Cleggy

MID season predictions:

1. Sycamore- Obvious #1

2. Macon Co- Could give Sycamore a run for their money

3. White House- live and die by the 3's

4. Westmoreland- suprising alot of people... playing good ball

5. Greenbrier- Team not playing up to their potential

6. Goodpasture- Young team w/ some key injuries

What happened to sycamore obvious #1? after white house beat them by what, 13? and how are you going to put obvious #1 by sycamore then put macon county could give them a run for their money? tht doesn't even make sense

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woooahhhhh wooahhh wooahh, Westmoreland beat White House???? holy smokes, I'm telling ya Westmoreland is playing some ball, congrats on the win eagles, WH, u guys need to get your act together if you want to be region champs. (pitchfork) ha ha ha ha :roflol: I do recall pitchfork saying WH will hang w/ CPA... jeez, they can't even win 9AA (what a stoooooooge) :roflolk:

woooooaaaaahhhhhhhhhh on that, white house beat sycamore by 13. When they show up to play and get their minds right, noone in this district can beat them, they took westmorland and macon county for granite but i think they have their heads on straight now so if they beat goodpasture, and greenbrier this week (which they will), they'll have to beat macon (again they will), and then the big matchup for district champions vs sycamore @ wh on their senior night... scyamore is overrated, they shot terrible at home! how are they gonna make a shot at wh? they cant to many shots up as long as froden or whatever his name is jus dribbles down the court and lofts up a bad shot floater every trip

It seems as if Sycamore has been overlooking teams lately with a 2pt win over Macon A closer than expected loss to Westmoreland and finally losin to WH. Congrats to the Devils... is the 1-3-1 Sycamore's kryptonite? lol :roflolk:

I dont think scoring is sycamore's problem, they put up 66, that should be enough to win a high school basketball game, but when wh's gaurds are on, its hard to stop and especially since sycamore gets alot of their buckets by trapping and that man to man up the line defense, but sycamore's gaurds are all about 6 inches shorter than #15 and #23 who did most of the ball handeling, so when sycamore does their signature trap, white house's guards can see right over top of them. i think defending white house is sycamore's kryptonite

idk why your looking forward to a rematch, white house beat ya'll without one of their top scorers becuase he was on the bench with foul trouble. I'm pretty sure the fouls were 7 to 2 in the 3rd quarter in favor of sycamore so dont blame the officials for ya'll not being able to beat white house. and noone knows what "#### ####" is but im sure the white house players were the only ones talking trash, them sycamore kids are just a class a team and they have respect for all of their opponents. good luck beating white house at home on their senior night, probably for the district championship, i dont think these seniors will let their last game be a loss to sycamore. White House won just as expected, maybe next time guys :)

It is s profanity so coach t put the pound signs in.

As far as top scorers goes i dont guess you noticed the sycamore center playing with his hand taped? He dislocated his thumb during the friday night game at greenbrier.. AND since i think the whitehouse center scored 17 i suspect that impacted the game. Are you sure sycamores game plan wasn't to get your scorer in foul trouble?

So how did westmoreland beat whiehouse? My guess is the whitehouse died by the 3 point game that night and looking at the stats online i see whitehouse only shot 6 threes so if they hadnt been so above parr against sycamore they would have lost by 10 or more since over 10 pf the winning margin was fouling in the last minute trying to get the game back by sycamore.

Good luck at the next meet to both teams hopefully everyone will be at their best and all three refs will call the same game!

A lot of presure on seniors on senior night so i guess we'll see how that works out.

woooooaaaaahhhhhhhhhh on that, white house beat sycamore by 13. When they show up to play and get their minds right, noone in this district can beat them, they took westmorland and macon county for granite but i think they have their heads on straight now so if they beat goodpasture, and greenbrier this week (which they will), they'll have to beat macon (again they will), and then the big matchup for district champions vs sycamore @ wh on their senior night... scyamore is overrated, they shot terrible at home! how are they gonna make a shot at wh? they cant to many shots up as long as froden or whatever his name is jus dribbles down the court and lofts up a bad shot floater every trip

Keep flapping your jaws allyouscrubs, but as of right now White House is still 3rd in the district, that's really not very good considering how weak 9AA is. Yes, they beat Sycamore, which is a great win, but there is still more ball to be played. I hope WH doesn't get content with the Sycamore win, because if they do i'll bet WH will get upset again

You must have been at a different game than me? it didnt look easy? Sycamore didn't shoot well from the outside and I think that made all the difference. I believe whitehouse shot 11 threes in the game whereas sycamore only made two.

