Livingston Academy at Upperman?

N2DEEP

I thought Upperman lost the bulk of that team from last year to graduation. Apparently some of the younger players have stepped up. Not taking anything away from the Bees but I expect the Cats to end up on top of the District when everything is said and done (provided we play hard and quit over looking these teams).

This could be the wake-up call that the Cats needed. Hopefully our players don't take anyone else 2 lightly b/c we have that big target on our back. There's nothing more for the teams in the dist. 2 beat LA as bad as they can. So we better come out every night ready 2 play or we could see a few more of these losses before the season ends.

How many more wake up calls does LA need? They got beat down at home by a much better Jackson County team and now they get their butts handed to them again by Upperman. Looks like LA aint the same ol' "LA" to me. FIRE THE COACH FIRE THE COACH FIRE THE COACH!!!! Oh wait i hear this one has political pull in Overton Co so guess its not his fault like it was the last coach's huh?

• Upvote 1

How many more wake up calls does LA need? They got beat down at home by a much better Jackson County team and now they get their butts handed to them again by Upperman. Looks like LA aint the same ol' "LA" to me. FIRE THE COACH FIRE THE COACH FIRE THE COACH!!!! Oh wait i hear this one has political pull in Overton Co so guess its not his fault like it was the last coach's huh?

'midtensportsfan' is the only person around that if she had her dress pulled up to her waist and her pants pulled to her ankles, the only thing that would be noticed would be her arrogance and ignorance! :roflol:

Edited by rabbitranch

'midtensportsfan' is the only person around that if she had her dress pulled up to her waist and her pants pulled to her ankles, the only thing that would be noticed would be her arrogance and ignorance! :roflol:

Funny how the ignorant are so quick to point out others ignorance. Whats done is done in Livingston, but every basketball fan in the middle Tennessee area has a raised eyebrow on that subject. Although 'midtensportsfan' doesn't choose his words wisely, he is pretty much right on. Those that don't admit that are the ignorant ones. (and thats coming from another Livingston fan)

Funny how the ignorant are so quick to point out others ignorance. Whats done is done in Livingston, but every basketball fan in the middle Tennessee area has a raised eyebrow on that subject. Although 'midtensportsfan' doesn't choose his words wisely, he is pretty much right on. Those that don't admit that are the ignorant ones. (and thats coming from another Livingston fan)

I don't believe I've said we don't have problems at LA. We had problems prior to the coaching change, and yes, we still have problems. I was responding to an idiot 'midtnsportsfan' that has no connection to the LA program. I also realize you're not just any ordinary LA fan, but also a member of the excoach's family.

I don't believe I've said we don't have problems at LA. We had problems prior to the coaching change, and yes, we still have problems. I was responding to an idiot 'midtnsportsfan' that has no connection to the LA program. I also realize you're not just any ordinary LA fan, but also a member of the excoach's family.

It may have happened before but I can not remember a championship winning coach walking away in mid season! There had to be more problems he was having to put up with other than the other teams in the district. I admire him for his coaching ability and he is to good of a coach to not land somewewe else. The problems he had with school adminstrators wanting to run a HS sports program is a problem that other coaches have in the District. IT IS A SHAME !!!!!!

Sorry, but I am not related to any of the excoaches. I do know the excoach, but what does that have to do with my thoughts or your ignorance? I don't know who midtnsportsfan is, so I don't know how much he knows about the program. I agree with you though that Livingston has problems. I also agree with 'Sweetwater', that LA's biggest problem is that Administration/school board want to run the sports programs...

It may have happened before but I can not remember a championship winning coach walking away in mid season! There had to be more problems he was having to put up with other than the other teams in the district. I admire him for his coaching ability and he is to good of a coach to not land somewewe else. The problems he had with school adminstrators wanting to run a HS sports program is a problem that other coaches have in the District. IT IS A SHAME !!!!!!

I hear Smith Co. may be in need of a coach next year. :roflol: It wouldn't be the first time someone from Overton Co. went to Smith to teach! :roflolk: Hats off to the Bees. They played a very good game. They had our number! But it's not the frist time the Bees have downed the Wildcats at Upperman. They beat the ex-coach and his squad 2 years ago! So I guess it can happen to anybody, past or present.

WOW didn't mean to hit a nerve. Lucky for you that I'm not like I was 9 months AGO or I would have told you where you could have stuck that BASKETBALL. As far as JC having a better team keep thinking that, anybody that knows what happened that night knows that the score is no indication of why LA lost by 30 or whatever.The next meeting will be totally different I promise you that. And as far as who coaches the teams at LA, MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO ME AS LONG AS THE FOCUS IS ON THE KIDS AND NOT THE COACH.

WOW didn't mean to hit a nerve. Lucky for you that I'm not like I was 9 months AGO or I would have told you where you could have stuck that BASKETBALL. As far as JC having a better team keep thinking that, anybody that knows what happened that night knows that the score is no indication of why LA lost by 30 or whatever.The next meeting will be totally different I promise you that. And as far as who coaches the teams at LA, MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO ME AS LONG AS THE FOCUS IS ON THE KIDS AND NOT THE COACH.

'Rocking Chair', The last sentence in your post says it all. AMEN! :flower:

Edited by rabbitranch

First off, LA shooting was awful. But that may have been because of the Upperman D. In the 2nd half LA had no discpline on either end of the court. Upperman scored almost at will and LA shot practicaly nothing but 3"s. Down by 9-10 @ half, or whatever it was, was no need to panick. LA was lucky to beat Stone so it may be a lull there in. Cannon should be a good test.

Sorry, but I am not related to any of the excoaches. I do know the excoach, but what does that have to do with my thoughts or your ignorance? I don't know who midtnsportsfan is, so I don't know how much he knows about the program. I agree with you though that Livingston has problems. I also agree with 'Sweetwater', that LA's biggest problem is that Administration/school board want to run the sports programs...

I agree that there are a few negative things that have happened but our real problem--if you want to call it that--is our talent is down a bit. When you lose 3 players in the last 2 years who got college scholarships you must realize we are not going to be as good. When you have 3 players of that caliber on the same team, they are going to set the bar pretty high. That team spoiled us and I doubt we will ever see a team like that again no matter who the coach is!