Lawrence County Girls

Bballfan23

I'm a fan from outside District 8AAA. I saw LCHS's record and wondered how good they were. I know they have the Gilbert sisters that are VERY good but is that it? Are they as good as they think or do they play only weak teams? There record shows only two losses which come to two very good teams and the rest of their scores are blowouts. Does this mean they cant handle good teams? What are everyone's thoughts?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fan from outside District 8AAA. I saw LCHS's record and wondered how good they were. I know they have the Gilbert sisters that are VERY good but is that it? Are they as good as they think or do they play only weak teams? There record shows only two losses which come to two very good teams and the rest of their scores are blowouts. Does this mean they cant handle good teams? What are everyone's thoughts?

Very good team with only 2 losses to Riverdale and Sparkman which I believe are in the ESPN top 10. They were leading Sparkman by 6 with under three minutes to play and let it slip away and they held Riverdale to 57 points. They have also played Franklin co.(twice), Ensworth, Hunters Lane, Moore Co. and 4 in county rival games. They are fast and physical and on any given day can play with anyone.

The Lady Cats travel to Shelbyville Tuesday night to take on the Eaglettes. This is the first game between the two this season. We should be able to tell a lot more about this team after this game. Lawrence Co. does benefit from a weak district this year. All that being said, they are a very good team. They can run with a team, and execute a half court offense well also. The weak schedule is not really Lawrence Co.'s fault, this is simply just a down year for the girls District 8aaa. Hopefully this won't be a problem, as they will face very good teams in the region tournament.

The Lady Cats travel to Shelbyville Tuesday night to take on the Eaglettes. This is the first game between the two this season. We should be able to tell a lot more about this team after this game. Lawrence Co. does benefit from a weak district this year. All that being said, they are a very good team. They can run with a team, and execute a half court offense well also. The weak schedule is not really Lawrence Co.'s fault, this is simply just a down year for the girls District 8aaa. Hopefully this won't be a problem, as they will face very good teams in the region tournament.

I think they are legit. The Gilbert girls can take over a game at any moment. They have a lot of younger talent that lead this team, to my knowledge. If I am wrong I stand corrected. They aren't very deep that I have seen. I do not know if she is starting now, but they did get a girl from Summertown that is a very talented point guard and can handle a press. I think they make some noise this year.

I don't care for (posted: "good as they think they are"). These girls do not think they are are that good and that is a plus. My perspective as a parent and spectator is that they are like a strong 8 cylinder engine in an old hot rod, when all 8 cylinders are performing at the top level at the same time it will run away from almost every other car on the road. I use this because we have 8 ladies that play 95% of game minutes. They sometimes run on 4 cylinders at the same time and in game against real good compitition that will get you beat. when they figure out that this all at the same time type of performance then they will run away from most other teams on the floor. I do agree that R'dale is in a class to themselves and deserve the ranking. I do wish the 8aaa was a more balanced district this year. LCHS is the best team in 8aaa. Aside from all this we looked really weak during periods of two games (Moore Co. & Frnklin Co.) this year and was fortunate to get it together and pull out wins in both. Hopefully these were learning moments that they will not forget along with the close loss to Sparkman after leading the majority of the game.

What is a sad thing to me in 8AAA girls basketball is the Franklin County Lady Rebels. This team of very athletic and talented girls have not had any luck in the coaching departement. Their senior and junior girls had John Wild, and excellent coach, then I can't remember who coached them last year, and now some psycho. If Wild had stayed, and I understand moving on, I am NOT faulting him by no means, those girls would be state bound. They have impressed me EVERYTIME I see them play. My heart goes out to them this year with the badgering they take, night in and night out. Keep your heads up Lady Rebels! You are an amazing set of young women!

Lawrence County 76 Shelbyville 52. LC lead by 32 at the end of the 3rd and the 2nd string played the entire 4th.

You look at the schedule with the predistrict and Tournament schedule if most of it is in State. nothing you can do with district being down or up for that matter. Lawrence has played a respectable schedule. Whether they make it to the State is unknown. If they are one of the top two teams in their region and can win a game on the road in the sub state, they will be there. but both of those feats are not assured.

You look at the schedule with the predistrict and Tournament schedule if most of it is in State. nothing you can do with district being down or up for that matter. Lawrence has played a respectable schedule. Whether they make it to the State is unknown. If they are one of the top two teams in their region and can win a game on the road in the sub state, they will be there. but both of those feats are not assured.

Nothing is assured, thats why they play the games. This years NFL post season is a good example of that...LOL

What is a sad thing to me in 8AAA girls basketball is the Franklin County Lady Rebels. This team of very athletic and talented girls have not had any luck in the coaching departement. Their senior and junior girls had John Wild, and excellent coach, then I can't remember who coached them last year, and now some psycho. If Wild had stayed, and I understand moving on, I am NOT faulting him by no means, those girls would be state bound. They have impressed me EVERYTIME I see them play. My heart goes out to them this year with the badgering they take, night in and night out. Keep your heads up Lady Rebels! You are an amazing set of young women!

[/quote

Coach Wild was a decent coach, but I would be very happy with your current coach. Honestly, I would choose anybody with the last name Insell over Coach Wild. Not to take anything away for Coach Wild, but I have no doubt Tom will have a top notch program at Franklin County in the near future.