There was some very interesting officiating also. I have never seen a player T'd up for screaming "and one" when he was fouled either for that matter! The same ref told my son if he had made the shot when he was fouled he would have called it.

I might also add my son didn't appreciate the white house number 15 calling him his "#### ####" either! A real show of class!

I look forward to the rematch

You're talking about class? i do recall Sycamore hit a 3pt buzzer beater at the end of the game when they were up by about 35 against Goodpasture and the whole bench went crazy and acted like they just won in dramatic fashion. What is the need in doing so? Then on Friday Sycamore was up 19 vs Greenbrier and with 30 seconds left Sycamore runs down the court hurriedly trying to get a shot off, some kid banks it in at the buzzer and again the bench goes nuts. That, my friend, is what i call "a real show of class"

Keep flapping your jaws allyouscrubs, but as of right now White House is still 3rd in the district, that's really not very good considering how weak 9AA is. Yes, they beat Sycamore, which is a great win, but there is still more ball to be played. I hope WH doesn't get content with the Sycamore win, because if they do i'll bet WH will get upset again

yea but not for long, theyll win out on their last 4 games, sycamore really is not as good as they say.

yea but not for long, theyll win out on their last 4 games, sycamore really is not as good as they say.

I wouldn't be promising anything if I were you. There are such things as bad shooting nights which is likely for WH to have because they live and die by the 3. :twisted:

You're talking about class? i do recall Sycamore hit a 3pt buzzer beater at the end of the game when they were up by about 35 against Goodpasture and the whole bench went crazy and acted like they just won in dramatic fashion. What is the need in doing so? Then on Friday Sycamore was up 19 vs Greenbrier and with 30 seconds left Sycamore runs down the court hurriedly trying to get a shot off, some kid banks it in at the buzzer and again the bench goes nuts. That, my friend, is what i call "a real show of class"

You have no idea what you are talking about. The reason the bench went crazy against Goodpasture was because a kid that had been a manager for the team until his junior year, worked his butt off all year, got to dress varsity, got in the game and had a steal, a rebound, a free throw and an assist on the 3 at the buzzer. If you dont think it is a great thing for our team to be excited for him, you dont have a heart.

And against Greenbrier that "some kid" is a freshman who has an older brother on the team who is a senior. It was the first and maybe the only time they were on the floor together. The senior Fuqua passed the ball to the freshman Fuqua and he scored. Those are special moments for our team and we don't really care what you think about it because those kids will remember that forever.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The reason the bench went crazy against Goodpasture was because a kid that had been a manager for the team until his junior year, worked his butt off all year, got to dress varsity, got in the game and had a steal, a rebound, a free throw and an assist on the 3 at the buzzer. If you dont think it is a great thing for our team to be excited for him, you dont have a heart.

And against Greenbrier that "some kid" is a freshman who has an older brother on the team who is a senior. It was the first and maybe the only time they were on the floor together. The senior Fuqua passed the ball to the freshman Fuqua and he scored. Those are special moments for our team and we don't really care what you think about it because those kids will remember that forever.

You don't shoot buzzer beaters when you are up double digits, that's just not right. I don't care if you have a 7th grader out there it's just not something you do. Just hold the ball out and wait for time to run out :wacko:

You don't shoot buzzer beaters when you are up double digits, that's just not right. I don't care if you have a 7th grader out there it's just not something you do. Just hold the ball out and wait for time to run out :wacko:

I think fans, not coaches or players talk too much about who is gonna win easily or who will win district. If you asked the coaches of District 9AA they would probably say that they expect it to be a good hard fought season and that there is no easy game- wouldn't you fans of Macon Co, White House, and Sycamore agree. I dont think anyone saw Westmoreland upsetting White House, Macon Co beating White House at WH, or White House beating Sycamroe by double digits? iF you did, please contact me and I will pay for the trip to Vegas.

It should be fun the last 2 weeks of the season- good luck to all the teams in District 9AA

I disagree. Those kids work just as hard as everyone else and when they get an opportunity to play, coach tells them not to play, just hold it. No way. They have earned that moment, in my opinion.