Who's the favorite next year?

jusboro

We are replacing most of our line, our 2600 yrd back/DB, our senior QB and most importantly all the senior team leaders that made this team come together and be championship caliber. The talent is there but I'll have to see if we have some leaders step up. A team without leaders won't survive our schedule as a team

I think that is one thing that sets SP apart from alot of small schools....every year leaders emerge to replace the ones that left the year before. We definitely have some holes to fill and next year will be similar to 2010....most of the season will be used to prep for the playoffs with some green boys in new positions. It should be another exciting year of Pirate football.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is one thing that sets SP apart from alot of small schools....every year leaders emerge to replace the ones that left the year before. We definitely have some holes to fill and next year will be similar to 2010....most of the season will be used to prep for the playoffs with some green boys in new positions. It should be another exciting year of Pirate football.

:thumb: Old Pirate says leadership starts long before becoming a senior. Looking back it's easy to see who the leaders in each class are, sometimes they fade or lose focus but generally coaches know goin in who they can count on and who may be called on to step up and become leaders. Sometimes that happens to youngons that are NOT seniors. Heck OP can't ritely remember, but 1 year the Pirates only had 1 senior. leadership starts out early and to be a real leader you can't wait entirely till you're a senior to exhibit those traits. Leadership=respect and that means on and off the field, in the class room and in off season conditioning. Simply put it is...........every..minute of every day........attempting to be the best you can be. Others will see the effort and respect that.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

I garuntee you that we won't be no favorite for next season if Grider don't get our boys back in the weightroom real soon. Let me ask you a question. Someone told me that the people at the tssaa made our boys take three weeks off after our season was over because our boys won the championship. This is a bunch of mess. If our boys had to take three weeks off then today will be the end of two weeks. Next Friday Grider better have our boys working out again so we will be real strong for next year. I'm afraid that these Jo Byrns boys are getting a head start on us because the tssaa did not make them take three weeks off.

i pick lake co. sleeper is team i cant stand...gleason. good qb, young speed. depends on if their line works during offseason. they were physical in the dresden game which if they can build on it,.they can surprise people. uc and huntingdon always a possible pick because of great line coaches! 1a always depends on depth. The healthiest teams at the end of the year seem to step up and there is always a few that are good early that fall apart. Injury, basketball, or desire. Still can't figure out how bruceton beat UC. Or how SF beat Lake early and then couldn't beat a Trenton. Things that make you go "hmm"

I have to admit that I am concerned about J.B. next year. They now know what our secrete weapon was. They will likely kidnap him before the game and tie him up in some location 100 miles from Cookeville. That is the Exorcist (a.k.a. Murphy Fair). Go watch the video of the game and check out his attire.

I have to admit that I am concerned about J.B. next year. They now know what our secrete weapon was. They will likely kidnap him before the game and tie him up in some location 100 miles from Cookeville. That is the Exorcist (a.k.a. Murphy Fair). Go watch the video of the game and check out his attire.

I know SP will be good next year, they always are, but it will be interesting to see just HOW good they are without Hale.

I know SP will be good next year, they always are, but it will be interesting to see just HOW good they are without Hale.

J.B. didn't do much to slow down Chubb. In fact, the 15 yard screen pass is the play he ran over Holt on. He caught the bomb over the top from Millard on the second drive to put the Pirates up 15-0. He had some other nice plays in the game as well. He will be back next year. "Little Man" Johnson didn't even factor in in this game. I think there was a misconception from folks that S.P. was a one back offense. There are a long list of tailbacks from S.P. Hale is the most recent to go on that list. There will be more. Stay tuned.

J.B. didn't do much to slow down Chubb. In fact, the 15 yard screen pass is the play he ran over Holt on. He caught the bomb over the top from Millard on the second drive to put the Pirates up 15-0. He had some other nice plays in the game as well. He will be back next year. "Little Man" Johnson didn't even factor in in this game. I think there was a misconception from folks that S.P. was a one back offense. There are a long list of tailbacks from S.P. Hale is the most recent to go on that list. There will be more. Stay tuned.

Old Pirate sees the passing game being a real threat in 2011. With the exception of Josh Wilson all recievers return and K. Garrett will fill the TE spot. Obviously the QB- J. Stone will have to answer the bell and be consistant. OP says the experienced recievers should help the QB & the running game produce good offensive stats.

Old Pirate sees the passing game being a real threat in 2011. With the exception of Josh Wilson all recievers return and K. Garrett will fill the TE spot. Obviously the QB- J. Stone will have to answer the bell and be consistant. OP says the experienced recievers should help the QB & the running game produce good offensive stats.

I'm just the opposite. I see a move back to the WingT and some gun like in 2007 and 2008. I think that will give our running game a boost and get the ball in the hands of more of the play makers more often. Coach Grider believes in run first. No inside info just my guess based on the talent we have.

Edited by zonepirate

I'm just the opposite. I see a move back to the WingT and some gun like in 2007 and 2008. I think that will give our running game a boost and get the ball in the hands of more of the play makers more often. Coach Grider believes in run first. No inside info just my guess based on the talent we have.

Old Pirate can't see the Pirates becoming 1 dimensional regardless what set they choose to run with the number of experienced recievers returning. Perhaps the 2012 team may be a tad more run oriented. Recon the Pirates will always be a run first team.

I garuntee you that we won't be no favorite for next season if Grider don't get our boys back in the weightroom real soon. Let me ask you a question. Someone told me that the people at the tssaa made our boys take three weeks off after our season was over because our boys won the championship. This is a bunch of mess. If our boys had to take three weeks off then today will be the end of two weeks. Next Friday Grider better have our boys working out again so we will be real strong for next year. I'm afraid that these Jo Byrns boys are getting a head start on us because the tssaa did not make them take three weeks off.

Next Friday is Christmas Eve! Get them in there before Santa comes