Humboldt vs lake County

87vikingalumni

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big game Tuesday between Humboldt & lake County to see who can get the early lead in 14A, so who do you have in this one? I think it will be a good game but I'll take Humboldt by 5.

I'm hoping it'll be a good game.Lake Co doesnt have that one star or tall player with long arms they usually have but do have a lot of speed and boys that will hustle.A different kind of team from years past.We look more like the Union City teams but without their great shooters..lol..Lake Co press has really worked pretty good so far so we'll see.I'l wondering who Lake Co puts on Brooks.We have several boys that have the speed to stay with him or Quan in Ralfhael Tyler,Stetson Swift or Zay Coleman but Devon Jones is very quick but about 6'3 and long arms.Brooks would have to shoot over him.May even go with Ricky Boyd.Looks to be a good match up speed wise.We can't let Bryson hurt us down low.Lake Co is quick enough to collaspe on him but when he kicks the ball back out to an open Brooks..could spell trouble.Someone is going to have to stay on Brooks and not leave him open.I'd like to maybe see a zone of some type but extending it out more to keep Brooks from getting an open look but then again the Vikings will probably pass it around enough to get him open in the zone and Lake Co probably feels like they can play man to man and at least make him earn the points...Doubt Lake Co will play any zone.This team seems to want to run and run.

Edited by mrbigster

Humboldt has (4) four starters returning (Brooks, Bryson, Campbell, Martin) & a pretty good young bench. I think Lake county best chance will be to play man to man because Humboldt has more three point shooters than Brooks & if they want to turn it into a track meet than Humboldt will run with a food bench. Humboldt freshmen are growing up fast, one of them gets a lot of playing time can't remember his name but about 6'2 guard. Freshmen played just about the whole fourth quarter against greenfield so we will see Tuesday if Humboldt defense shows up. The good thing about the Vikes is they can play a fast pace game & a half court game so this will be a good game!

Humboldt has (4) four starters returning (Brooks, Bryson, Campbell, Martin) & a pretty good young bench. I think Lake county best chance will be to play man to man because Humboldt has more three point shooters than Brooks & if they want to turn it into a track meet than Humboldt will run with a food bench. Humboldt freshmen are growing up fast, one of them gets a lot of playing time can't remember his name but about 6'2 guard. Freshmen played just about the whole fourth quarter against greenfield so we will see Tuesday if Humboldt defense shows up. The good thing about the Vikes is they can play a fast pace game & a half court game so this will be a good game!

Probably the lefthanded kid that played for the middle school.Going to be a special player.Him and our freshman point guard played against each other .Lake Co is going to run..The thing is..Are the Vikings going to run or play a zone?lol..I know Humboldt has speed in Quan,Brooks and Company..but overall as a team..don't believe they will be as fast as Lake Co.It won't be a half court game unless Humboldt wants a half court game.

A big game Tuesday between Humboldt & lake County to see who can get the early lead in 14A, so who do you have in this one? I think it will be a good game but I'll take Humboldt by 5.

The Vikings best get their rears in gear for this one! If they play like they did against Haywood it will be a long night! I'm not knocking anyone but Haywood is down and lost to a Dyersburg team that Humboldt beat by 20! I know it will be a couple of more games for the football players to get in BB shape! Campbell a good athlete needs to quit turning the ball over! He also needs to stop trying to play hero and stop trying to slam the ball evertime he gets his hands on it! If the Vikings bring their A game they win in a close if not Lake County wins at by 10! Bryson has got to stay out of foul trouble! He also needs to hit the weight room he's weak for big man! :?:

The only difference in this Humboldt team is they don't have Dunbar, and let's not forget Humboldt can run as well so we will see what happens. Zebra we will see how weak Bryson is, football will be were he excels at. He'll be strong enough to score some points I guarantee you that, didn't know this was a weight competition. Lol

The only difference in this Humboldt team is they don't have Dunbar, and let's not forget Humboldt can run as well so we will see what happens. Zebra we will see how weak Bryson is, football will be were he excels at. He'll be strong enough to score some points I guarantee you that, didn't know this was a weight competition. Lol

Didn't say it was a weight competition i said he is not strong enough to be his size! Some fan at the Haywood game the other night say the same thing and he was a Humboldt fan! He simply needs to be a dominate force for Humboldt and stay out of foul trouble! I want to see him explode like i know he can the Vikings need him in a bad way this year! As far as being fast and quick Humboldt is probably quicker and faster than last year! Tuesday night its show we will see if Bryson can shine! :thumb:

Didn't say it was a weight competition i said he is not strong enough to be his size! Some fan at the Haywood game the other night say the same thing and he was a Humboldt fan! He simply needs to be a dominate force for Humboldt and stay out of foul trouble! I want to see him explode like i know he can the Vikings need him in a bad way this year! As far as being fast and quick Humboldt is probably quicker and faster than last year! Tuesday night its show we will see if Bryson can shine! :thumb:

Not saying Lake Co is going to win..This team is different from other Lake Co teams.Always seem to have a least 1 tall thin big man.We've always had decent speed but a lot of times they loafed in certain games or against certain teams.Haven't seen that so far this year.Not our most talented team but they play hard.You know Ralfhel has good quickness.This team has 3 boys probably faster and just as quick.This team wants to play at a fast pace.

For all of you that don't know...Quan loss his father earlier in the week, but went out and continued to play. I know from personal experience how hard it is to lose a father, but cant imagine being a young man in high school losing my dad! I know this is a sports forum, but wanted to let those around the 14A district know what this young man is dealing with!

For all of you that don't know...Quan loss his father earlier in the week, but went out and continued to play. I know from personal experience how hard it is to lose a father, but cant imagine being a young man in high school losing my dad! I know this is a sports forum, but wanted to let those around the 14A district know what this young man is dealing with!

Sorry to hear about his loss.

By looking at the strength of schedule on CoachT.Lake Co doesn't stand a chance.Humboldt has played or tied the toughest schedule while Lake Co is about 90th.I didn't realize Dyersburg and Haywood were two such powerhouse.I wouldn't think they are better than Westview or Brighton.And I'm not talking about strength and success because Lake Co has a couple losses with their football players and Halls would knock us down and Perry Co would knock us down by having a couple losses.I'm just talking about playing the toughest schedule.Would you rather play Dyersburg and Haywood or Westview and Brighton.But as far as the strength and success also.It really doesn't tell the true tale.Perry Co has a couple losses without their football players and it counts against them as well as Lake Co when they lose.Same for Lake Co.They took two losses without the football players and it hurts them and Perry Co.Also hurts the girls.Beat Brighton and Westview,two teams that could beat most any single a teams but when they lose to a Obion Central or a Gibson Co..it hurts Lake Co girls.So..not really a true measuring stick.I do know that Dyersburg and Haywood aren't good enough teams to warrant a number 1 ranking and Brighton and Westview is so bad that Lake Co is 90th.Get real CoachT...But in saying that..Humboldt should win by at least 60 to 90 points at least according to strength of schedule.

Edited by mrbigster