New Coach at Lincoln Co.

chs4life

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of unanswered questions here. Who will the next Lincoln County coach be? Will coach Thomas be the head coach at the new Fayetteville High School? Where will the new School be located? What classification will Lincoln County become 5A? What classification will the Fayatteville City High be 2A or 3A? Will they be known as the tigers like the old Fayetteville central? How will the good people of Fayetteville and Lincoln County pay for the new school? I lived in Fayetteville back in the 70'S when the new Lincoln County High came into being. I remember paying the wheel tax and how the voters were told if they voted for the wheel tax there property taxes would not be raised to pay for the new school. And how the wheel tax would go away after the School bond was retired. You good Lincoln County folks know what happened. If you ask me this all is looney tunes and should be in a cartoon. :roflol:

Edited by MCHSBigBlue

Wow. The Fayetteville City school board thinks it's a good idea to create a city high school...in the middle of a depressed economy...and will offer open enrollment...so county kids that go to the city school will be ostracized by other county kids...county kids will be ostracized by city kids...city taxes will go up to support the redundant costs associated with extra teachers and school administrators....

I don't blame O'Connor for seriously reconsidering the move - things will be chaotic for several years - only an idiot would walk into a situation like that. All Lincoln County sports will suffer, along with Lincoln County academics as the coaches and teachers jockey back and forth.

Hopefully the voters in the city will recognize the arrogance of the Fayetteville city school board members and vote every single one of them out of office in the next election.

I had heard rumors, but had hoped they were just rumors

Stupid is as stupid does...stupid arrogance is immeasurably worse. :(

Ship has sailed for sure, Punk's staying at Giles County. Good for him and Giles, bad for LC. I'm hearing rumors that the city high school may not be a serious thing - may have been just a ruse to torpedo the hire over old frictions, etc. Apparently wasn't even scheduled for a vote until the last minute - at a time when O'Connor still had time to reconsider. We'll see - hope that isn't true. Still, I can't imagine who is gonna be willing to line up an pay for a new high school two miles from the current one - hard to feature where the funding and/or referendum votes will come from. Anxious to find out the truth - if this was just a power play/ego thing, it should not go unanswered at the ballot box in Fayetteville.

Lots of unanswered questions here. Who will the next Lincoln County coach be? Will coach Thomas be the head coach at the new Fayetteville High School? Where will the new School be located? What classification will Lincoln County become 5A? What classification will the Fayatteville City High be 2A or 3A? Will they be known as the tigers like the old Fayetteville central? How will the good people of Fayetteville and Lincoln County pay for the new school? I lived in Fayetteville back in the 70'S when the new Lincoln County High came into being. I remember paying the wheel tax and how the voters were told if they voted for the wheel tax there property taxes would not be raised to pay for the new school. And how the wheel tax would go away after the School bond was retired. You good Lincoln County folks know what happened. If you ask me this all is looney tunes and should be in a cartoon. :roflol:

Good questions - I can take a stab at a few. If the city HS happens, it'll be 1A acc'd to Mark Clark (second-hand info to me). Would be at the old fay city jr high location. Jr high would be next-door at current intermediate school. Ralph Askins expanded to k-5 from k-3 current. I'd assume they would be the tigers, but a guess. Heard the rumor of Don as HC, but no true info. Seems odd that they'd hire one at this point to me, or even discuss it - they're only planning to add a single grade per year. Doubt that they'll have any serious football players in 10th grade and up for a while, regardless. True dat on the wheel tax - errybody there's still payin it, regardless of the promises at the time. Increased taxes would mostly be born by the city people thru property tax increases, I'd guess. Maybe shared thru increased sales taxes in Fayetteville, I suppose.

Good questions - I can take a stab at a few. If the city HS happens, it'll be 1A acc'd to Mark Clark (second-hand info to me). Would be at the old fay city jr high location. Jr high would be next-door at current intermediate school. Ralph Askins expanded to k-5 from k-3 current. I'd assume they would be the tigers, but a guess. Heard the rumor of Don as HC, but no true info. Seems odd that they'd hire one at this point to me, or even discuss it - they're only planning to add a single grade per year. Doubt that they'll have any serious football players in 10th grade and up for a while, regardless. True dat on the wheel tax - errybody there's still payin it, regardless of the promises at the time. Increased taxes would mostly be born by the city people thru property tax increases, I'd guess. Maybe shared thru increased sales taxes in Fayetteville, I suppose.

I've heard they actually have the funds to build the school. Just don't have the funds to run it. I heard property tax increases have been discussed. I think the sales tax is at its max right now.

I have also been hearing rumors that Coach Thomas may indeed be the front runner. :thumb:

Edited by naildriver247

I've heard they actually have the funds to build the school. Just don't have the funds to run it. I heard property tax increases have been discussed. I think the sales tax is at its max right now.

I have also been hearing rumors that Coach Thomas may indeed be the front runner. :thumb:

Congratulations to Don Thomas, new HC at LCHS.

Now, will be interesting to see how many folks in the City are lining up to pay for a new High School. My bet is not nearly enough. Not sure if a referendum would be required to raise prop taxes/fund it or not - if so, I can't imagine that passing. I've yet to hear a compelling reason to support the idea.

Congratulations to Don Thomas, new HC at LCHS.

Now, will be interesting to see how many folks in the City are lining up to pay for a new High School. My bet is not nearly enough. Not sure if a referendum would be required to raise prop taxes/fund it or not - if so, I can't imagine that passing. I've yet to hear a compelling reason to support the idea.

Haven't heard anything official yet. I have only heard rumors. I hope your right.