Maryville over the last several years,much less a team that might win it's very first championship.Last year was special for Greeneville and this year they just need to finish the job.Third,the Knoxville area would be considered east Tennessee.That's Maryville ,Alcoa,AE,Fulton and all those great Oak Ridge teams that won state and got A national title{58}.If Greeneville wins this week,it will be the first time in a long time{since the national title team from TH} that a team from David Crockett's birth area{Greene county}and the far north east Tennessee corner has brought it home.NET needs it almost as much as Greeneville wants it.

Edited by BatmanDB

First,I hope to see Greeneville win and bring a gold ball back to NET.I don't care if it is a one point win.Second,Doug Fritz proves that you don't have to get the facts straight to write for the press.From NET alone,Elizabethton won it in 1939 in a real one year state playoff and they were the only champion in the state,Morristown East in the late 1960's and TH in the early 1970's twice when both teams won the 3A state title and that being the highest class of the time.How can anyone in their right mind compare any team to Alcoa and Maryville over the last several years,much less a team that might win it's very first championship.Last year was special for Greeneville and this year they just need to finish the job.Third,the Knoxville area would be considered east Tennessee.That's Maryville ,Alcoa,AE,Fulton and all those great Oak Ridge teams that won state and got A national title{58}.If Greeneville wins this week,it will be the first time in a long time{since the national title team from TH} that a team from David Crockett's birth area{Greene county}and the far north east Tennessee corner has brought it home.NET needs it almost as much as Greeneville wants it.

I appreciate all the well wishes from the Big 8, but when we bring back the gold, there will be DB fans on here jawin' about how we ain't played nobody and DB would beat us....