6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

Then lets talk about how great Symrna is, how overrated Maryville. Im gonna just let you know Maryville has dealt with teams like yall before. Overconfident, just because yall play teams that run it right at yall. Ill give to ya yall know how to fight back. Half the time yall have been down in yalls games. Dont count out the rednecks yet. We know how to play football, just as well as yall. Yall, have a great backs that yall count on, great. We have a great team. One or two players are not going to beat Maryville, they have been down that road before. We might as well not show up, cuz Nashville football is greater than mountain football.

lmao love this post... dont count dem rebel boys out! oh yeah, there white , they cant play no dadgum ball! just a bunch of slow whiteboys down nair in murville lol jk guys! just being silly... i think smyrna may be surpised at what them whiteboys at maryville can do... i hope the best team wins honestly, but im pulling for the rebs being an oak ridge boy gotta love me some east tennessee ball!

lmao love this post... dont count dem rebel boys out! oh yeah, there white , they cant play no dadgum ball! just a bunch of slow whiteboys down nair in murville lol jk guys! just being silly... i think smyrna may be surpised at what them whiteboys at maryville can do... i hope the best team wins honestly, but im pulling for the rebs being an oak ridge boy gotta love me some east tennessee ball!

andspeaking of alcoa compared to smyrna... i really cant imagine them being a better team than alcoa, and maryville was one tackle away from winning that game... barring that tackle, which to alcoas rb maryville didnt make maryville wins that game... it is all about matchups though, so we will see...

Why is it that Maryville Fans always throw out the "Poor little us"crap??? You have won a Zillion Gold Balls, Ranked at the top of the state every year, and a great coaching staff. And from the last post---now the "Reverse Race Card"!!! Is it just that small town town chip on your shoulder or what???? Really?? I keep reading about the Big Boys stuff that was brought up LAST year about Rutherford County teams but somehow became a slam on Maryville. A year later you are still bringing that up like you get no respect????? Please!!!! It makes your great team look kinda silly.

Why is it that Maryville Fans always throw out the "Poor little us"crap??? You have won a Zillion Gold Balls, Ranked at the top of the state every year, and a great coaching staff. And from the last post---now the "Reverse Race Card"!!! Is it just that small town town chip on your shoulder or what???? Really?? I keep reading about the Big Boys stuff that was brought up LAST year about Rutherford County teams but somehow became a slam on Maryville. A year later you are still bringing that up like you get no respect????? Please!!!! It makes your great team look kinda silly.

sorry to get anything started, but fyi i am an oak ridge fan, and as you can see in the post i said i was just being silly, so calm your horses big fella!!! everything is under control, i promise...RELAX, deep breaths!

I been away from the computer a few days but I am getting real excited to watch the MHS vs. SHS 6A state championship.

Looking at many of the posts it seems some want to turn the thread into an Alcoa vs. the world thing or my coach is better than your coach discussion. The Alcoa vs. GP game must look boring to them like it does to me. The T$$AA should go ahead and engrave Alcoa’s name on the ball now to save time.

This thread is about Maryville and Smyrna, two very good football teams. Maybe the two best in the state right now, who really knows? Both teams have been challenged during the play-offs and have endured to be in the 6A game. Smyrna won a tough one to get to the game where Maryville “Just got by†(Oakridge) as one of the local fish wraps printed this week. The game could have been closer but you can’t turn the ball over vs. a good team and survive too many times.

I know Smyrna has two outstanding offensive players Maryville will have to keep in check, quarterback Steve Wilson and running back Jeremiah Bryson. Smyrna passes well and runs well, so they are not one sided. But if they turn the ball over in INT's like they did in the qtr finals it will hurt them vs. Maryville. They will also have to score some points because Maryville will. If Maryville keeps RB Bryson & Thompson inside and forces Wilson to put the ball in the air more than 25 times MHS will win the game.

IMHO the MHS Defense at this time of the season is as good as Smyrna's is so I expect a game score of 34-20, Maryville!

lets just take smyrna out of the championship game and let Coach Rankins team play merryville, since thats what everyone on the east coast seems to want. Lets stick to shs / mhs stuff on here people. Dont the alcoa people have their own thread. Or is it just so boring that you have to post on everyone on the website. Oh thats right you have already won the 2010 Championship so you don't have anything to talk about.

Can't wait til Saturday.

Wasn't it the Blackman AND Smyrna posters talking about the winner of that game was State Champions??? I'm confused ???? Isn't that the 8th best region in the world. THE IRONY... Well we will see come Saturday. Take it to em RED REBELS! :popcorneater:

Edited by DSM10

Then lets talk about how great Symrna is, how overrated Maryville. Im gonna just let you know Maryville has dealt with teams like yall before. Overconfident, just because yall play teams that run it right at yall. Ill give to ya yall know how to fight back. Half the time yall have been down in yalls games. Dont count out the rednecks yet. We know how to play football, just as well as yall. Yall, have a great backs that yall count on, great. We have a great team. One or two players are not going to beat Maryville, they have been down that road before. We might as well not show up, cuz Nashville football is greater than mountain football.

One or two players? You don't get this far with one or two players. I hope that Maryville's ball coach thinks Smyrna has one or two weapons offensively. I'm not saying Maryville won't win because honestly I haven't seen them play a lick. None! Zilch! But Smyrna having one or two ball players is far from the truth.

sorry to get anything started, but fyi i am an oak ridge fan, and as you can see in the post i said i was just being silly, so calm your horses big fella!!! everything is under control, i promise...RELAX, deep breaths!

I guess you could say that Mr. Knowitall .... didn't quite Knowitall !! lol

For your info. we have been down in maybe 2 games this year at half...... If you knew anything about this smyrna team, you would know that we dont under estimate anyone especially a team who is in the state title game....... Also hardly any team could make it here with one or two guys.....kinda why they call it a team :roflol: Ill bet on our team anytime anyday because its my opinion and im entitled to it :thumb: