Signal Mountain 4A 2011-2012

Dodge

That's what kills me, Besides Price the only other guy in this area (that I know of) that knows squat is the guy at S. Pittsburg. You would think the city would be glad to finally have somebody come in that knows what he's doing. I would actually like to see other teams in the region with decent Coaching so the games are not so boring. There is reason UT has to recruit so many players out of State. The level of play in Chatt especially has not been very good. The winds of change are a blowin, and Price is that wind....

I guess we have found someone close to Price if not himself. If your games are boring schedule harder teams. If Coach Price is the end to all ends, why didn't he win championships at the other schools he coached? Yes Coach Price is a good coach but, Sm has some goods atheltes for him to coach.

"I will say that Price is a grow your own man": come on what are you trying to sell? Nothing against Whitwell but, let him coach there two or three years and see if he wins a Gold Ball.

TCA was not bigger than SM either.

The only thing BLOWIN IS YOU.

. If your games are boring schedule harder teams. If Coach Price is the end to all ends, why didn't he win championships at the other schools he coached? Yes Coach Price is a good coach but, Sm has some goods atheltes for him to coach.

"I will say that Price is a grow your own man": come on what are you trying to sell? Nothing against Whitwell but, let him coach there two or three years and see if he wins a Gold Ball.

TCA was not bigger than SM either.

The only thing BLOWIN IS YOU.

bratt22:

I will agree on TCA was smaller and so was some of the other teams we played. We were classified as a 2A at the beginning of the season last year. We did beat some quality teams to the road to the state game. We are moving up to 4A and that should be more fun for us this year. (did not say we were gonna dominate)

And you are correct, SM does have good athletes. But our coaching staff is a bunch of wonderful coaches. They put the best 11 on the field and playball. Our kids put the time in on the field and the gym also. Alot of them play mulitple sports for SMHS.

And as far as Whitwell, everyone gets down sometime. (I am sure we will someday also) They will be back,They just need something or someone to come in and lift the program back up.

Good things come to those who wait, we (I) have waited for this high school forever! I remember playing junior high football up here (showing my age, junior high) and knowing that I was going to have to go to RB and try to win a position from someone in their HOMETOWN. Not saying anything bad about RB, still try and catch a game there when I can. (Saw them and Page play this year, good playoff victory for them!)

I love these post!

And I again apologize about Hamjam, I did let the genie out of the bottle. He will be fun on here and we should all have a good time!

I know there's a middle school thread, but I want to congratulate all the young fellers selected for the Hamilton County Athletic Conference's middle school Division A all-county team.

A special congratulation to the five Signal Mountain players: Harrison Moon, John Wilson, Christopher Feemster, Ryan McCaffrey, and Hunter VanDyken.:thumb: :thumb:

Troll: good post about our SMMS boys, they are our future. Our coaches did a awesome job with them, didn't get to see them play that many times this year but they did look good.

We need to also make mention to the 6th Grade team that won the scenic city football league championship this year. ( I was at the game and they came back in the 4th Quarter to win) The gold ball is at the school. Great year boys! You made the Mountain proud!:thumb:

And last but not least is the Signal Mountain Tackle Football league, I saw a bunch of their games (daughter cheered for this league) These coaches and players had a great year of learning and fun. http://www.smtf2010.com/

Thanks to Tommy Poteet for allowing the SMTF league use the field at the old Middle School (Signal Mountain Athletic Club) He kept it mowed, lined and the light on for the kids to play. He is a great Signal Mountain resident giving back to the community and the kids.

whats everyone thinking about for the eagles next year. only losing about 8 or 9 starters on offense and defense. Reese Phillips will be replacing the Hogan Whitmire. every other position will be filled by athletes who can easily step to the challenge

Feel great about it, Hogan was a leader, he gave a good example for the up and coming players to model.

Just a couple of random replies.

We have Polk Co. and Tyner both scheduled as non-district games next year.:ph34r:

Reece Phillips is a Junior next year. :shock:

All but one of our starting O-line returns; receiving corp intact (minus Phillips); Bowman, Price, and Hall return at running back. Defense continues to improve and will be stronger, bigger, faster, and more aggressive next year.:shock:

Yes, some all of us on Signal brag gloat and complain whine sometimes; but it's hard not to when you's as good as we are, and everbody's out to git ya. :roflolk:

Bigger, faster, stronger.....that's some of the old school dogma that I love, and incidentally still works since Roman times.....Citius, Altius, Fortius!

Yes, they have no idea what is coming. The Troll is gonna get busy, I can already see this coming. :thumb:

I figured out a way to steal every single one of Red Banks players, we could just absorb Red Bank turn it into the Jr. High......Make the school on the Mountain the Sr. High.....and Rule 5A (vaporize every opponent in the state).....Of course we would need to seize the school board so we could re-zone the school districts every year. Non-producing neighborhoods would be re-directed to Hixson etc..... If we're going to be accused of it lets do it up big time. Valdosta and Warner Robins made that system work for decades lets become a football factory!.......

I'm being factious, but if Signal Mountain truly had the clout and desire to perform a hostile takeover of Chattanooga athletics, this is how it would be done. All of the hoopla is coming from the same nuts that believe in the 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll, they can find a conspiracy in my bowl of cereal....

bratt22:

I will agree on TCA was smaller and so was some of the other teams we played. We were classified as a 2A at the beginning of the season last year. We did beat some quality teams to the road to the state game. We are moving up to 4A and that should be more fun for us this year. (did not say we were gonna dominate)

And you are correct, SM does have good athletes. But our coaching staff is a bunch of wonderful coaches. They put the best 11 on the field and playball. Our kids put the time in on the field and the gym also. Alot of them play mulitple sports for SMHS.

And as far as Whitwell, everyone gets down sometime. (I am sure we will someday also) They will be back,They just need something or someone to come in and lift the program back up.

Good things come to those who wait, we (I) have waited for this high school forever! I remember playing junior high football up here (showing my age, junior high) and knowing that I was going to have to go to RB and try to win a position from someone in their HOMETOWN. Not saying anything bad about RB, still try and catch a game there when I can. (Saw them and Page play this year, good playoff victory for them!)

I love these post!

And I again apologize about Hamjam, I did let the genie out of the bottle. He will be fun on here and we should all have a good time!

I agree with you, I just don't think all the Praise goes to coach Price as Jam mentioned. Having good assistant coaches and above average talent will make a good Coach look even better. Especially if the coach will let his coaches coach which Coach Price no doubt does. And it goes the other way as well, if your asst. coaches are sub-par and the kids are not coachable, then it looks bad on the Head coach. Is it fair? No. But that the way people look at things. I think most coaches put the best eleven players on the field with the exception of a few but, some coaches choose to put players with leadership on the field over talent as well.

I'm glad Signal Mountain is the only school in America that has kids transfer to be involved in a winning program. I'm sure other area schools have way to much integrity to accept transfers.........Ridiculous argument. I will say that Price is a grow your own man......Mandatory workouts at 5:00 am everyday before school have a way of turning zeroes into heroes. This above anything else was the difference maker this year. I think it will continue to fuel SM dominance.......exponentially. The Eagles work every bit as hard as I did at the college level. Where are all these super-stud transfers....we were smaller than every team we beat in the playoffs.

I'm not doubting that kids transfer to schools and want to play football. But it's not everyday that you get kids transfer in that end up being Mr. Football nominees (Gervell Morgan) and State Championship game MVP's (Donnie Garner). I don't think it's "ridiculous" to wonder how a school went from non-existence to state championship caliber in 3 years, one of those years playing a JV schedule. I also KNOW that the majority of schools AROUND THE UNITED STATES have strength and conditioning programs. If this was the recipe for getting state championships then wouldn't every school have one???

I considered myself a hard worker in high school and college as well and if it was all about hard work then a lot of young men I know and played with would have state championship rings but in the end, it comes down to talent. And Signal Mountain has apparently come up with some 2A State Championship caliber talent in 3 years.

Whether they do it by illegal or legal (according to TSSAA) methods, I don't know for sure. BUT I do know, for a fact, that you have kids that played significant minutes on the team that do not live on Signal Mountain or the surrounding area. How they got there? I don't know. That's all I'm getting at. I would fully support Signal Mountain if I thought they were playing by the rules. I think it is great for Chattanooga to have good teams again and consistant playoff and state championship contenders but some things don't add up in my opinion. I won't even mention the whole "Cover Up" Scandal. But that is just my opinion.

I'm not doubting that kids transfer to schools and want to play football. But it's not everyday that you get kids transfer in that end up being Mr. Football nominees (Gervell Morgan) and State Championship game MVP's (Donnie Garner). I don't think it's "ridiculous" to wonder how a school went from non-existence to state championship caliber in 3 years, one of those years playing a JV schedule. I also KNOW that the majority of schools AROUND THE UNITED STATES have strength and conditioning programs. If this was the recipe for getting state championships then wouldn't every school have one???

I considered myself a hard worker in high school and college as well and if it was all about hard work then a lot of young men I know and played with would have state championship rings but in the end, it comes down to talent. And Signal Mountain has apparently come up with some 2A State Championship caliber talent in 3 years.

Whether they do it by illegal or legal (according to TSSAA) methods, I don't know for sure. BUT I do know, for a fact, that you have kids that played significant minutes on the team that do not live on Signal Mountain or the surrounding area. How they got there? I don't know. That's all I'm getting at. I would fully support Signal Mountain if I thought they were playing by the rules. I think it is great for Chattanooga to have good teams again and consistant playoff and state championship contenders but some things don't add up in my opinion. I won't even mention the whole "Cover Up" Scandal. But that is just my opinion.

Dear biscuit: Thanks for you opinion!

You do know this is the 4th State Championsip in SMHS history right?

I guess we moved the girls golf team and volleyball team into the area too.

Can you tell me where G.Morgan played before SMHS?

We did have some transfers but I think our biggest sucess has been our coaching staff in football.

With four state titles, Signal Mountain is tied for 17th statewide for most championships in all sports since 2000 and the school is already tied for 32nd all-time in the TSSAA for the most state titles by one school.

Edited by realmenwearred

Dear biscuit: Thanks for you opinion!

You do know this is the 4th State Championsip in SMHS history right?

I guess we moved the girls golf team and volleyball team into the area too.

Can you tell me where G.Morgan played before SMHS?

We did have some transfers but I think our biggest sucess has been our coaching staff in football.

With four state titles, Signal Mountain is tied for 17th statewide for most championships in all sports since 2000 and the school is already tied for 32nd all-time in the TSSAA for the most state titles by one school.

I'm glad SMMHS has had such success so early. That's great. What concerns me is the fanbase is turning off others who don't support SM because the fans are so prone to brag about the school'a achievements. Other successful schools don't spend anywhere near as much time on here bragging about how successful they are. I think the old advise "Act like you've been here before" is particularly appropriate.

Believe me, people have already taken notice of the wonderful accomplishments of the school--you don't need to boast about it.