All Blount County Team Named

MHS82

First of all, congratulations to all who made the All County Team. It was a great year for Blount County Football.

Can anyone tell me how the athletes are chosen for the team? Is there a certain quota per team? I see some real points to argue (ex. How can someone make all state and not make All-Blount Co Team?) but that is not the purpose of this post.

Help me understand the process....Is this the coaches, the Daily Times, or peer selection?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider the source. The Maryville daily fish wrap is horrible for local sports. I doubt they know most of the kids and am surprised they spelled the names correctly. Had to be a cut and paste.

Afraid I have to agree. A shame that Brice can't do more freelance for them. Noticed that some of the stats were incorrect and others had no stats at all. But to state it more positively, Blount Today only publishes 2x a week with one writer and manages to give really good game and behind the scenes coverage. Stefan Cooper is awesome.

I think the Daily Times spends way too much effort selling papers in Monroe County than they do covering Blount County Sports. Unfortunately, I know more about Meth labs, incest, and murders in Monroe Co than I care to know...Thanks a lot Daily Times! I agree Fatherreb...The Blount Today does a much better job of covering sports in BC.

From Today's Daily Times...

Noah Bachman Heritage 15.5 Punt avg.

Je'rell Bledsoe, Heritage, 281 yds rec., 1 TD, 1 Int., 1 deflection

Lane Bloom,WB, 75 Tackles, 6 for loss

Evan Brown, HHS, 77 Tackles, 34 for loss, 15 sacks

Michael Brown, WB, OL

jon-Luc click, HHS, 96 tackles, 9 for loss, 1 sack, 2 INts, 1 fumble rec.

Chase Cline, HHS, 703 yd Rushing, 227 Rec, 5 TDs, 40 tackles, 2 Int

Brad Cooper, WB, 32 Tackles, 7 for loss, 5 sacks

Greg Cook, WB, 500 yds Rushing, 7 TDs

Jarod Crenshaw, Alcoa, 94 tackles, 4 sacks, 8 for loss

Derek evans, Alcoa

Chase everett, HHS, 214 Rec, 2 Tds

Jay Guillermo, MHS, 29 pancakes

Brandon Guy, MHS, 80+ grade, 41 pancakes

Jalyn Haley, HHS, 224 Rec, 17 tackles

Vanderbilt Hambrick AHS, 1512 Rushing 12 Tds

Tyler Hartley, HHS, 1296 passing, 11Tds

Jonivan Henry AHS, 66 tackles, 9 for loss, 9 sacks

Desmund Horne, MHS, 33 receptions, 596 yds, 4 tds

Maurice Hurd, WB, 28 tackles,3 Ints

Steven Isom, AHS, 32 receptions 887 yds, 12 Tds

caleb Mangum, AHS

Jordan Patrick, AHS, 67 Tackles, 5 for loss, 3.5 sacks

Shawn Prevo, MHS, 890 yds, 17 TDs

Patton Robinette, MHS, 104 of 152, 1801 yds, 21 TD/ 1 Int, 917 yds rushing, 11 tds

Stian Romberg, MHS, 101 tackles, 4 ints, 20 receptions for 291 yds, 5 TDS

Hunter SaundersWB, 2 Ints, 1 TD, 400 yd rec., 2 tds

Zach Sharp, MHS, 70-72 pAT, 10-13 FGs

Autin Tallant, AHS, 51 of 82 1265 yds, 15 TDs/ 3 Ints, 155 yds rushing

Tahrin Tyson, Ahs, 1014 yds, 13 Tds, 6 rec for 111yds

Joseph watson, MHS, 64 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 safety

Dalton Wheeler, WB, 25 tackles, 2 Int

Tommy Wilkinson, MHS, 94 tackles, 1 sac, 2 blocked punts, 1 Int

Chris Willocks WB, 55 tackles, 4 for loss, 1 Int

Coty Willocks, WB, 80 tackles, 14 for loss, 2 Int, 4 sacks

Jay Yoakum, MHS, 101 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 int

Consider the source. The Maryville daily fish wrap is horrible for local sports. I doubt they know most of the kids and am surprised they spelled the names correctly. Had to be a cut and paste.

Tha Mairvul MissPrint iz an awful expensive bird cage liner....Many other smaller papers do a lot moore in prep coverage....All thay want two do iz send a stewdunt writer too cover a lot ov gaims and sit in tha office and publish sum laim AP stories....And the pittyfull thang iz thay haiv such great prep teams rite at thair fangertips....Stefan will ride hiz bike two Knottsvul or whurevur two covur tha teems and thay won't evun drive two covur tham.....Last yeer compairing tha Murfreesboro coverage ov tha Mairvul vs Riverdail gaim wuz laughable....Eye haid two read thair paper two find ennythang...

Edited by STARSNBARS

Does anyone see a more glaring oversight than Jacob West? In my opinion, he is one of the best all-around football players in the county. And he doesn't make the All-County team?

Who else do you all think should have made it? I know there are only so many spots ... not everyone can make the team.

In basketball, the coaches turn in the names of their most deserving players for all county consideration and then I believe the sports staff at the Times uses those names to come up with their team. Typically, on the b-ball all county team, the better your team finishes, the more representatives you get on the team I believe.

Does anyone see a more glaring oversight than Jacob West? In my opinion, he is one of the best all-around football players in the county. And he doesn't make the All-County team?

Who else do you all think should have made it? I know there are only so many spots ... not everyone can make the team.

In basketball, the coaches turn in the names of their most deserving players for all county consideration and then I believe the sports staff at the Times uses those names to come up with their team. Typically, on the b-ball all county team, the better your team finishes, the more representatives you get on the team I believe.

Jacob West, Dalton Curtis,and Brandon Johns (All-State) from Maryville definitely needed consideration for their contributions this year.

8 - Heritage

9 - WB

9 - Alcoa

10 - MHS

Must not be the case for football.