District 15A

TitanicVol

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As good as Scotts Hill looked last night,they came out flat tonight and went to OT to beat Adamsville 54-49.Still some players with the flu,next night after a huge win against their biggest rival,whateaver the reason they're not at the top of their game consistantly right now.From what I've seen this season the Lady Lions control wheather or not they advance,at least until sub-state,play well and win,simple as that.On the other side of the coin there are at least four teams in the district with the potential to end Scotts Hills' season if they don't show up expecting to get everyones best effort,and a Lake Co.or Greenfield would love to catch them as off their game as they were tonight.No disrespect intended toward Adamsville,they played their hearts out and led by 9 with 3 and change left,and almost beat a superior team on their home floor...my hats off for the effort.

Edited by tradertwo

As good as Scotts Hill looked last night,they came out flat tonight and went to OT to beat Adamsville 54-49.Still some players with the flu,next night after a huge win against their biggest rival,whateaver the reason they're not at the top of their game consistantly right now.From what I've seen this season the Lady Lions control wheather or not they advance,at least until sub-state,play well and win,simple as that.On the other side of the coin there are at least four teams in the district with the potential to end Scotts Hills' season if they don't show up expecting to get everyones best effort,and a Lake Co.or Greenfield would love to catch them as off their game as they were tonight.No disrespect intended toward Adamsville,they played their hearts out and led by 9 with 3 and change left,and almost beat a superior team on their home floor...my hats off for the effort.

It is really hard to stay undefeated with that big of a target on your back. I personally have always felt that undefeated teams perform better in tournaments when they have a loss before tournament play. It helps to remind them that they can lose and refocus the team on the bigger picture. However, no one goes out there to try to lose. I love the small town atmosphere of Scotts Hill and the support they have for their Lady Lions. I am looking forward to seeing them at Decatur County on the 10th. Here is hoping they make a return trip to Murfreesboro this year.

One team Scotts Hill still has left to play again is South Gibson (at S. Gibson), and South Gibson has recently been 'reaching up' from their lower spot in the District to beat some of the teams ahead of them. A two point win against Madison, and a one point win tonight at Riverside.... looks like they may be coming together at a good time as well.

Hopefully the weather will hold off - LOTS of district games left to be played and I know Decatur County schools (Riverside) are OUT tomorrow due to a combo of weather AND sickness... everyone keep their fingers crossed that the game between Riverside at Scotts Hill will be able to be played.

One team Scotts Hill still has left to play again is South Gibson (at S. Gibson), and South Gibson has recently been 'reaching up' from their lower spot in the District to beat some of the teams ahead of them. A two point win against Madison, and a one point win tonight at Riverside.... looks like they may be coming together at a good time as well.

Hopefully the weather will hold off - LOTS of district games left to be played and I know Decatur County schools (Riverside) are OUT tomorrow due to a combo of weather AND sickness... everyone keep their fingers crossed that the game between Riverside at Scotts Hill will be able to be played.

I was surprised earlier in the season when S.Gibson was dropping games to some of the teams that I had figured them to be better than.Merideth is a solid coach,and the team was very young last year when they were showing some signs of maturing into a sound ballclub.I do believe that they have the capacity to 'shake up' the tournament by knocking out one of the favorites,if they're overlooked.

Scotts Hill 9-0 22-0

Middleton 6-3 13-8

Madison Acad Magnet 5-4 16-8

Decatur County Riverside 4-4 11-9

South Gibson 4-6 7-12

Adamsville 3-5 7-12

Trinity Christian 0-9 5-17

THOUGHTS:

* Middleton over Adamsville (at Mid) last night by 10 in OT. Adamsville has now given both of the top district teams a scare in OT over the past week.

* Middleton has an intereting game coming up tonight with out-of-district opponent Lake Co.

* Scotts Hill wrapped up the 'regular season' district championship last night with a home win over Riverside. I know they (SH) don't particularly care about this though, as the Gold Ball is their only real goal this season.

* I know this is not 15-A, but I was somewhat shocked this morning to see that Waynesboro lost to Loretto.

* I know this is not girls, but I imagine that Adamsville @ Middleton boys game was exciting to watch. If I didn't have games to attend with my own daughter playing, I'd sure love to make a trip to Adamsville to see the upcoming rematch... I don't think Middleton will lose, but I bet it'll be entertaining.

Tonights SCHEDULED district games:

Madison @ Middleton (unsure of the time- probably 6:00P)

Adamsville @ Riverside - scheduled 6:30P - Decatur Co. is out of school today

Scotts Hill @ So. Gibson - 6:00P - Henderson Co. is out of school today

As of now (noon), I know the SH/ So. Gibson game is still on. If anyone has any updates as far as cancellations or time changes, please post!

Edited by TitanicVol

The Scotts Hill @ Riverside postponment more than likely erases any possability of making up the S.H. @ Hardin Co. game.I believe the competitiveness of that one would have been a win-win situation for the Lady Lions,as a W would have been a big confidence boost at just the right time,and a L would have refocused the team like nothing else could without demoralizing them.They are undefeated,#1 in district,sound familiar?Middleton had the distinction of being in the same position last season,lost the dist. championship,and regionial championship,and in my opinion caught a break in the fact that Lake Co. got upset to get to Murfreesboro. Scotts Hill still has two more games to close out the reg. season without a loss,and Riverside will be ready to play Sat.night.The main objective for this season is a return trip to the glass house,with a good shot at the gold ball,and whomeaver can avoid playing a sub-state game at Lake Co.(assuming they avoid another upset)will do themselves a huge favor to get there.Am I saying that's not a winable game...no,but I'd much rather take my chances at home.

The Scotts Hill @ Riverside postponment more than likely erases any possability of making up the S.H. @ Hardin Co. game.I believe the competitiveness of that one would have been a win-win situation for the Lady Lions,as a W would have been a big confidence boost at just the right time,and a L would have refocused the team like nothing else could without demoralizing them.They are undefeated,#1 in district,sound familiar?Middleton had the distinction of being in the same position last season,lost the dist. championship,and regionial championship,and in my opinion caught a break in the fact that Lake Co. got upset to get to Murfreesboro. Scotts Hill still has two more games to close out the reg. season without a loss,and Riverside will be ready to play Sat.night.The main objective for this season is a return trip to the glass house,with a good shot at the gold ball,and whomeaver can avoid playing a sub-state game at Lake Co.(assuming they avoid another upset)will do themselves a huge favor to get there.Am I saying that's not a winable game...no,but I'd much rather take my chances at home.

You're right on trader.Like you said,the best team doesn't always win to get t the tournaments.Humboldt beat Lake Co on that 1 night after Lake Co had beaten them by close to twenty points both games during the season.Could happen again this year.Looks like Dresden has a player or couple players back and are playing better ball.Gleason is capable because of the slow down style they play.Greenfield can beat anyone.Bradford has the athletes and speed to match up with Lake co,no matter the score from the last game.Just was Lake Co's night.Middleton has some girls back from what I read.So sould be some great games and good teams left at home again.

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't high school related, but Decatur Co. Middle School (feeder for Riverside) won the TNT Class 3A state championship in Springfield this weekend. I have a daughter on the team, and they went 20-1 this season.

I know Middle School tourneys are different (not all schools are in the TMSAA and there are different 'state tournaments' out there), but we're still proud of these girls.

Congratulations Lady Panthers.

And good luck to my Lady Lions of Scotts Hill TONIGHT!!