Signal Mountain 4A 2011-2012

Dodge

oh goodness, if red bank wouldve had to play signal this year, oh man that wouldve been a complete and total nightmare for the lions which isnt anything new to the eagles having to tame those inferior beasts

we've already got yall beat in a few categories...

SM education vs. RB education- SM

SM facilities vs. RB facilites- SM

SM football vs. RB football- no contest

Gotta give those SM parents credit--they don't mind bragging

I follow Sequatchie Co. football and I am a fan. I think it was Smart on Signal Mnt. Part to decide to play up to 4a. They give strength to district 7aa, and another 4a team. Sequatchie and Bledsoe will give signal all they can handle next year and it will be some good games. Best of Luck Signal and cant wait till week 10. Sequatchie should be better then they were this year.

I follow Sequatchie Co. football and I am a fan. I think it was Smart on Signal Mnt. Part to decide to play up to 4a. They give strength to district 7aa, and another 4a team. Sequatchie and Bledsoe will give signal all they can handle next year and it will be some good games. Best of Luck Signal and cant wait till week 10. Sequatchie should be better then they were this year.

That is what I have heard also. I heard Seq and Bledsoe will be strong this year. We still have a great QB coming up, he should give us alot to cheer about this year. Our RB still look great also, I hate to see Darion,Rell and Donnie leave but our backs will still be strong very strong! Looking forward to great games this year. Classifications don't really matter, look at South Pitt, Alcoa, and Seq Cty. Any of these teams could beat you on any night. :ph34r:

That is what I have heard also. I heard Seq and Bledsoe will be strong this year. We still have a great QB coming up, he should give us alot to cheer about this year. Our RB still look great also, I hate to see Darion,Rell and Donnie leave but our backs will still be strong very strong! Looking forward to great games this year. Classifications don't really matter, look at South Pitt, Alcoa, and Seq Cty. Any of these teams could beat you on any night. :ph34r:

Who is the QB who will replace Whitmire?

whats everyone thinking about for the eagles next year. only losing about 8 or 9 starters on offense and defense. Reese Phillips will be replacing the Hogan Whitmire. every other position will be filled by athletes who can easily step to the challenge

Whitmire did a great job this year and is a legitimate prospect. Raw and on the hoof, Reese Phillip has similar speed and agility, but in a bigger body. He will have a much greater physical presence and a stronger arm as a Senior....However, Whitmire had a great deal of playing savvy, especially for a high school kid. When he had to thread the needle he could throw a bullet, but could also loft a touch pass to his taller receivers and let the go up and get the ball. I have complete confidence in Phillips having the physical tools, however his on field maturity (game management) is a unknown variable. Of course he will no doubt get more reps in practice with Price this spring and fall than the other area QB's will get in their entire high school career. Price out-works the competition. They work hard in the weight room. he transformed many kids I dismissed as turds with weights. He has a host of backs and up and coming talent. Kids who want to associate themselves with the best and win will be drawn in like flies. Any kids tough enough to take what Price dishes out, gets good.

Whining is exactly what you are doing. You whined this year when our enrollment jumped enough for us to be a 3A school but we were still playing in 2A. Of course there wasn't anything we could do since thats where we were and the TSSAA wasn't going to evaluate enrollment again until now. But wait what was your argument? Oh, wasn't it we should have known 3 years ago what our enrollment was going to be and played in that classification. Now lets see your back on here whining because we went ahead and moved to 4A because our enrollment might put us there in two years. Funny that no matter what we do you find a reason to whine about it.

Since it's the season of giving I'll give you some advice. Get a life and quit whining about what SM is doing and focus on your team. :flower:

Just for the record since we are just now moving to the 3A/4A thread, half(5)of the teams we played in regular season this year were in a higher classification, yours being one of them. And correct me if I'm wrong but we mercy ruled every one of them. :thumb:

One other point to make......The increased enrollment at Signal Mountain was not solicited or wanted if the truth be known. When the yellow hounds rolled into SM for the first time this year, it was with the worst student element that Howard could unload..... When Hamilton County got a Black school superintendent and news clips of Black leadership talking about "that all white high school on Signal Mountain" began appearing I new what was coming. Not whining, that's just the America we live in....but don't act like we wanted the 150 criminals that are being force feed into our school. Diversity is great when its voluntary, the few black kids we had in 09 all wanted to be here. The black kids forced up here by busing in 2010 are the increase everyone that shifted our classification. Of these new students, I think one played football, but was kicked off the team for disciplinary issues. The truth ain't always pretty, but the situation is what it is...... If the schools think its an issue, then maybe they can absorb the "out of district" students we have. I promise it won't effect the potential of our sports teams a bit, only our classification.

