Best in Chattanooga

icecold06

you better put Howard at #1 before T-Mac comes on here even though two of these five have already defeated Howard

...Right now Red Bank is #1 at the end of December...Howard is a top five team but on a given night either one of these teams are capable of beating Red Bank (or each other)...In two(2) weeks on Jan.4th we play at Red Bank and it will be a 'huge' District game...I believe our district(seeding) will be determined in the last week of the regular season!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you better put Howard at #1 before T-Mac comes on here even though two of these five have already defeated Howard

rotflmbo!!! whats a thread without T-Mac??? you are right two of the teams have beat Howard but like i said Howard will be better in the second Half not to mention He put a team in the top 5 thay Howard beat by 17!!! but no disrespect to Tyner...but cmon IceCold im use to everyone on this board not giving Howard their respect...year in and year out u guys always want another team to be better than Howard but give it up because Howard has dominated this city for a long time

rotflmbo!!! whats a thread without T-Mac??? you are right two of the teams have beat Howard but like i said Howard will be better in the second Half not to mention He put a team in the top 5 thay Howard beat by 17!!! but no disrespect to Tyner...but cmon IceCold im use to everyone on this board not giving Howard their respect...year in and year out u guys always want another team to be better than Howard but give it up because Howard has dominated this city for a long time

I was just picking with you in my last post. I have nothing against Howard. As a CSAS im not worried about Howard, Tyner, Red Bank, ooltewah or MCCallie because they have absolutely no sayso in whether or not CSAS makes it back to Murfreesboro. I hope all these teams make noise in their respective divisions. Just think if if two or 3 chattanooga teams win the state in their classes then we can shut Memphis up for at least a year

...Right now Red Bank is #1 at the end of December...Howard is a top five team but on a given night either one of these teams are capable of beating Red Bank (or each other)...In two(2) weeks on Jan.4th we play at Red Bank and it will be a 'huge' District game...I believe our district(seeding) will be determined in the last week of the regular season!!!

I am not sure about all the Chattanooga teams, but I saw Nashville CPA handled Red Bank pretty handily last week at the Beech Tournament in Hendersonville. Ross was pretty good, but after putting in 48 against a good A Summertown team, CPA held him to only 14 with a smothering man to man defense all over the court.

Nashville East Literature plays CSAS on Saturday. That may provide more information on the quality of Chattanooga and Nashville basketball this year.

...As big a game as Red Bank vs. Howard was on Saturday night 01/08/2011, no score was reported in either the Times-Free Press or Chattanooga.com; Alright, T-mac who won??? ...the winner is currently No.1 in District 6-AA !!!

Howard won in overtime in a game that shouldnt have even been close that particular night...on 3 different times Howard went up by 12 and with bad passes and 3 pointers Red Bank got Hot and got back into the game...Howard is getting better but still has room...I dont know if the coaches read these blogs but to Coach McGary I wanna say keep your head up...dont let ignorance distract you from doing the great things that you have done for that community dating back to your time at Alton Park Middle...I know I have been critical at times but the fans went to far last Saturday...I wanna be the first to say that YOU are the BEST COACH in this CITY!!! Hands down, no1 is even close and right now you are working a miracle with this team and those kids are playing hard for you and thats all that should matter

• 2 weeks later...

this thread has died down but i guess now people see what i mean when i say there are really no solid teams in chattanooga this year...look at the top five teams people were placing on the list...there is no clear favorite for top five...Howard was laughed at put then rolled off some wins then lost two in a row one to a team they already beat...but the third night beating a team that they lost to and winning by 13 and the paper read that howard was to strong in the inside for CSAS but i remember someone saying that CSAS was equal to them in the inside...WHERE ARE YOU?

this thread has died down but i guess now people see what i mean when i say there are really no solid teams in chattanooga this year...look at the top five teams people were placing on the list...there is no clear favorite for top five...Howard was laughed at put then rolled off some wins then lost two in a row one to a team they already beat...but the third night beating a team that they lost to and winning by 13 and the paper read that howard was to strong in the inside for CSAS but i remember someone saying that CSAS was equal to them in the inside...WHERE ARE YOU?

lol we've been waiting for you. Good win Saturday. I didnt make the comment about the inside game though. but you were right about Howard winning good luck on the rest of the season. Hope to see you all up here in Murfreesboro

Just because everyone in Chattanooga is beating each other doesn't mean that there are no solid teams in the area. It just means that there is some parity and that these kids enjoy playing with pride as they did in the past. Red Bank, Tyner, Howard are all state calibur teams and will have their chance to prove themselves but CSAS has the inside tract and the advantage because they don't have to be good enough to win the "city championship" (which they are)just good enough to make it and WIN the STATE in Single A (which they can).

CSAS is probably the only school in Chattanooga with a legitimate shot at a state title.

Your absolutely right and that is only because their division is weak...thats why i say the city is weak...Tyner and Redbank dont have the post to win and Howard doesnt have the guard play...now Red Bank can get hot and make a run but i seriously doubt it