McKenzie Rebels 2011

rebelsnook

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, rebuilding. They may lose all those kids, but I saw a lot of players being rotated into the games. That is the smarts of coach comer and staff. They reload because them coaches get reps for young players. Tons of talent there and a great offseason program. I believe McKenzie starts out being good and ends the year being a great team like usual. I'm sure they can get a few players to "move" there if they are short at a few spots. Not a knock...just jealous. lol. :roflol:

I've been a Rebel fan for more years than most of ya'll be living. I watched my first Rebel game over at McNeil in the mid '50's! For a good while myself and V&T1 were in a position of comparing "notes" on upcoming seasons. I learned a lot in that time. #1 was that he is clueless about the diversity of a true Wing T. #2 is that neither of us were very good at predicting the Rebels future.

Back before the 'O7 season started he and I talked and we concluded that we'd likely make the playoffs but would be "one and done"!!!! We ended up going to the 'Boro and playing for the state championship!!!! We've been to the semi-finals 4-5 years straight now! All with me sweating bullets that we'd just make the playoffs and go at least 2 rounds deep.

In conclusion, if we keep the coaching staff in place and the talent keeps stepping up, the Rebels will be just fine.

Is it Sept., 2011 yet? Luv my Rebels!!!!

PS-----did any of ya'll know that back around 1950 or so the Rebels were the Yellowjackets and the colors were green and yellow gold??? Butchie, hows that grab ya'!!!! LOL

Edited by duckman38201

Dresden gonna soften up westview for you in week zero. lol

We'll be appreciating that friend. Hope we can continue their pain when ya'll get thru with 'em!!!! In the meantime could ya'll spread some lime over the pig pen to hold down the suffering???? Early Sept. it's gonna be hot and well......

We gonna be startin' from semi-scratch next season so ya'll be nice to us. I'll bring my respirator from work to the game!!!! :roflol::thumb::popcorneater: