District 9-A

CoffeeBreak

Eagleville vs MTCS moved to MTCS for Monday. Game time will approximate 6:30 as JH team has a game at 4:00.

Wingman -- you are right Eagleville will be tough. They had a great run to state last year and all the key pieces are back.

They have a very solid coach. I will be checking back for a score.

They have a very solid coach. I will be checking back for a score.

Eagleville 6-1 over MTCS. Smith was really on tonight recording 16 k's. Early on Starling was throwing bb's for MTCS but he took a hard line shot off his shin and later collided with one of his own men going after a bunt. I think this might have took a little bit out of him. There were a few "so-so" calls that I felt were breaks for Eagleville but I don't think it was enough to change the outcome.

Eagleville wins. Smith was solid; goes the whole way; around 125 pitches or so. I think MTCS struck out 16 times; Eagleville struck out 9 times. Eagleville got timely hits and moved baserunners. Rematch tonight. Game is at Eagleville unless their field isn't playable. In that case it is back at MTCS. Article in the DNJ about the game and Smith's stellar night.

Eagleville 6-1 over MTCS. Smith was really on tonight recording 16 k's. Early on Starling was throwing bb's for MTCS but he took a hard line shot off his shin and later collided with one of his own men going after a bunt. I think this might have took a little bit out of him. There were a few "so-so" calls that I felt were breaks for Eagleville but I don't think it was enough to change the outcome.

Pitching is the key. Eagleville is still a young team and learning the game.

Cascade 1 to 0 over Huntland. If Cascade can hit throughout the line up they will be hard for anybody to beat. Pitching is great and our 3,4,5 batters are having good quality at bats. We have to hit better. Carkuff went the distance for the Champs only allowing 1 hit and striking out 11. Game tonight in Huntland at 4:30. Rippy vs #2 for Huntland.

Cascade 1 to 0 over Huntland. If Cascade can hit throughout the line up they will be hard for anybody to beat. Pitching is great and our 3,4,5 batters are having good quality at bats. We have to hit better. Carkuff went the distance for the Champs only allowing 1 hit and striking out 11. Game tonight in Huntland at 4:30. Rippy vs #2 for Huntland.

Your not going to get any consitencey in hitting as long as 10 different players only get one at bat every couple of games.