Just a couple of random replies.

We have Polk Co. and Tyner both scheduled as non-district games next year.:ph34r:

Reece Phillips is a Junior next year. :shock:

All but one of our starting O-line returns; receiving corp intact (minus Phillips); Bowman, Price, and Hall return at running back. Defense continues to improve and will be stronger, bigger, faster, and more aggressive next year.:shock:

Yes, some all of us on Signal brag gloat and complain whine sometimes; but it's hard not to when you's as good as we are, and everbody's out to git ya. :roflolk:

If you get technical about it, there is only (1) 4A team in the district Signal is going in to (Notre Dame). Bledsoe, Sequatchie, Grundy and CCS are all in 3A. Signal has already beaten Sequatchie and CCS. They will make the playoffs but that's when the problems start. They could go undefeated in the district with 1 or 2 losses and still end up playing really tough teams in the second round (Red Bank, Fulton, Gibbs, etc). It would be hard to see a deep playoff run by next years team unless Bill Price comes up with some new studs for next season... Which leads me to my next point?

How exactly do you "reload" in high school? It's not like you have scholarships to give out... Usually teams become perennial winners through middle school programs and getting younger kids (9-10 graders) playing time (JV or even some Varsity action). Ya'll do seem to get some pretty athletic, football playing transfers though... :D

I'm glad Signal Mountain is the only school in America that has kids transfer to be involved in a winning program. I'm sure other area schools have way to much integrity to accept transfers.........Ridiculous argument. I will say that Price is a grow your own man......Mandatory workouts at 5:00 am everyday before school have a way of turning zeroes into heroes. This above anything else was the difference maker this year. I think it will continue to fuel SM dominance.......exponentially. The Eagles work every bit as hard as I did at the college level. Where are all these super-stud transfers....we were smaller than every team we beat in the playoffs.

INDIAN:

I do agree that the 2009 Seq. vs SMHS game was a great game. (ya'll almost got us!) The Times Free Press are a bunch of retards, thats why I don't waste my money on it. And I really think this is a great site to talk HS football. We are so lucky to have so much good HS football in the area. Everyone talks about South Pitts Beene stadium and Trousdale County's creek bank. I agree these are cool places to go play football with great atmosphere! But I love coming to the Valley and playing at one of the best stadiums in the area. I love the Indians stadium. Its a great place to play, good folks, and I hope that eventually we can get our stadium up to that level. I venture off the the northern side of the Mtn. to watch the Indians play if we are off and yall are home. So just remember that ya'll still have some Mtn fans (when we are off or not playing ya!) Hope the Indians have a great season and I am looking forward to coming back to the valley to watch football in one of my favorite places. (and hey, as far as ducking Alcoa, did you goto Cookeville and watch Alcoa University play?)

Disclaimer to the Alcoa fans: That may be one of the finest football programs I have ever watched, and I was watching the coaching staff on the sidelines with the team as it left the field as much as the game. Alcoa fans, If ya'll ever change what is going on at that HS football program, you should be shot! They are awesome!

That's what kills me, Besides Price the only other guy in this area (that I know of) that knows squat is the guy at S. Pittsburg. You would think the city would be glad to finally have somebody come in that knows what he's doing. I would actually like to see other teams in the region with decent Coaching so the games are not so boring. There is reason UT has to recruit so many players out of State. The level of play in Chatt especially has not been very good. The winds of change are a blowin, and Price is that wind....

I know there's a middle school thread, but I want to congratulate all the young fellers selected for the Hamilton County Athletic Conference's middle school Division A all-county team.

A special congratulation to the five Signal Mountain players: Harrison Moon, John Wilson, Christopher Feemster, Ryan McCaffrey, and Hunter VanDyken.:thumb: :thumb: