Livingston Academy vs Jackson Co.-comments?

rabbitranch

I listened to the second half of the game and at half time it was 27-25 . . JC scored 44 in the second half to LA's 23 . . It seemed every LA posession JC was either deflecting the ball or taking it the other way for a lay up. . sounded like to me JC was playing some good D! Wish I could've been at the game! I sat in my car for 30 minutes just to finish the game . . Hope the boys keep this up . . Good too see Drew and Jordan both being agressive . . they both shot ALOT of free throws and made most! Good job fellas! Keep it up!

You know i'll take a popcorn and a sprite at any ball game! lol We all know that LA has a very very good team and most feel like our boys were fortunate to win and maybe so. Its not often that someone goes into LA and wins let alone by 23 points. Especially from the Upper Cumberland area and that speaks volumes about the program there. Richard does a great job and he has some great players to work with as well. We know when we play them its an uphill battle for us but our kids played great and Coach Flynn had a great game plan and our kids are finally buying in to what we have been teaching them. I will say that this group of seniors that play for JC and their supporting cast have never lost to this group from LA when they were the "senior" members of the team. In 6th grade they beat them 3 times by double digits every time, and in the 8th grade they beat them as well so they know they can play with them. Now does that mean JC is going to win the next time they play? No it definitely does not, heck it doesn't even mean we will win our next game, but it also doesn't mean they won't or can't. I'm sure the next time these two teams play it will be intense and our boys know that it will again be a tough test, but if we can beat LA at Livingston we can win anywhere! Maybe next time we will have a rowdy crowd for both games, not just the girls!! Tell Rocking Chair i said hello when you see him!:thumb:

LA starts 2 seniors. So all this talk about what JC did in 8th grade or 6th grade is completely irrelevant. Those 2 seniors didn't even attend the same school. I'm certain all this is how teams fared when your kid was in the 6th and 8th grade. I'm saying LA's 2 starting seniors didn't play together against JC. Not to say JC won't win the next game too.

• Upvote 1

I hate to take away from JC's effort cause they did show up to play! But these seniors could not have won every meeting cause LA's team is compiled from Rickman, LMS, Allons, and Hilham. So these kids didnt play together till high school and we all know they have dominated this area! Good game, Melton and the Wildcats will be ready for revenge!! :popcorneater:

I listened to the second half of the game and at half time it was 27-25 . . JC scored 44 in the second half to LA's 23 . . It seemed every LA posession JC was either deflecting the ball or taking it the other way for a lay up. . sounded like to me JC was playing some good D! Wish I could've been at the game! I sat in my car for 30 minutes just to finish the game . . Hope the boys keep this up . . Good too see Drew and Jordan both being agressive . . they both shot ALOT of free throws and made most! Good job fellas! Keep it up!

Keep in mind this was against LA's 3rd string! that explains most the deflections and agressivness! :mrgreen:

Keep in mind this was against LA's 3rd string! that explains most the deflections and agressivness! :mrgreen:

I've be away for awhile and had to do some cathing up on the posts and i've seen where you wrote this twice. You are in denial i think. Did they play their 3rd string against Marshall County too? Cause these same kids played against them so i guess LA just plays its so called "3rd string" in ever game huh? You're one of those fans that just can't accept the fact that you got beat and beat bad!!! Your girls got beat and that was their ONLY chance to win a game against JC and your boys got BEAT badly on their floor and your STARTERS got BEATEN badly and the rest of the team that played got BEAT. So do us all a favor and QUIT WHIING!!!!

I've be away for awhile and had to do some cathing up on the posts and i've seen where you wrote this twice. You are in denial i think. Did they play their 3rd string against Marshall County too? Cause these same kids played against them so i guess LA just plays its so called "3rd string" in ever game huh? You're one of those fans that just can't accept the fact that you got beat and beat bad!!! Your girls got beat and that was their ONLY chance to win a game against JC and your boys got BEAT badly on their floor and your STARTERS got BEATEN badly and the rest of the team that played got BEAT. So do us all a favor and QUIT WHIING!!!!

Our starters were down by 2 at halftime after playing a pitiful excuse of a first half. They remained on the bench the entire third quarter while the second and third unit proceeded to get thrashed. Evidently our coach was trying to prove a point to these boys and sacrificed the game in the meantime. That's what most of the whining is about I think. We will see how it goes the next go round!

As far as the girls game goes, yeah we got beat! Probably by a better team. No whining here on that!

You know i'll take a popcorn and a sprite at any ball game! lol We all know that LA has a very very good team and most feel like our boys were fortunate to win and maybe so. Its not often that someone goes into LA and wins let alone by 23 points. Especially from the Upper Cumberland area and that speaks volumes about the program there. Richard does a great job and he has some great players to work with as well. We know when we play them its an uphill battle for us but our kids played great and Coach Flynn had a great game plan and our kids are finally buying in to what we have been teaching them. I will say that this group of seniors that play for JC and their supporting cast have never lost to this group from LA when they were the "senior" members of the team. In 6th grade they beat them 3 times by double digits every time, and in the 8th grade they beat them as well so they know they can play with them. Now does that mean JC is going to win the next time they play? No it definitely does not, heck it doesn't even mean we will win our next game, but it also doesn't mean they won't or can't. I'm sure the next time these two teams play it will be intense and our boys know that it will again be a tough test, but if we can beat LA at Livingston we can win anywhere! Maybe next time we will have a rowdy crowd for both games, not just the girls!! Tell Rocking Chair i said hello when you see him!:thumb:

Devil, Big breaking news at LA right now. Huge!

Devil, Big breaking news at LA right now. Huge!

Yep...Huge breaking news is right! Overton Co. Board and director finally accomplished what they have been trying to do since what 05? believe that is when he was hired 05-06 season...Since then this has been in the works and they finally got it done today...Sad day if you love basketball because a great coach was lost....

Yep...Huge breaking news is right! Overton Co. Board and director finally accomplished what they have been trying to do since what 05? believe that is when he was hired 05-06 season...Since then this has been in the works and they finally got it done today...Sad day if you love basketball because a great coach was lost....

Good coach no doubt, when he coached! As the old saying goes"If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging." M just didn't stop digging. Everything was self-inflicted by M. Miller will do a great job. Just might suprise some people. Go HOG-EYE!

Good coach no doubt, when he coached! As the old saying goes"If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging." M just didn't stop digging. Everything was self-inflicted by M. Miller will do a great job. Just might suprise some people. Go HOG-EYE!

Miller is just a local favorite, what coaching experience does he really have? The powers that be in Overton Co. just fired the best mens basketball coach they ever had, seems i remember them doing that to the girls coach as well. Must be alot of good coaches in the bleachers over there, i sure wouldn't want the job. Guess they will fire the new coach in January when LA gets beat again in Gainesboro huh? :popcorneater:

Livingston may have just lost their greatest boys coach to ever come through their doors. I wish Jimmy the best, but I bet he wishes he couldn't have gotten the job on different terms. Doesn't look good on the county the way things went down. Sad day in Livingston. The team will be fine, they are getting into the weaker portion of their schedule and will be fine by playoff time.

I just don't understand how a Director of Schools can say I am going to suspend you indefinitely because the school board members didn't like your facial expressions or the way you had your leg crossed during the game the other night and they want your resignation. Really? Sad that my tax dollars goes to this guy's $70,000 salary when he doesn't do anything other than what a few board members want him to do.

However, The Livingston fans need to continue to support the team and interim Coach Jimmy Miller. Best of luck to both teams in tonight's games