Why did CoachT shut down the Maryville v. Smyrna thread?

EarlVolFan

Yes it is great , only wish i had known about the ignore option a loooonnng time ago .... I guess that is the one thing bladerunner did good on here by letting us know about it !!lol

Sorry Pep ... I should have told you about the "ignore option" a long time ago. Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas. I'm glad to call you friend.

Edited by GovMan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure were talking a lot of smack before the Maryville vs Smyrna game. You were calling Maryville the Boise State of High School football. You said the real state title game was Smyrna vs Blackman. I also remember reading Volnation. On the High School board a Smyrna fan said Maryville was the Boise State of High School football. I wonder if that was you.

all of those things were said for sure ,however, none of those things were said by me. go back and read the thread. most of my comments to the maryville posters were pertaining to comparing the schedules that the teams played (which really seamed to get under everyones skin) my other post were really just replying to all the alcoa people who were stuck on name calling.

all in all it was a lot of fun. the best team won. and i hope we get a chance to do it again nxt year !

bladerunner ,

If every Maryville fan apologizes to you for all the terrible things that the Rebels have done to you in your lifetime , will you quit stalking our threads and constantly trying to pick fights with our fans ? I could understand your behavior if your team was a non factor , but Oak Ridge fans now should be excited about their own team and not having to resort to stalking and trolling another team . You've asked what is trolling and stalking in the past , anyone who follows a team because they hate that team and resorts to trying to upset their fans .... trolling .... anyone who posts more on the team's thread they hate than they post on their own team's threads ... that's stalking . Most Maryville fans would welcome talking to an Oak Ridge fan , and probably even respect their opinion . Trying to find any angle to antagonize Maryville fans and friends , like you are now with Govman , has to get old and boring . Maybe it's time for you to give this role up , and become a normal fan that can discuss Football issues now that your team has proven they're on the way back up to prominence . Nearly everyone on here knows and respects Govman , and by you being so desperate to play your role that you are trying to drag him down with you , you have no idea how silly you're making yourself look .

Americanbulldog ,

I don't think you really want to go there , I wasn't going to bring this up but since you want to try and put the Maryville fans down , here goes . Maryville has made it to the State Championship game every year but 2 years since 1997 . Maybe you need to sit back and let that sink in a little bit . I've been on CoachT at least 10 years ( been a posting member since 2002 ) , and every year we have made it to the final there has been some great threads between us and Melrose , Hillsboro , White Station , Maplewood ( even Boski was alright ) .....there was mutual respect and we all walked away impressed with each other ..... Smyrna , thanks to you and others , decided from the get go to disrespect Maryville . Maryville fans didn't even know how to react to such blatant disrespect since it has been so long since a team has disrespected us . I know Smyrna had a few good fans on here , but most chose to act like they had " never been there before " ! This was surprising to all Maryville fans I knew since you guys had won 2 in a row . I hope that if Maryville & Smyrna do meet again in the future , you guys will show a little more respect ... if you do , we will have a very nice thread with mutual respect and we can talk some good football .

show respect and you will get it in return. every time a smyrna fan tried to talk football some one from maryville or alcoa would call them a childish name (like idiot ,troll ,ghetto , fat ect...) and yr right it would be nice to talk football with with mutual respect. so go back and find a post made by me on the maryville vs smyrna thread that was disrespectful and post it on here. if it is disrespectful i will appologize for it.