Signal Mountain vs. Trinity Christian Academy

MountainTroll

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Signal Mountain
    • Trinity Christian Academy

Be careful in saying that. Some may wonder why a team who wants to "be the best by playing the best" would play 3A during the regular season and 4A come playoff time.

Come on 3A and 4A teams are in the same district during the season and we have to play any 3A team in our district just like we had to play 1A teams this year.

First off, Congratulations to Signal Mountain. Ya'll were the best team in 2A this year. Good luck in 4A next year... I noticed Greeneville had about 80 players dressed out compared to TCA's 30 (of which some are 8th graders that the coaches allow to dress out after the middle school season is over). You really had a good team... you have succes and it came quick enjoy that because it doesnt happen often. You beat some good teams to get that gold ball and deserve it. Your coaches made some great adjustments in the game... i.e. exploiting the size of TCA and running it right at them and then man pressing our receivers so they would have to so work so hard to run their routes which became another reason they became so tired. TCA doesnt have the luxury of sending other people in when one person is tired. Many times throughout the season the coaches had to take a timeout just to let people rest. People are saying that it shouldnt matter if people go both way, which might be true for one or two, not for 10 guys that go both way and have no way to get a break. Also, going both ways on the line is much different.

As for #17, his name is Joseph Coley. I was sitting with his family when he got hit. Yes, it was a frightening thing and think about his parents as you see your boy motionless on the field. Thanks for the prayers, I know the family appreciates that. He had a mild concussion. They had to hide the boys helmet because he wanted to go back in so bad. Something that most of you did not see was after they hid his helmet from him, he picked up the water and made sure every player on the field had water anytime they could get it... now talk about a kid willing to do anything for his team!!! We lost on the scoreboard but its things like this that make them winners in my heart.

As for Jabriel, I dont understand how you can have a great team and a great win and then get on here and bash a 17 year old kid. Listen the kid was playing with a bum ankle and a bum shoulder(which he has been waiting on the season to end to have surgery on). Both of these injuries would keep a lot of kids out. The kid plays every snap... do you think you would get tired?? As far his quickness and speed... take a look at the first Signal pass play... he tracked the guy down and then if you still dont believe watch TCAs second play from scrimmage where he ran it in for their first touchdown, he made a couple of moves to get in the endzone that normal players would have had about a 3-4 yard gain. As far as being burned, one of those for sure he was trying to chase down from the backside. As far as him not being the enforcer, hes a free safety, that is not his job, although he did have several tackles in the running game. I just dont understand why is there so much hate on a 17 year old kid... Oh I know why, he signed a major college scholarship and you didnt. The first thing any college would do for this kid (and I say any college because anybody that is somebody offered him a ride to school) is put weight on him. Please dont get on here and take away from this kid when you know nothing about him.

TCA... congratulations on a great season. You have taken us where we have never been. You represented all the players that wore the jersey before you and your school well. Every team you played this year had more players and students than you did, but you did not let that stop you. Every team was "bigger, stronger, and faster", but you didnt let that stop you in the playoffs. I wish I could change the outcome for you and have you hold the gold ball because of your heart and determination. There is something special about you guys and this team. You have absolutely no reason to hang your heads, you made the TCA family proud.

TCA coaches... you also did an outstanding job. You got more out of these guys than ever expected. They rallied around you!! Losing 2 of the first 3 games against your biggest rivals always make you question yourself, but you guys found a way to get those kids to play with more than they have. I dont care what anyone says I appreciate you guys!!

Again, congratulations to both teams. Signal Mountain you had a great team, I think I would have had a lot of fun watching you if you werent playing us. TCA be proud, you made it farther than you should have and now have a lot to hang your hat on.

First off, Congratulations to Signal Mountain. Ya'll were the best team in 2A this year. Good luck in 4A next year... I noticed Greeneville had about 80 players dressed out compared to TCA's 30 (of which some are 8th graders that the coaches allow to dress out after the middle school season is over). You really had a good team... you have succes and it came quick enjoy that because it doesnt happen often. You beat some good teams to get that gold ball and deserve it. Your coaches made some great adjustments in the game... i.e. exploiting the size of TCA and running it right at them and then man pressing our receivers so they would have to so work so hard to run their routes which became another reason they became so tired. TCA doesnt have the luxury of sending other people in when one person is tired. Many times throughout the season the coaches had to take a timeout just to let people rest. People are saying that it shouldnt matter if people go both way, which might be true for one or two, not for 10 guys that go both way and have no way to get a break. Also, going both ways on the line is much different.

As for #17, his name is Joseph Coley. I was sitting with his family when he got hit. Yes, it was a frightening thing and think about his parents as you see your boy motionless on the field. Thanks for the prayers, I know the family appreciates that. He had a mild concussion. They had to hide the boys helmet because he wanted to go back in so bad. Something that most of you did not see was after they hid his helmet from him, he picked up the water and made sure every player on the field had water anytime they could get it... now talk about a kid willing to do anything for his team!!! We lost on the scoreboard but its things like this that make them winners in my heart.

As for Jabriel, I dont understand how you can have a great team and a great win and then get on here and bash a 17 year old kid. Listen the kid was playing with a bum ankle and a bum shoulder(which he has been waiting on the season to end to have surgery on). Both of these injuries would keep a lot of kids out. The kid plays every snap... do you think you would get tired?? As far his quickness and speed... take a look at the first Signal pass play... he tracked the guy down and then if you still dont believe watch TCAs second play from scrimmage where he ran it in for their first touchdown, he made a couple of moves to get in the endzone that normal players would have had about a 3-4 yard gain. As far as being burned, one of those for sure he was trying to chase down from the backside. As far as him not being the enforcer, hes a free safety, that is not his job, although he did have several tackles in the running game. I just dont understand why is there so much hate on a 17 year old kid... Oh I know why, he signed a major college scholarship and you didnt. The first thing any college would do for this kid (and I say any college because anybody that is somebody offered him a ride to school) is put weight on him. Please dont get on here and take away from this kid when you know nothing about him.

TCA... congratulations on a great season. You have taken us where we have never been. You represented all the players that wore the jersey before you and your school well. Every team you played this year had more players and students than you did, but you did not let that stop you. Every team was "bigger, stronger, and faster", but you didnt let that stop you in the playoffs. I wish I could change the outcome for you and have you hold the gold ball because of your heart and determination. There is something special about you guys and this team. You have absolutely no reason to hang your heads, you made the TCA family proud.

TCA coaches... you also did an outstanding job. You got more out of these guys than ever expected. They rallied around you!! Losing 2 of the first 3 games against your biggest rivals always make you question yourself, but you guys found a way to get those kids to play with more than they have. I dont care what anyone says I appreciate you guys!!

Again, congratulations to both teams. Signal Mountain you had a great team, I think I would have had a lot of fun watching you if you werent playing us. TCA be proud, you made it farther than you should have and now have a lot to hang your hat on.

Good post. TCA's story is inspirational. Whether Washington ever plays a down at Alabama, I'm sure he'll represent Trinity well. His performance Saturday was inspiring.