District 9-A

CoffeeBreak

Eagleville beat Cannon Co. 10-4 without either of their top two pitches as they pitched last night against Tullahoma in a 5-5 tie, Eagleville also beat Central Magnet 8-1 today. Looking better but still got to get some more of the rust off. Forcast does not look good for opening day, 90% chance of rain on Monday but on a good note the last half of the week looks like sunshine and 70's.

Yeah I think so, I think it may be tight for the top 4 or 5 teams, Cascade has both their starting pitchers back as I think Huntland does and Forrest is always tough and I know MTCS has several seniors this year. It oughta be fun, probably won't have any fingernails by the end of the year but fun. Good luck to all the teams in the district and lets PLAY BALL!

Who does Eagleville have for opening day..Moore County has Franklin County tuesday then Thursday,Friday,and saturday they play in a tournament at south Pitt

Eagleville opens with Spring Hill (last yrs runner up in AA championship) at home and then goes to Spring Hill the next day although I'm afraid the rain may push it back to later in the week, sposed to be nice Wed/Thur/Fri but they have Franklin Co. on Friday so if the games get pushed back they will have to go deep into their pitching staff. They have their first set of District games right off the bat with Huntland the following Mon/Tues. so their number 1 and 2 will need the weekend to recover assuming the Spring Hill games get pushed back. Praying for dry weather but doesn't look good Monday, something like 90% chance of rain. Do you know who MC will play at the South Pitt Tnmt, wouldn't be surprised if Boyd Buchanan and Marion Co are in it, they're pretty good. Also been hearing a lot of talk from Signal Mtn don't know if they're in it but if it's like their football program they ship in a lot of talent and have deep pockets regardless.

Moore county did great in the community play day today.. Beat Central Magnet 9-0 then they beat Columbia Academy 8-5..Going to be a tough race in the district this year

Wouldn't put a lot of emphasis on Central Magnet -- new program mostly freshies and sophs. Columbia Academy is a solid team. I agree the district could be very interesting this year.

Who does MTCS, Cascade and Forrest open up with?

MTCS is scheduled to play at Gordonsville on Tuesday then FRA at home on Saturday. Going to be an interesting week -- all seniors and sophomores are off on school trips this week. Probably have more than one freshie in the line-up and a few juniors playing positions they don't normally play.

Glad opening week is finally here.