District 9AA Only

Cleggy

It was only a pretty even matchup because WH shot free throws the whole game because a foul was called on Sycamore if they looked at them wrong. The reason they were winning at half is because they shot (and made) free throws, they didn't create most of the first half points for themselves, it was created by the foul count which was very lop-sided. Hopefully the officiating will be more neutral at a neutral site, can't wait for the tourney!! WEP!! <--- that one is for Pitchfork haha

Well, when you play defense by crawling into the other guy's jock, the refs are liable to see it. Seems to me the tables were turned in the second half and SHS got an awful lot of charity whistles. Doesn't mean WH would've won the game, just pointing out that what you apparently considered to be over-officiating worked in your favor later.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your crazy, on which given night did macon westmoreland goodpasture and greenbrier beat sycamore, and only whitehouse scraped in one win which they couldnt repeat..

Call me crazy but I think beating EVERYBODY except Whitehouse twice makes sycamore clear favorites!

OK, so SHS "easily handled" WH and beat them by 15. But when WH beat SHS by 13, we only "scraped by"? And I believe in one game that Macon was only 3 points away from beating you. That's one that could've gone either way.

SHS will be the fave, and deservedly so, but you are beatable. Everybody is. Might take a better game to beat SHS than it would to beat somebody else, but it can be done.

OK, so SHS "easily handled" WH and beat them by 15. But when WH beat SHS by 13, we only "scraped by"? And I believe in one game that Macon was only 3 points away from beating you. That's one that could've gone either way.

SHS will be the fave, and deservedly so, but you are beatable. Everybody is. Might take a better game to beat SHS than it would to beat somebody else, but it can be done.

You are exactly right! Everyone is beatable. I didnt see where anyone said Sycamore was "unbeatable." They have 6 losses.

Less than 10 threes.. Whitehouse loses... my math was right :)

If you look at the stats you will notice whitehouse won the second quarter, pity no one takes the time to call in the full stats. Whitehouse went to the free throw line at least 8 times in the quarter. They won the quarter from the free throw line not the flloor.

I though the whitehouse coach was gonna burst a blood vessel after the game tho, he kept staring into the Sycamore Fans?

It was also said the WH coach was jeering Sycamore players like he was a fan. Since when is it acceptable for a head coach to tell a player he can't shoot or dribble? Regardless, the player in question (#2 Froedden), hit 3 three's and scored 18 on the game, making the coach quiet by the end and apparently taking his frustration out on the fans? I'm not sure of the full detail or reasoning, it is only what I saw and have been told, but that is certainly not professional to taunt a player on the opposing team when you are the head coach.

Well, when you play defense by crawling into the other guy's jock, the refs are liable to see it. Seems to me the tables were turned in the second half and SHS got an awful lot of charity whistles. Doesn't mean WH would've won the game, just pointing out that what you apparently considered to be over-officiating worked in your favor later.

Really, crawling into the other guys jock... You do know its a contact sport right? Thats too funny, maybe we just took the coment from the first game to heart and tried to please lol

Hmmm second half foul count fairly even .... Guess that must have been the over reffibg for sycamore huh?

It was also said the WH coach was jeering Sycamore players like he was a fan. Since when is it acceptable for a head coach to tell a player he can't shoot or dribble? Regardless, the player in question (#2 Froedden), hit 3 three's and scored 18 on the game, making the coach quiet by the end and apparently taking his frustration out on the fans? I'm not sure of the full detail or reasoning, it is only what I saw and have been told, but that is certainly not professional to taunt a player on the opposing team when you are the head coach.

Was that why he was T'd wup?

You are exactly right! Everyone is beatable. I didnt see where anyone said Sycamore was "unbeatable." They have 6 losses.

Only district loss was to whitehouse.

It only stands to reason that when you play decent teams preseason and non district you are going to lose a few.

There are teams who can beat sycamore, i just dont see them being in 9aa

Did one of the WH players get ejected in this game?

No, no players ejected.

Since I came down for the game I will put in my 2 cents worth:

Isn't defense about crawling in someone's jock?

Foul count was lop-sided the 1st half and was more even the 2nd half.

Making shots always helps the cause- SHS made more shots.

I will stir up the "hornets nest"- who is Player of the Year and Why?

P.O.Y. is Froedden

Sycamore is head and shoulders better than anyone in this district and I for one can't wait to see the result when they clash with CPA or Maplewood in the Region Tournament.

I agree with you on PoY. He can dominate the game without even scoring. He is a one man press and sets the table for his teammates to eat. Not really a question if I was voting.