Signal Mountain vs. Trinity Christian Academy

MountainTroll

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Signal Mountain
    • Trinity Christian Academy

Signal is great. But not for a 4a team. And I mean that. It would be a really good idea for signal to stick around and watch what's coming

Greeneville is good but the West TN team isn't much to look at. We will enjoy today and then start focusing on next season.

Edited by smeagle1

You got our worst effort in the 1st Qtr but we finally showed up and played like we have all year. We will have fun playing in 4A next year which isn't our classification. .

so yall are gonna make it 2 years in a row in the wrong classification? roflolk.gif

congrats signal. it was nice meeting all of you guys and some of your coaches friday. seven and i really enjoyed talking with all of you, even the one in the london fog jacket that kept complaining about the cold and wanting to talk about basketball.roflolk.gifroflolk.gif

Congrats to Signal Mountain! A great run through the playoffs with big wins over TC and FC, today's blowout was explanation point on a great season. That win back in September over SP was another big part of your overall season resume.

BTW, all you guys complaining about classification need to give it a rest. I don't remember any Pirate fans crying about their 1A team going up against our 4A Pounders. It's 11 on 11 fellas. Well today looked more like 11 on 3. Congrats again on the big win and state championship!

Well I must admit I was nervous in the 1st qtr but Signal finally woke up.

I really didn't think TCA was a 1 man O show. I've never seen an O with no backs in the backfield other than a qb. I expected something like SP - a good team with an outstanding player who played both sides. Whoever said stop Washington and you win was right. Put some pressure on #1 with some decent coverage and you put an end to TCA scoring. I've never seen a 1 man O. Not sure how they got this far. I mean he is good but not Hale good. In fact if I was the AL recruiter, I'd be scouting for a replacement. Sure looked like he quit on the team when the game was winding down but still time left. Maybe that was frustration and pain. I noticed his ankle taped up pretty heavily after 1/2 time. Also noticed that he was not happy with some of the play calling. And speaking of that - what's up with set, get play, reset and snap? NEVER seen that before either. Like baseball/football hybrid. Odd. Very odd.

Signal let the 6-headed monster out of the closet this season. Each back had their game that got us here. Donnie was the man tonight - a man that wouldn't be denied and couldn't be stopped. Donnie earned his MVP honors.

How's that over-rated D6 looking now W TN? How many gold balls are heading west? Oh and to counter your sour grapes - saying you didn't play your best and we weren't the best you saw - you weren't the best team we faced this year. SP and TC were by far the best we saw and FC gave us our biggest scare. You gave us the best 1st qtr but there are 4 qtrs in football. If you can't bring your 4 qtr "A" game to the Championship game - you should just stay home. But don't feel too bad - you seem to be quite the texters. That talent paid you a nice grand.

Edited by ArtVandolay

Troll just got back to the hotel. Had to take down all my stuff afore Mother Nature took it down for me. Winds howlin' now. Smyrna / Maryville will be brutal cold. Think me and the Hermit is gonna sit in this warm room and watch it on TV. Lots of food and two-carbons to consume afore this nights over. Heck of a game Eagles.

TCA competed tough and should be proud. Wuz able to do what you do for a little while, and it wuz impressive to watch. Hope #17 and #1 is okay. Troll's proud of how all yer fellers battled to the very end. Knew you wuz a classy team. Congratulations of a fine season.:thumb:

You know I forgot all about how Signal last year struggled so much against a mobile qb...Terrel Robinson and Jabriel Washington look very similar..Terrel blew them up last year Jabriel is doing the same now..Both great athletes...Signal will be in a dogfight

Your amazing PowerP. What a memory! I forgot all about that also. Man you are right. You Post-War era guy. They are in for a dog fight. You think im joking but im not.

PeePee and NoComp, I'z ashamed of you fellers fer doubtin'. In all honesty, Troll wuz'n ever concerned. Always figgered Jabriel and Joey and the boys would get away or over the top for 2-3 TD's. But I knew they couldn't stop our offense once we started doin' what we do. I said all along that we could stand around playin' pocket pool fer a quarter or two and still win big.:roflol: The boys finally started executing toward the end of the 2nd qtr. Wish we had played 4 full qtrs like SP did yesterday. By the way, Terrell wuz a lot quicker and stronger than Jabriel. Believe he had a few other fellers helpin' him out too.:roflolk:

These TCA boys can fool ya. They dont look all that impressive as far as size goes but they are well caoched and very sound fudamentally. They just play sound footabll. You can pound em grind on em beat em up but they find a way to score and beat you. They Beat UC last year and this year and we are very physical. I must say Im surprised that they have been able to do what they have done. I thought McKenzie would be in this game. Look out Jabrieal is saving his stuff for the 2nd half. He can take over and burn you. Come on TCA finish this thang.

Great coaching and sound fundimental execution is what got y'all to the finals. Great job.

Ya kind blew it on the second two ther, Swo. Them fellers of yours took a physical arse whuppin'. Proud of how they kept pullin' theyselves up and fought to the end. Sorry, but Jabriel was gassed. When Will Queen, I think it wuz, outrun him for a TD late in the first half, I knew it wuz over. Nothin' left in the second half and got some kind of ankle injury in the third.

I've seen two different players for Signal Mountain run away from the Washington kid for Trinity Christian. Sure he has a ton of yardage passing but he's really a non-factor on defense. Not anywhere near as fast as I thought, very small and skinny, not physical in run support and takes plays off on defense. Maybe he's not feeling well or something today but I sure don't see the hype for this kid but what do I know he was recruited by every SEC school plus many other big-time colleges.

DITTO

LOL yep you play every single down in a game, and you might get tired. He doesn't have the pleasure of playing on a 4A school that can sub players in and out. LOL!

If ya got more than a few stars, you sub 'em. If ya don't, ya don't.:roflolk:

SHOUT OUT TO #32 ZACK BOWMAN (who plays both ways). Once again, huge stops and hard hits when they counted. You's a momentum changer dude. And...halfback blocking...saw him make at least three key hits to spring a TD run.

#3 Donnie Garner (who plays both ways), you a beast.

Too much for one post. CB's gonna flame me now.

im sick of everyone still complaining about signal. we started out sluggish, but then we went back to the wing T and then went on a 49-7 run. were easily the best team in the state. a state championship after 2 varsity seasons. i wish people would respect that and talk about next year later. give signal some glory and respect for once please

im sick of everyone still complaining about signal. we started out sluggish, but then we went back to the wing T and then went on a 49-7 run. were easily the best team in the state. a state championship after 2 varsity seasons. i wish people would respect that and talk about next year later. give signal some glory and respect for once please

Dodge....ain't gonna git no respect, son. respect.gif

Don't sweat the small stuff. Signal Mountain Eagles is 2010 2a State Champions fer a reason. Don't matter who is willing to acknowledge the sacrifice, determination, and skill required of a Champion. People who know...well, they know. And...people who don't... well, they don't. dude.gif