Signal Mountain vs. Trinity Christian Academy

MountainTroll

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Signal Mountain
    • Trinity Christian Academy

well i watched parts of the game on tv and washington didnt impress me with his play in this game. his play at qb was not impressive he made some good throws but also several bad ones his running ability was not overly impressive either. his play in the secondary was lacking in run support he didnt appear as if he wanted to come up and really be an enforcer he was also burnt a couple of times deep by will queen and our rbs were running away from him in the open field. and dont make excuses that he plays both ways he plays qb which wasnt really exhausting i watch hale from sp play both ways and he never slowed down a bit. also washingtons attitude at the end of the game was dissapointing he was walking around and had given up on any chance of winning

Instead of taking pride in the fact that your team just won a state championship, you choose to attack a player from the other team.

I really hope that all fans of Signal Mountain are not like you.

Edited by ReitzFan

I saw the same thing you did regarding the Washington kid, in fact I posted something similar several pages ago in this thread. I'm sorry but I just don't see SEC potential out of him for many different reasons.

Apparantly you are a better judge of talent than Nick Saben. Which SEC team do you coach now?

LOL, another group bashing Jabriel. Honestly, I think you guys expect too much out of him. I think you guys expect him to have wings and fly through the air. Get this....If I'm not mistaken, Nick Saban coaches corners down at 'Bama. Guess what? Jabriel was recruited by Nick Saban to play corner for him at Alabama.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jabriel-Washington-82692

Check that out. Scroll down to the schools that made Jabriel Washington offers. EVERY powerhouse team in the country offered Jabriel Washington a scholarship. USC, Notre Dame, Alabama, Ohio St., Nebraska, LSU, Auburn, Florida St., LSU etc.... the list goes on. Jabriel is a legit D1 player whether you people think so or not. You see him one game and degrade what he did wrong. I bet you failed to look at the things he did right, huh?

Gotta love ignorant comments from ignorant people. Accusing TCA of being unsportsmanlike, then not even backing it up with specifics from the game. Real nice to make factless comments.

You mention that if McKenzie would have taken care of business t hat they would have been there in Cookville. I have a news flash for you......they did not get the job done in that game, TCA did. TCA earned the right to play in the title game.

Finally you finish your foolishness by accusing TCA of recruiting. Yet another IGNORANT comment. As Washington has been at TCA since the 1st or 2nd grade, your claim of recruiting has NO BASIS IN FACT. And if TCA were recruiting, don't you think that they would recruit more than 30 players and find some with real size and speed?

metman, your comments really just show foolishness.

And congratulations to Signal Mountain. You are a well coached team with a multitude of great players.

I don't know what he saw, but I thought TCA and SM behaved pretty appropriately in such a big game. Specifics I did see was #10 double ramming #6's helmet in the ground on the sideline after the whistle and #26 taking a late cheap shot on #58 in the last minute of the game. JB showed a little frustration with a thrown shoulder, and unfortunately got flagged for it. Other than that, I didn't see or hear alot. I'm sure there were things that went the other way too, but I didn't see it. Hey, at least the chicken made it out in one piece!! :)

Congratulations to TCA on a great season and result!

Can somebody give us an update on #17 please?

Edited by smeagleproud

Instead of taking pride in the fact that your team just won a state championship, you choose to attack a player from the other team.

Don't believe the intent is to "attack" Jabriel. They's just analyzin' the game. What wuz said is true. But..............

I'z seen lots of this young man. What some don't realize is that his performance Saturday is purely a reflection of the fact that Signal had the skill to shut him down. That don't demean or disrespect his skill. He played hard in the secondary until about the end of the 3rd quarter. He wuz already battered at that point. I told the Hermit, I don't blame him for pullin' back some once the Fat Lady sang, and that wuz early in the 3rd. He's got too bright a future in college to risk a potential career ending injury in his final high school game.

im sick of everyone still complaining about signal. we started out sluggish, but then we went back to the wing T and then went on a 49-7 run. were easily the best team in the state. a state championship after 2 varsity seasons. i wish people would respect that and talk about next year later. give signal some glory and respect for once please

Sm is not the best team in the state dude. AA yes but certainly not the STATE.

How's yer fellers doing? #17 goin' down wuz a fright. They wuz a lot of prayers went up from that stadium real quick. I'z headed down when he finally started movin'. I'z afraid for a neck injury, but assume a concussion. Thought I saw Joey take a couple of hard licks, too. I know the McKenzie game was a tough one too. Don't need or want no details. I'll assume the boys are okay, unless some says otherwise.

Heck of a battle.:thumb:

i wasnt attacking him im just saying that his performance in the game wasnt really what i had expected and i think that statement will be backed up by alot of people.

Edited by eaglepride55

Apparantly you are a better judge of talent than Nick Saben. Which SEC team do you coach now?

If you had read my previous post in this thread you would have seen that I said "What do I know, he was recruited by every SEC school and several major college programs".

I'm just saying... I've seen a lot of SEC and major college DBs over the years and the Washington kid is going to have to gain a ton of weight because he looks to be about 155-160 lbs. He is also going to have to get a lot stronger and learn how to hit and be aggressive. Obviously Saban and all of those other schools saw something in him that they like so good luck to him at Alabama. My opinion is that he is 3 years from seeing the field there. Maybe after a redshirt year and 3 years in the weight room he'll play some as junior.

Fact: Signal Mtn is best 4a team in 2a :roflol:

No, Signal Mountian IS the BEST team in 2A for 2010.

While I am no fan of some of their fans posts on this board, there is no doubt that they are the best in 2A. Not sure about 4A football in that part of the state, but judging from what I saw Saturday, Signal Mountain will be able to compete when they move up next year.