District 9AA Only

Cleggy

Now that District play is really beginning, who will come out on top in 9AA? White House, Sycamore, and Greenbrier have all been playing good lately. I think it still comes down to Sycamore and White House battling for the title. As I have not seen Sycamore play yet, I am really looking forward to the first game between these two. Sycamore's wins are impressive, especially the one over Wilson Central who dismantled White House early on. Although White House's worse losses this year have been to them and East Lit., I believe that the Devils have really improved. Emerging players include Dylan Dorris (Jr., 6'6"), Taylor Thompson (Jr., 6'0), and Ryan Sizemore (Frosh., 6'1"). Add them to Tyler Hill (Sr.), Taylor Ward (Sr.), Cole Elrod (Sr.), Kenny Layman (Jr.), Casey Tidwell (Sr.), Darrell Crouch (Jr.), and Cody Hall (Sr.) and you have a very deep, talented, and experienced team. The Devils will be ready come tournament time. Let's hear your opinions.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that District play is really beginning, who will come out on top in 9AA? White House, Sycamore, and Greenbrier have all been playing good lately. I think it still comes down to Sycamore and White House battling for the title. As I have not seen Sycamore play yet, I am really looking forward to the first game between these two. Sycamore's wins are impressive, especially the one over Wilson Central who dismantled White House early on. Although White House's worse losses this year have been to them and East Lit., I believe that the Devils have really improved. Emerging players include Dylan Dorris (Jr., 6'6"), Taylor Thompson (Jr., 6'0), and Ryan Sizemore (Frosh., 6'1"). Add them to Tyler Hill (Sr.), Taylor Ward (Sr.), Cole Elrod (Sr.), Kenny Layman (Jr.), Casey Tidwell (Sr.), Darrell Crouch (Jr.), and Cody Hall (Sr.) and you have a very deep, talented, and experienced team. The Devils will be ready come tournament time. Let's hear your opinions.

Well it doesn't look like Greenbrier is gonna be a contender for the district title after all. Sycamore pounded them by 45 last night and it could have been about 60 if they had not taken the press off.

Well it doesn't look like Greenbrier is gonna be a contender for the district title after all. Sycamore pounded them by 45 last night and it could have been about 60 if they had not taken the press off.

They didnt take the press off the whole game. GB had thier scrubs in with 45 secs left and sycamore was still pressing thats why the GB coach got upset and was tossed.

They didnt take the press off the whole game. GB had thier scrubs in with 45 secs left and sycamore was still pressing thats why the GB coach got upset and was tossed.

I hate to burst your bubble but most of Sycamores starters didn't play in the 4th quarter! The coach appeared to be upset about calls and whined at the ref passing him one too many times when he got ejected. He didn't get tossed 45 seconds left in the game it was more like 3 minutes left on the clock. Besides he already got one so he had to know he needed to sit down and shut up before he got a second one and ejection.

I notice Greenbrier beat Cornersville HIgh back in december by 72 to 21 so perhaps it was just justice!

I seem to recall an effort took place to get the sycamore freshman on the board in the last few minutes of the game and he did in fact get fouled and make a free throw.

Sycamore looked good, They had all 11 players score against Greenbrier and 9 scored against Harpeth the next night. They definitely have depth.and played some great team offense in my opinion. The defense did what they needed too it seems.

I too look forward to the Whitehouse game, should be a great one!!!!

Not so fast my friends. Sycamore will run away with this district, but White House is a team I see in a battel for 2nd with Greenbrier. We'll see friday night when Greenbrier and White House play (if it's not canceled). Also don't count out Macon Co.

FLIP, you're nuts... White House hits second easily. If you think Greenbrier beats them think again. macon seems to be the team that will end up in 3rd, but after that it's a three team race for the last spot in Regions. Oh, and nice Corso imitation :roflol:

FLIP, you're nuts... White House hits second easily. If you think Greenbrier beats them think again. macon seems to be the team that will end up in 3rd, but after that it's a three team race for the last spot in Regions. Oh, and nice Corso imitation :roflol:

Hey i've thought again and i conculde that if greenbrier doesn't play like a bunch of flipin idiots I think they have a shot! :roflol::roflol:

White House plays at Sycamore Jan. 21. Sycamore plays at White House Feb. 11th. Flip will be disappointed both nights.

So we should have a decent idea after friday who is a contender and who isn't with Sycamore going to Macon Co and White House vs Greenbrier. I guess the battle to stay out of the cellar will be the Westmoreland/Goodpasture matchup. Anyone heard anything about reschedules for last night's games?