Greeneville 2011

FormerDevil

It's early, but I'm curious as to what we can expect next year. We are losing quite a bit of fire power in Willie and BJ, but we are returning most of our D, which is what really won the championship for us this year. What will our weapons be on offense? Also, I know we have Alcoa, MoWest, and Science Hill for out of conference, but who will the fourth game be against?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's early, but I'm curious as to what we can expect next year. We are losing quite a bit of fire power in Willie and BJ, but we are returning most of our D, which is what really won the championship for us this year. What will our weapons be on offense? Also, I know we have Alcoa, MoWest, and Science Hill for out of conference, but who will the fourth game be against?

Tillery, Hollowell and Wilson had some nice grabs this year...Shuffler is scary fast.So is Stewart and can throw the ball a bit. I'd love to see Perkins or Rambo run it up the gut on short yardage situations. Most effective weapon returning will still be Ben Ogle. Nothing like pinning an opponent back on the 20 to give an already stout defense an edge.

Gville D will be one of best in state again. Gville O will get the job done one the ground and passing wise. I could see Shuffler and Perkins rotating in and out at running back. and Shuffler playing receiver when Perkins is in the back field. Tanner Stewart will be pushed by a soph, Finchum, at the QB position. Stewrt will get the job but needs to work on throwing during off season. Receivers will be fine and O line will be as good or better than last years. You give Shuffler a inch and he'll be gone. Give Perkins the ball and its a guaranteed 5 yards, if not more. Next years team will be faster than this years. The D will improve and the O will get it done. Expect good things. Ballard will get everything ready.

2011 might be a matter of how strong some of the teams around the state are.It will be huge to lose what Greeneville does but they should still be very strong.Greeneville put it on South pretty much without Carmichael and will have a big part of the defense back.Santa brought my 2010 Greeneville football hoodie,so I'm ready to catch a game or two.That green will be pretty gaudy at my DB games,but I'll have to wear it every now and then as a reminder of work that needs finishing in the playoffs for DB as well.

• 2 weeks later...

:thumb:

Gville D will be one of best in state again. Gville O will get the job done one the ground and passing wise. I could see Shuffler and Perkins rotating in and out at running back. and Shuffler playing receiver when Perkins is in the back field. Tanner Stewart will be pushed by a soph, Finchum, at the QB position. Stewrt will get the job but needs to work on throwing during off season. Receivers will be fine and O line will be as good or better than last years. You give Shuffler a inch and he'll be gone. Give Perkins the ball and its a guaranteed 5 yards, if not more. Next years team will be faster than this years. The D will improve and the O will get it done. Expect good things. Ballard will get everything ready.

Agreed I dont see Greeneville slowing down, repeat is possible with the group we have coming back. :thumb:

Edited by IRONHORSE7

I heard in the field house sullivan south wants to schedule again

Tillery, Hollowell and Wilson had some nice grabs this year...Shuffler is scary fast.So is Stewart and can throw the ball a bit. I'd love to see Perkins or Rambo run it up the gut on short yardage situations. Most effective weapon returning will still be Ben Ogle. Nothing like pinning an opponent back on the 20 to give an already stout defense an edge.

What about the big guy that played some fullback for two years but only blocked. He is big and fast. 250 pounds and ran a 4.8 forty at Oak Ridge combine. He also was all-state at defensive end this year. Just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What about the big guy that played some fullback for two years but only blocked. He is big and fast. 250 pounds and ran a 4.8 forty at Oak Ridge combine. He also was all-state at defensive end this year. Just a thought.

I just read a couple of posts on a Wildcat message board that Jamel Hall has an offer from Kentucky. Is there any truth to this?

I just read a couple of posts on a Wildcat message board that Jamel Hall has an offer from Kentucky. Is there any truth to this?

I don't know that an actual offer has been extended yet, but UK is very interested. Hall is an intriguing prospect, in part because of what position he will fit at. A little short for the desired height/arm length for your typical DE in the SEC, and maybe a step slow for LB. It will be interesting to see how he works out in the backfield more than part time and at LB, if indeed Ballard plays him there full time.

All I know is that I love watching him play. I saw football games all across the Southeast last year from Virginia to Florida to Mississippi, including a powerful South Panola team, and Hall would have been an impact starter at any of those schools. He's just relentless, and plays at 100 MPH until the whistle blows. I saw Greeneville 3 times, and Hall had a huge impact every time, including the Trezvant game where he vaporized their QB early in the game.

In contrast, I saw Lamar Dawson play once, and came away seriously underwhelmed. I expected a player with his hype and physique to dominate the game. Instead, in a state semi-final game against an undefeated Bell Co. team, you couldn't have picked him out of the lineup if not for his size. He passed the look test with flying colors, but was very sluggish and looked downright confused at times in a game where I expected him to kick #### and not bother taking names. I'm sure that Dawson is much better than that, but it was a disappointing performance.