District 9AA Only

Cleggy

One other point to consider. At the end of a game when the outcome is clearly decided, both teams usually try to sub in some of the guys that don't see much action. Whether they are ahead or behind, if a player sees action, they are going to put forth their best effort, provided they have been coached to have intensity and play from the opening tip-off to the final buzzer. Sycamore is coached to do that and they all play like they love the game whether they are ahead or behind.

well i guess thats why their poorly coached :)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Froedden was walking allnight long and the ref's didn't call it. Just face it, White House was better that night. Coach Spencer did a terrific job of getting the boys ready to play and installed an excellent game plan. Sycamore players looked frustrated all night and when it came down to crunch time (4th qtr.), Froedden tried to do it all himself. I really don't know what all the hype was over Sycamore after seeing them in person. They couldn't shoot, couldn't rebound, and where was the vaunted press that I have heard about? WE DISMANTLED IT! I still like our blend of height and athleticism. Kenny Layman finally played the way he can, and should, and if he continues, the Devils will be hard to beat from here on. Go Blue Devils, BDP!

Touche, sycamore is overrated

Interesting that when whitehouse beat westmoreland they shot 13 or so threes. One the rematch they only shot 5or six threes and lost. Heads up for the coaches... Shut down the whitehouse three point games and they will lose.... Perhaps. Running thru game stats at the tennessean seem to bear this out.

On the night the best team won, no doubt and i would be the first the congratulate whitehouse.. I do think sycamore will adjust their game and come up winners on the rematch.

Someone asked when syamore play macon again, its tomorrow night at sycamore i believe and hopefully the predicted storms wont interfere. I will never forget being locked in at fairview threeyears ago when the tornadoes hit just down the road from the school

Kiwi, I will agree that White House relys upon the 3-ball too much and our losses have mostly been on nights when we were off. I think the difference in our win over Sycamore was because we finally started looking and going inside. It's like football in a way, the run opens up the pass, well, the 3's should open up the inside in b-ball. Coach Spencer has been pleading for this and I thnk our guys are finally getting it. I think it will be much tougher when we do play Sycamore again as I'm sure they learned from this game how to handle pressure at the end of a game much better. Froedden can't go coast to coast with it consistently to pull out close games. Drive the ball and dish! Wait, don't want to coach 'em up. I'm sure your all's coach is saying the same thing. Anyways, ya'll got a challenging week. Best of luck. The tournament is going to be very exciting. White House, Sycamore, Macon Co., and Westmoreland should all challenge for the title. Greenbrier and Goodpasture are re-building and will need some spiritual help to win it. At any rate, I hope the teams out of District 9 whip some of the 10-AA teams, i.e. CPA, East Lit., Maplewood. They will be overlooking District 9 teams for sure. Anything is possible on any given night! BDP!

White House will be lucky to come within ten points of East, CPA or Maplewood. Your year is over in two to three weeks.

Luck will have nothing to do with it, unless of course any of those teams get lucky and win by 10. There not the only teams with AAU ballers on them!

Maplewood would be the toughest of the bunch and will win their District. Go Thunder!