District 9AA Only

Cleggy

Why a clean sweep? You don't think the #1 seed of 9AA could win a game against the #4 seed of 10AA? Last time i checked the top 3 in 10AA were ranked but the #4 was still a mystery. I think you underestimate the 1-3-1/shooting ability of White House. Macon county is long and athletic and well coached- Coach Welch is one of the best. Sycamore is undersized/presses and pressures the ball as good as anyone; but deep in rotation and that wears people down.

Don't sleep on 9AA

Sycamore.. Undersized? Really... Biggest/strongest kid i havei seen in the disctrict is 53 on sycamores team.....

I really think everyone might have pfigured out how to beat the 1-3-1 now too :)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before putting in my thoughts on POY or all-district, i would be interested in seeing some stats. Anyone know where any can be found? none of the teams seem to have a good website listing the stats or anything like that. For example, who's the leading scorer in the Dist.? Leading rebounder? etc. Being a Blue Devil, I want to say that Taylor Ward should be up there in the reckoning, but I don't even know his stats, or Froeddens, or D. Grace for that matter.

Hard to get this info. Most coaches just post the scores not all the stats.

I recall several years back a player broke a district 11aa rebounding record. The reality was her coach kept up with it and posted that info onfline and kudos to him for pdoing that for his players! . Its a pity all the coaches dont do this for their players so the stats tell the real story not just the scores.

Edited by kiwidad

Actually the point totals are correct, it is just that some players didn't score in some games and that is way it says for ex. 24 for one player on a team and 22 for another player on the same team.

But there are at least two entire games missing for Sycamore that are left out for the whole team, which is what I meant. They are very close but not 100%.

Sycamore.. Undersized? Really... Biggest/strongest kid i havei seen in the disctrict is 53 on sycamores team.....

I really think everyone might have pfigured out how to beat the 1-3-1 now too :)

Not saying they dont have size, just compared to White House and Macon County they seem a little small. White House has one of the longest tallest teams in the District.

Don't get me wrong, I would not want to bring the ball up against Froedden- he is a menace to ball handlers everywhere! Sycamore may be small but they are tough- that is why I said I think that 9AA could win some region games. Say what you will, WH 1-3-1 is tough, Macon Co adjusts to just about anything you do, and Sycamore just gets after you.

I dont think 1 successful game vs 1-3-1 is enough to say you have figured it out.

Should be alot of fun this weekend! Predictions anyone?

Not saying they dont have size, just compared to White House and Macon County they seem a little small. White House has one of the longest tallest teams in the District.

Don't get me wrong, I would not want to bring the ball up against Froedden- he is a menace to ball handlers everywhere! Sycamore may be small but they are tough- that is why I said I think that 9AA could win some region games. Say what you will, WH 1-3-1 is tough, Macon Co adjusts to just about anything you do, and Sycamore just gets after you.

I dont think 1 successful game vs 1-3-1 is enough to say you have figured it out.

Should be alot of fun this weekend! Predictions anyone?

I predict that pitchfork will predict White House winning the district. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I predict that pitchfork will predict White House winning the district. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Well, pitchfork's bluedevils got it done last night against greenbrier. good game, white house couldn't seem to pull away. 3rd for the Macon Co faithful and the BDP on saturday.

Goodpasture and Westmoreland lock horns tonight to see who gets Sycamore

Edited by captnoname

Well, pitchfork's bluedevils got it done last night against greenbrier. good game, white house couldn't seem to pull away. 3rd for the Macon Co faithful and the BDP on saturday.

Goodpasture and Westmoreland lock horns tonight to see who gets Sycamore

GP vs WM should be a very close game as well as WH vs MC. Sycamore should easily handle the winner of GP/WM, but the championship game should be great! Not sure who will win WH/MC game, it'll be a barn-burner!

In all seriousness, I think the game with Macon Co. Saturday will be a very good one. Both teams are long and shoot well. The diffeence will be who is hot and who is not. The Devils have not had a good shooting game for a while and hopefully it is time to bust one out. At any rate the season has been fantastic and the discussions on this site spirited and civil. Rivalries are great but its always best when you can leave it on the court. I'm glad my boy has friends on most of the teams in the area and they get along great off the court/field. its really sad to hear someone say, I hate Sycamore, or I hate greenbrier, etc. Believe me. i want to beat them every time but still can have a burger with them later. BDP!

In all seriousness, I think the game with Macon Co. Saturday will be a very good one. Both teams are long and shoot well. The diffeence will be who is hot and who is not. The Devils have not had a good shooting game for a while and hopefully it is time to bust one out. At any rate the season has been fantastic and the discussions on this site spirited and civil. Rivalries are great but its always best when you can leave it on the court. I'm glad my boy has friends on most of the teams in the area and they get along great off the court/field. its really sad to hear someone say, I hate Sycamore, or I hate greenbrier, etc. Believe me. i want to beat them every time but still can have a burger with them later. BDP!

I am happy. Nothing wrong with having faith in your team! And I totally agree with this post. WH, GB, and GP have been in the same district for awhile but with the new additions from last year it is nice to see some new rivalries developing as well. It's been a great season and I can't wait to see how this tournament shakes out. Also looking forward to watching 9AA upset all those arrogant 10aa fans that are overlooking us. Good luck to all this weekend. WAR EAGLE!