Signal Mountain 4A 2011-2012

Dodge

I don't know about black and red. But black and orange is not hated as much as they are respected by purple and gold, even though it may seem like it. It would mean way more for Seq to beat SP for obvious reasons. I am elated to see SP is back on the schedule. I wished the whole SVC teams would be what it once was years ago.

I would agree but the SVC teams will not until until Whitwell becomes relavent again. I would even go as far a Sequ. Co. dropping them. It does nothing for our team to play them. Only thing that can be got is injuries. We need a quality team at least until Whitwell seems to be back on track.

What do peaple expect, you not to take a donation, grant, or funding from some type of booster?

We have been blessed pretty well up here with an awesome community.

Alot of our mountain athletes and booster money goes 1 of the many private schools here in Chattanooga. And all of them are top notch schools.:thumb:

There will always be haters if you win and Greenville has its share, someone always gets more than the other guy!

Glad to be in 4a this year, we will have to get our feet wet, but with our coaching staff I expect them to do dive right in. I think we will do ok. Our school still growing in leaps and bounds.

We might see each other in the playoffs this year. I watched the SM game and you all looked pretty good. Congats on your gold ball.

So what your saying is we are just hated right, not respected at all.

Old Pirate feels most folkes have seen what SP has done for decades against much bigger programs winning rather consistantly. The enrollment is currently about 225 and it mystifies most folkes how they do what they do with what numbers they have.

When the school @ SM was tagged to be built most new it would take off quickly. That said OP feels folkes respect SM success but also feel they were given an easy path with enrollment figured the way it is. OP says SM will hurt some folkes feelings in 4A.

Old Pirate feels most folkes have seen what SP has done for decades against much bigger programs winning rather consistantly. The enrollment is currently about 225 and it mystifies most folkes how they do what they do with what numbers they have.

When the school @ SM was tagged to be built most new it would take off quickly. That said OP feels folkes respect SM success but also feel they were given an easy path with enrollment figured the way it is. OP says SM will hurt some folkes feelings in 4A.

Agreed, about all OP. I have been watchin SP play for years and have always loved watching y'all playball. If we are off, I goto your schedule 1st to see if your home, Sequatchie 2nd and Red Bank 3rd. I my have to throw Trousdale County in the mix right after y'all from know on! And yes I am very excited about playing this "big" ball next year. I've always been perplexed with your quality of ball and the number is students. Guess those Grider folks and assistance just coach really good fb! You guys could win alot of games in 3a/4a without a doubt!

Agreed, about all OP. I have been watchin SP play for years and have always loved watching y'all playball. If we are off, I goto your schedule 1st to see if your home, Sequatchie 2nd and Red Bank 3rd. I my have to throw Trousdale County in the mix right after y'all from know on! And yes I am very excited about playing this "big" ball next year. I've always been perplexed with your quality of ball and the number is students. Guess those Grider folks and assistance just coach really good fb! You guys could win alot of games in 3a/4a without a doubt!

So won't SM and SP be fishing from the same talent pool? If so how will SM's success affect SP?

So won't SM and SP be fishing from the same talent pool? If so how will SM's success affect SP?

NO barb to totally different communties. Almost a hour apart from each other. Best 1a program in TN bar none. If yall ever get a chance to come and watch a home game in South Pitt, you need to. Great atmosphere, we are keeping them on the schedule and we may get out butts handed to us on any year. They are that good!

2011 Signal Mountain Eagles

Week0 East Hamilton AA

Week1 Tyner AA

Week2 @Bledsoe Co. AA *

Week3 @Blackman AAA

Week4 Grundy Co. AA *

Week5 South Pittsburg A

Week6 Notre Dame AA *

Week7 @Polk Co. AA

Week8 Chatt Christian AA *

Week9 Open

Week10 @Sequatchie Co. AA *

* District Game

Won't swear to it, but believe this is correct.

Anybody want to accuse us of ducking the competion now? :twisted:

So what your saying is we are just hated right, not respected at all.

[/quote

Perhaps, I should have been a little clearer. I can't say if Seq Co hates Sm or if they respect them, not enough history. Having lived in this valley all my life and playing SP in high school, they are hated to some degree but are respected just the same. SP has been on top as long as I can remember and that's over 40 years. That little town just finds away to stay there and that's how you earn respect. SM has no doubt earn a piece of that respect but, still has a way to go to stand by SP IMO. So, sorry if I upset anyone.

I would agree but the SVC teams will not until until Whitwell becomes relavent again. I would even go as far a Sequ. Co. dropping them. It does nothing for our team to play them. Only thing that can be got is injuries. We need a quality team at least until Whitwell seems to be back on track.

Except for SP the valley has been down for years, all not just Whitwell. Whitwell beat us in 06 and 07, that's not that long ago. Seq, Bledsoe and Grundy looks to be on the come back and have stable coaching, which is the key if you ask me. Marion was just as bad if not worse of an opponent as Whitwell this year and will probably be next year too. I personally think we need to keep Whitwell if at all possible.