District 9AA Only

Cleggy

I disagree. Those kids work just as hard as everyone else and when they get an opportunity to play, coach tells them not to play, just hold it. No way. They have earned that moment, in my opinion.

Now, i see your point. If the coach puts them in say with may 2 or 3 minutes left sure, try to score, but when you have the ball with only seconds left why score? There's no point. The defense doesn't even try anyway :popcorneater: When does macon play Sycamore again? i would love to see that one

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think fans, not coaches or players talk too much about who is gonna win easily or who will win district. If you asked the coaches of District 9AA they would probably say that they expect it to be a good hard fought season and that there is no easy game- wouldn't you fans of Macon Co, White House, and Sycamore agree. I dont think anyone saw Westmoreland upsetting White House, Macon Co beating White House at WH, or White House beating Sycamroe by double digits? iF you did, please contact me and I will pay for the trip to Vegas.

It should be fun the last 2 weeks of the season- good luck to all the teams in District 9AA

You make a very good point.

Unpredictability is what make the game.the fun to watch it is!

Now about those vegas tickets :)

You're talking about class? i do recall Sycamore hit a 3pt buzzer beater at the end of the game when they were up by about 35 against Goodpasture and the whole bench went crazy and acted like they just won in dramatic fashion. What is the need in doing so? Then on Friday Sycamore was up 19 vs Greenbrier and with 30 seconds left Sycamore runs down the court hurriedly trying to get a shot off, some kid banks it in at the buzzer and again the bench goes nuts. That, my friend, is what i call "a real show of class"

The two instances you refer to were uniquely special. The games were both won, a freshman who brotheris a senior was subbed in so the could share the floor. He shot and so what?

The other was a manager who plays some jv but is a senior and he was given his moment! Who knew what would happen.

Both these times were special moments. I hope all coaches do this for their players when they need to.

I wouldn't be promising anything if I were you. There are such things as bad shooting nights which is likely for WH to have because they live and die by the 3. :twisted:

I haven't "promised" anything... so idk where u got that from and obviously sycamore just lives and dies by froden runnin down the court everytime and throwin up a floater after he walks, yells and one after every shot, and flops if anyone comes within 3 feet of him. ill take white house's 4 shooting guards tht they start over that anyday, especially since the games at white house

I haven't "promised" anything... so idk where u got that from and obviously sycamore just lives and dies by froden runnin down the court everytime and throwin up a floater after he walks, yells and one after every shot, and flops if anyone comes within 3 feet of him. ill take white house's 4 shooting guards tht they start over that anyday, especially since the games at white house

That post was the absolute dumbest thing i have ever read in my life, but it also may have been the funniest lol hahaha :roflol:

It is s profanity so coach t put the pound signs in.

As far as top scorers goes i dont guess you noticed the sycamore center playing with his hand taped? He dislocated his thumb during the friday night game at greenbrier.. AND since i think the whitehouse center scored 17 i suspect that impacted the game. Are you sure sycamores game plan wasn't to get your scorer in foul trouble?

So how did westmoreland beat whiehouse? My guess is the whitehouse died by the 3 point game that night and looking at the stats online i see whitehouse only shot 6 threes so if they hadnt been so above parr against sycamore they would have lost by 10 or more since over 10 pf the winning margin was fouling in the last minute trying to get the game back by sycamore.

Good luck at the next meet to both teams hopefully everyone will be at their best and all three refs will call the same game!

A lot of presure on seniors on senior night so i guess we'll see how that works out.

Froedden was walking allnight long and the ref's didn't call it. Just face it, White House was better that night. Coach Spencer did a terrific job of getting the boys ready to play and installed an excellent game plan. Sycamore players looked frustrated all night and when it came down to crunch time (4th qtr.), Froedden tried to do it all himself. I really don't know what all the hype was over Sycamore after seeing them in person. They couldn't shoot, couldn't rebound, and where was the vaunted press that I have heard about? WE DISMANTLED IT! I still like our blend of height and athleticism. Kenny Layman finally played the way he can, and should, and if he continues, the Devils will be hard to beat from here on. Go Blue Devils, BDP!

Nobody has mentioned Macon County while talking about 9-AA. Yet they played for a district championship last year and showed they have the desire to get there again after beating White House last night. Greenbrier will not play for a district championship, as it seems there talent level has dropped off considerably after losing all 5 starters. Their single A schedule didn’t help prepare them either. Sycamore, White House, and Macon have most of their squad back and will all go to the region. It is that 4th slot that is up for grabs and unfortunately the 4th seed will have to play East Lit, Maplewood or CPA.

Sycamore is head and shoulders above any team in this district and is the only team who may have a chance to win a region game or two.

Eda

Eda, you're nuts. Sycamore is head and shoulders above everyone??? White House and Macon Co. are way taller than them.

Froedden was walking allnight long and the ref's didn't call it. Just face it, White House was better that night. Coach Spencer did a terrific job of getting the boys ready to play and installed an excellent game plan. Sycamore players looked frustrated all night and when it came down to crunch time (4th qtr.), Froedden tried to do it all himself. I really don't know what all the hype was over Sycamore after seeing them in person. They couldn't shoot, couldn't rebound, and where was the vaunted press that I have heard about? WE DISMANTLED IT! I still like our blend of height and athleticism. Kenny Layman finally played the way he can, and should, and if he continues, the Devils will be hard to beat from here on. Go Blue Devils, BDP!

Interesting that when whitehouse beat westmoreland they shot 13 or so threes. One the rematch they only shot 5or six threes and lost. Heads up for the coaches... Shut down the whitehouse three point games and they will lose.... Perhaps. Running thru game stats at the tennessean seem to bear this out.

On the night the best team won, no doubt and i would be the first the congratulate whitehouse.. I do think sycamore will adjust their game and come up winners on the rematch.

Someone asked when syamore play macon again, its tomorrow night at sycamore i believe and hopefully the predicted storms wont interfere. I will never forget being locked in at fairview threeyears ago when the tornadoes hit just down the road from the school

Interesting that when whitehouse beat westmoreland they shot 13 or so threes. One the rematch they only shot 5or six threes and lost. Heads up for the coaches... Shut down the whitehouse three point games and they will lose.... Perhaps. Running thru game stats at the tennessean seem to bear this out.

On the night the best team won, no doubt and i would be the first the congratulate whitehouse.. I do think sycamore will adjust their game and come up winners on the rematch.

Someone asked when syamore play macon again, its tomorrow night at sycamore i believe and hopefully the predicted storms wont interfere. I will never forget being locked in at fairview threeyears ago when the tornadoes hit just down the road from the school

according to the tennessean my Tigers take on the Bobcats of Greenbrier tomorrow night. Unless Macon is playin a double header tomorrow, you will not see them at Sycamore lol. What other district games are on Tap?

according to the tennessean my Tigers take on the Bobcats of Greenbrier tomorrow night. Unless Macon is playin a double header tomorrow, you will not see them at Sycamore lol. What other district games are on Tap?

Oops glad you spoke up.. Sycamorec play westmoreland tomorrow night and macon friday

Very well said Crazy Joe :D

One other point to consider. At the end of a game when the outcome is clearly decided, both teams usually try to sub in some of the guys that don't see much action. Whether they are ahead or behind, if a player sees action, they are going to put forth their best effort, provided they have been coached to have intensity and play from the opening tip-off to the final buzzer. Sycamore is coached to do that and they all play like they love the game whether they are ahead or behind.