McKenzie Rebels 2011

rebelsnook

We've Met The Trouserdale Hosers....And They Are A Formidable Bunch...Hope We Meet This Year As Well.

We get on here every year and post and pull for our favorite teams. Mckenzie has a good football year in and out. We might not always c eye to eye i respect the Rebels program and their coaching staff! Good luck to the Rebels this season! There is nothing no better in the world of sports than High School Football! Be so glad when it starts!

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We get on here every year and post and pull for our favorite teams. Mckenzie has a good football year in and out. We might not always c eye to eye i respect the Rebels program and their coaching staff! Good luck to the Rebels this season! There is nothing no better in the world of sports than High School Football! Be so glad when it starts!

Won't be too much longer Zebra.Get to some my ole buddies Butchie and Duck and the mighty Rebels in a couple weeks at Huntingdon.Get to see McKenzie,Huntingdon,Wayne Co.,Perry Co,and the team picked 5th in our district,the Union City Tornadoes, all on the same field on the same night.Just had to say that about Union City.Couldn't help myself..Hopefully I won't eat those words later in the season..Butchie,Duck,Swo,Myself together again.And 3 of us are going home with smiles on our faces hopefully.Referring to Butchie,Duck and myself of course...lol..But then again.The Stangs may feel different.

Edited by mrbigster

Won't be too much longer Zebra.Get to some my ole buddies Butchie and Duck and the mighty Rebels in a couple weeks at Huntingdon.Get to see McKenzie,Huntingdon,Wayne Co.,Perry Co,and the team picked 5th in our district,the Union City Tornadoes, all on the same field on the same night.Just had to say that about Union City.Couldn't help myself..Hopefully I won't eat those words later in the season..Butchie,Duck,Swo,Myself together again.And 3 of us are going home with smiles on our faces hopefully.Referring to Butchie,Duck and myself of course...lol..But then again.The Stangs may feel different.

As With The Coming Of Football Season, I So Look Forward To The Smack Talking To Other Teams...I'm Proud To Be A Rebel!...And Meeting Up With My Road Dogs Like Bigster And That Homo Big Swo!....See Ya When I Can...LOL

McKenzie wins the scrimmage 3 or 4 to 1. Overall, we played well for first time hitting someone other than ourselves. The running backs, especially Lowe and Chavez looked really good. They were quick hitting the hole and the offensive line played really good to be young. Robertson and McClain both looked good under center. Luke got the start which is no suprise. He threw well as did McClain. Defensively, saw alot of hard hits. The coaches did get a little "excited" on some missed assignments on defense but overall I think not bad.

Now with all of that being said, McNairy was pretty good size and had some speed but I don't think they were anything special. It was a good test for us.

The freshman squad won 2 to 1. Saw some really positive things for the future. This bunch of freshman are hungary. Very brite future.

On the injury front, we had a freshman who went in toward the end of the varsity and hurt his leg. They are thinking may be a broken fibia but not sure.

Union City up next. I believe it is on Tuesday but I am not sure.

RPOD!!!!

Well, well, well. Time for the favorite part of the year to kick in gear. Been since last season for me on the T. Kind of hard on me yesterday watching the Rebels since mine graduated last year. Bittersweet to say the least. That was my first look of this years Rebels and was excited in what I saw. Overall, we looked pretty darn good for that being the first real test of the season. I liked the RB's we have this year, a little bit of everything back there. Matt was running better than I remember and Junior was a beast, reminded me of Jake alot. Boy sure does like to run over folks. Hunter, speed is all I can say. Better not let him get the corner. QB's looked a little off. Folks around me said that was not one of their best days. Going to be a little different in this years slingers. We are not as mobile in that department as the past but better overall throwing. Should be fun when teams stack the box for the run and Luke slings one out 40 yards on them. He has some targets to hit to. Chadwick looked good catching the rock, Rob T dropped a few but he'll get better and nice to see Hicks out there running routes. A 6'5 frame is easy to find in the secondary.

Lineman are big this year but young. Have alot of talent up front and they will only get better as they get time under the lights. I saw some good things with them. They get a very good push off the ball when it's a running play but a little slow on pass protection. When they do protect the pass, we will be deadly.

Defense was great as usual. Got to the ball very well and had some pretty good hits. LB's looked very good, of course with a Mr Football finalist back, that is gonna help. He will help Junior back there alot. Hicks and Matt looked great on the ends. Opposing QB's better get rid of the ball quick because them two will be all over you. They both will have a awesome year. My only concern was the secondary. I saw some areas that are going to have to improve. Way to many missed tackles when the ball hit the corners. You have on pads, use them and not arms. Overall, we haven't missed a beat on D from lasy year. My opinion, I think we are even better than last years D in certain areas, definatley have more speed.

Another exciting year in Rebel Country is in the future. Should be fun to watch and I for one am looking forward to it that's for sure.