McKenzie Rebels 2011

rebelsnook

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UCGT was there alot of scoring late in the scrimmage? The reason I ask is while I was there yesterday, which was from 4:05- till bout 5:15 pm. the score was 3-1 Rebels. The only TD I saw out of the Tornadoes was a long TD run by Hyde. The rebels had a TD run and two long pass plays for TD while I was there. UC has improved and Hyde is a load but the Rebels pretty much controlled the scrimmage while I was there. It is spring and doesn't really matter because both teams will be solid this fall.

The Rebels had a 3-1 lead over UC in varsity play. I can't speak for UC, but I know the Rebs had some subs in when UC came back and scored 4. The Rebels managed to tack one more score on but UC won 5-4.

Rebels play Crockett County, I believe, on Thursday.

Edited by BigDMcK

The Rebels had a 3-1 lead over UC in varsity play. I can't speak for UC, but I know the Rebs had some subs in when UC came back and scored 4. The Rebels managed to tack one more score on but UC won 5-4.

Rebels play Crockett County, I believe, on Thursday.

3-1 in varsity play is good enough for me. Subs have to develop and I'm comfortable with the Rebel staff to make that happen which is probably why they were in early to face the storm. Varsity score is what really matters to me and my source was only one score off.

BigD, when the day, time and place is for sure for Crockett Co. let me know. Know several that want to come.

Edited by duckman38201

3-1 in varsity play is good enough for me. Subs have to develop and I'm comfortable with the Rebel staff to make that happen which is probably why they were in early to face the storm. Varsity score is what really matters to me and my source was only one score off.

BigD, when the day, time and place is for sure for Crockett Co. let me know. Know several that want to come.

Awe So What About The Final Score...Ya Lost In Varsity Play...Comer Needs To Quit Being The Gentleman This Year And Start Running It Up!...LOL..Winning Aint Fun Unless Ya Win Big!

Hey Big Swo?...The Duck Just Called In The National Guard To Get Your Team Outta Town Safely....He Was Losing His Mind In Excitement Of The Thrashing, The Rebels Just Handed Your Lil Dust Devils...Wha Happen? Was The Sun In Your Eyes?...LOL

And Bigster?...With A Pus Like What You Got...You Need Not Be Referring To My Looks....LOL

The only info I got was the final 6 -4 didnt knnow ay particulars until now. I tlked to Coach Bowling on monday and he said he was having a hard time getting spring traaining going good because several starters are doing well in baseball. No excuses here. I was impressed at first but now im concerned.

The only info I got was the final 6 -4 didnt knnow ay particulars until now. I tlked to Coach Bowling on monday and he said he was having a hard time getting spring traaining going good because several starters are doing well in baseball. No excuses here. I was impressed at first but now im concerned.

Well Ole Buddy...That Was Not The Response I Was Trying To Get From You...LOL Are We Getting Passive In Our Old Age?..Hey How's Our Young Man Doing In The Service?...I Remember My Service Years And Look Back At Them Fondly. I Hope His Path In The Future Is Pationate And Defined.. Wish Him Well For Me, And Thank Him For Defending Our Country. See Ya Swo!

BigSwo, don't be too concerned just yet. Remember that ya'll are a 1A playoff team and we are a 2A playoff team for starters. Our varsity play is indicative of the season in front of us to some good extent but Union City will be very competitive this coming season. I worry constantly about what the Rebels will have the next season. I'm not used to being in a "reload" situation just yet and still even hope that's where we are.

We have to prepare to go bigger than the Tornado's do in the end so 3-1 varsity deficit isn't so much to worry about at this time. When it goes beyond Varsity vs. Varsity all perspective is gone then. Overall it was a fairly even scrimmage and that's a good sign for the future of both of us. The one thing that should concern us is in these scrimmages there is no real test of punting and kicking. Don't guess I have to tell you how important that is to any teams game. If one doesn't have a good punter go Rugby style and you will survive. BUT there is NO substitute for a competent kicker!!!

Just my $.02 worth!!!

Big Swo I am with duckman on this one do not worry too much about a spring scrimmage. Spring is what it is. With players missing time for other sports and trying to get looks at different guys things happen. UC looked to be in good shape to be a force this year in single A and the Rebs looked to be strong as usual. Just like last year if anyone had watched my Falcons in the spring scrimmage at Obion Co. they would have said no way that LC wins 9 games. Alot of time between now and week 1. Interested though how did it turn out with Crockett Co. today rebs?

Big Swo I am with duckman on this one do not worry too much about a spring scrimmage. Spring is what it is. With players missing time for other sports and trying to get looks at different guys things happen. UC looked to be in good shape to be a force this year in single A and the Rebs looked to be strong as usual. Just like last year if anyone had watched my Falcons in the spring scrimmage at Obion Co. they would have said no way that LC wins 9 games. Alot of time between now and week 1. Interested though how did it turn out with Crockett Co. today rebs?

Heard It Was Somewhat Of A Tie...And An Early Exit From Crockett County..Seems They Had A Prior Engagement to Attend...