Ensworth-State Champions

Treadstone

Ensworth pulls it out. Personally looking back on the last 3 years, this is the one year I'd least expect them to win state. But they did it and they deserve credit. There will always be people looking back at the BA game saying that the catch wasn't inbounds, and always people saying that the game winner in the championship game was an interception or out of bounds. Either way you slice it, give credit where credit is due. Right now, Ensworth deserves credit. Great season to both teams. Huesman had a fantastic season, and deserved every bit of the Mr. Football voting. My best of luck to him and his future, and my thanks to him for exciting football this year and last year. Again though, congrats to Ensworth on getting the first state championship, and my best of luck to both Baylor and EHS in the future.

A great team, but sadly for both Ensworth and Baylor (and even Brentwood Academy) fans will always go back and look at the calls. Ensworth did what they needed to do tonight in the second half to make Baylor stumble, but people wont forget the calls last week or tonight. But make no mistake, no one can BLAME ensworth. Heck, I'd take those calls too. But I hope they realize that yes, as good a team as they were, they were very lucky.

A great team, but sadly for both Ensworth and Baylor (and even Brentwood Academy) fans will always go back and look at the calls. Ensworth did what they needed to do tonight in the second half to make Baylor stumble, but people wont forget the calls last week or tonight. But make no mistake, no one can BLAME ensworth. Heck, I'd take those calls too. But I hope they realize that yes, as good a team as they were, they were very lucky.

[/quot

Luck is a part of all sports. Skill doesnt always get it done. I'll take luck combined with skill. And thats what this last play was. A lil bit of both. Skill was in the pass being spot on and the excellent catch that was made. Luck came when the kid held onto that ball all the way down and there was an offical standing on top of the play. Hey if I win the Gold I'll take a heaping helping of luck to boot.

The calls that deserve focus are whatever BA called when Ensworth was facing 3rd and 37. Make that play and the one in the endzone never happens.

Or focus on the holding and illegal procedure calls that erased Baylor TD's att he end of the first half. If that TD stands, Ensworth has a much deeper hole.

If either team executes properly, neither call happens.

Parker is the difference maker for EHS, week after week. Without him, they are nowhere. elder makes big plays and gets the yards, but Parker has come through in the clutch time and time again for EHS this season. He's made so many big plays with the game on the line. I tip my cap to him. He's a good one.

AGREED! And he wasn't even the starter the first two games, correct? Great kid too!