Baylor vs. Ensworth

reed11588

I don't see anyway they should have called that a touchdown to decide a championship. Looked like he had stepped out of bounds and again...there is no way after that they could see if he "really" scored. Bad way to end and my heart goes out to Baylor. But congrats to Ensworth. Just think it should have come down to a field goal attempt...and then maybe ot.

Glad I am not the only one who thought he was out of bounds I thought it was an INT initially. Of coourse I have the instant replay and I was right.

Any one else find it strange that the last play in each game for Ensworth resulted in controversial TDs for the win.

They clearly had the momentum in each game and time to win it anyway, but it seems strange to happen twice in back to back games and one being the Title game.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a Baylor or Ensworth fan, but appeared Baylor got screwed on the touchdown pass call. I see no way that should have been called a touchdown. It should have been either waved off or called an interception. Just the way it appeared in the replays.

I thought the receivers foot was on the line. :popcorneater:

Not a fan of either team but... games like these cant hang on a single play. Baylor had many other things go wrong to aid in this loss. Its sad to see young men who fought hard all season to lose this way. Its more sad to see young men win and get told it was not legit. Ensworth showed up defensivly and stood thier ground after being ripped time and again through out the 1st 3 quarters. Cant hang it on one play. Controversial as it may be. Congrats to Ensworth . This is a huge accomplishment for such a young program. :rolleyes:

Edited by BigSwo

I thought the receivers foot was on the line. :popcorneater:

It was an interception or no catch at all! What a call by the OC from ensworth, with no timeouts left. What if the ref makes the right call and its an INT for baylor?! Overtime! But once again the refs blew it!!!!!!!!! Officiating is getting worse - to the point of embarrassment!!

Who were the offensive and defensive MVP's? Elder and Parker?

Offensive MVP was Parker #17 for Ensworth.

Defensive MVP was Hamilton, #3 for Ensworth.

I thought that the Baylor QB should have been the offensive MVP, though both quarterbacks played well.

Edited by RedRobin

WOW! That was a great game and Baylor had every opportunity in the world to win this game. Costly penalties throughout the game. Dropped passes in key situations. Its hard to win a Championship when you have that many errors. Huesman is the real deal and their team will remember this one for a while.

Congrats to Ensworth on that great comeback. That shows alot about your team. That's what Champions are made of. Know disrespect to Baylor but Ensworth did make the plays to win.

Not a fan of either team but... games like these cant hang on a single play. Baylor had many other things go wrong to aid in this loss. Its sad to see young men who fought hard all season to lose this way. Its more sad to see young men win and get told it was not legit. Ensworth showed up defensivly and stood thier ground after being ripped time and again through out the 1st 3 quarters. Cant hang it on one play. Controversial as it may be. Congrats to Ensworth . This is a huge accomplishment for such a young program. :rolleyes:

Nothin' else to say.:thumb:

Congratulations to both teams on great seasons.

The TSSAA will be hearing about this one. From what a lot of people say, it shouldn't have even been Ensworth in the title game due to a horrible call last week, then, to decide the game like that tonight? What a joke. Someone wake these officials up and tell them its not Week 3. Let this one go into OT and see who wins, but dont call it like that. Highly frustrating. Yet, I do think Ensworth is the best team in the state, but both teams played well enough to win. Baylor should have put it away in the 3rd.

The TSSAA will be hearing about this one. From what a lot of people say, it shouldn't have even been Ensworth in the title game due to a horrible call last week, then, to decide the game like that tonight? What a joke. Someone wake these officials up and tell them its not Week 3. Let this one go into OT and see who wins, but dont call it like that. Highly frustrating. Yet, I do think Ensworth is the best team in the state, but both teams played well enough to win. Baylor should have put it away in the 3rd.

Gotta Agree with you..

His name is Paul Wade. He was the head coach at Davidson Academy last year.

And he just got his 7th state championship ring. Also has a HUGE..................ring case. The shorts are part of his game. Everyone wants to talk about how great Rankin is, CPW just won a state title at his 4th school (DCA, CPA 2x, Davidson 3x and now Ensworth) Basically, he just helped coach these guys from their RB tearing his ACL, to 0-2, to losing a top 100 player in the country, to the state title. While Ensworth does have a stable of great players, losing your starting RB and going 0-2 off the bat is no confidence builder. If I am Brentwood Academy, or one of the Memphis private schools, or a team out of Georgia with lots of $$$$, I would have to call this guy about interest in a HC position. There is nothing he hasn't done yet. He has won at every level he has coached at. He is also going to be the OL coach in the East/West game.....every coach there is a HC at the thing, but him. That tells you in itself what his peers think of him. Ask David Pack, or Ricky Bowers if the guy can coach football. Both of them hired him and are the highest paid guys in the midstate right now. The guy could coach OL or DL in college......

Congrats to Ensworth and Coach Wade for adding some more hardware. And I hope Mr. Frist and Tim McGraw are getting the Xmas bonus checks ready.