Portland

breakawayspeed

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well put Coach A

I dont really know who you are directing this to, but, if it is me, you would be better off if you would take the time to look up my username, Im not hiding behind just a user name, as you are, nor, do I make my email private, as most do here and list my real name under my profile. I have nothing to hide from, and those that know me from Portland know I would never, ever, smirk another mans name. Good day sir......now I see how the other threads were deleted.

The football team had their annual end of the year banquet on Monday. Between 1/2 - 2/3 of the people I spoke to was not happy with the decision to move forward with a new coach. I know that is water under the bridge but it was very apparent. Those same people were also a little disappointed that Coach Aric did not attend the banquet. Regardless it was a great banquet. Coach Sanders left on a emotional note and showed a lot of class and humility.

Time to move forward and wish the best of luck to the Panthers in 11.

Was the principal in attendance?

Was the principal in attendance?

I met Coach Parker a few weeks back, but, he and Coach Sanders are the only ones I could pick out. If ya know what the principal looks like, here is a link on facebook, the Portland Progressive did on the awards program. I could also pick out Emilio Almendarez, and Rodney Crabtree, two of the players, maybe this will help. 2010 AWARDS

• 1 month later...

Update: last night at baseball workouts the 8th graders were telling me, those that are interested in playing high school ball as a Freshman are suppose to report next week, I believe for several days. Coach Parker is still a football coach, (and the Head Baseball coach) but Coach Aric was going to be the coach of the high school team, freshman and jv.....at least thats how the 8th graders understood it, and if they wish to play they must be there....again this came from 13 and 14 yr old boys, so who knows, lol.

will white house even have a football team? i hear all their coaches are jumping ship. on the other hand i hear that portland has nearly 100 players (9-12) out for football working out.

I wont know for sure till maybe tonight. We have several baseball players on our "middle school" baseball team from both East and West that are going to the workouts this week. The way I understand it, the workouts this week will also be the tryouts for incoming freshman..I know it is a balancing act in the spring between baseball(Coach Parker) and Football (Coach Aric) when players need to be at both, so far it seems everyone is scheduling and sharing time so the two sport guys can do both. My hat is off to the both of them.

Update: last night at baseball workouts the 8th graders were telling me, those that are interested in playing high school ball as a Freshman are suppose to report next week, I believe for several days. Coach Parker is still a football coach, (and the Head Baseball coach) but Coach Aric was going to be the coach of the high school team, freshman and jv.....at least thats how the 8th graders understood it, and if they wish to play they must be there....again this came from 13 and 14 yr old boys, so who knows, lol.

aric will coach all 3 teams; he might better focus on that varsity team! :thumb:

bucs rule

Don't count on it. They have a better team than you.

I am not discounting your thoughts, but could you elaborate as to how they are better? I know we where 1-9 this past season and mostly everybody had a better record, but what makes them better other than record?

I wasn't trying to downplay this team, just stating that they sound like a better chance for a victory than the Hendersonville's, Beech's, Mt. Juliet's, and Gallatin's of the world. Sorry if I mispoke, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. :thumb:

I am not discounting your thoughts, but could you elaborate as to how they are better? I know we where 1-9 this past season and mostly everybody had a better record, but what makes them better other than record?

I know you weren't bad mouthing the team,and I'm not trying to bad mouth Portland. I keep up with all the local teams,and I know Portland has been having some serious problems.

CA is better coached,and they execute better.They have enough athletes to get the job done. Don't get me wrong though,I'm not saying a bunch of 1A teams can beat Portland,but there are a few of them that could,and I think this year's CA team is capable.