Lawrence County Girls

Bballfan23

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawrence County has all of the necessary pieces to make a run to Murfreesboro. The Gilbert sisters are "stars" in the making. Guard play is strong with Williams, Moore, K. Gilbert, and Smith (huge pick up for them from Summertown to give them increased depth). Post play is even better with A. Gilbert, Hunt, and Clayton. Williams, Moore, Hunt, and Clayton are some of the most fundamental players around, and Coach Moore should thank Mr. Flatt (and the Express AAU Organization and Coffman Middle School Program) for that. He developed those girls from day one, and they are why Lawrence County is in the position they are in. This has always been a highly self-motivated and successful group, so their success in high school is no surprise. The Gilbert sisters took them from a potentially great group to an elite level group.

Winning the District 8AAA Tournament is a must for them (and they should), becuase that would keep them opposite of Riverdale in the Region 4AAA bracket. However, Siegel, Blackman, and even Oakland will present some great obstacles to them to keep them from ever getting to Riverdale. If they can make it to the Region Championship Game and earn a Sub-State game, then I like their chances of getting to Murfreesboro.

This core group of girls have played ball together 8 or 9 years with a 9th and 13th finish in the AAU NATIONALS. They won the state at E.O.Coffman middle 3 years ago {25 and 0), they know how to win. I agree with Ptguard12 that Coach Flatt did a great job with these girls and Coach Scott has picked up right where he left off. I guarantee you havent heard the last of them....keep watchin they may surprise you!!

Lawrence County has all of the necessary pieces to make a run to Murfreesboro. The Gilbert sisters are "stars" in the making. Guard play is strong with Williams, Moore, K. Gilbert, and Smith (huge pick up for them from Summertown to give them increased depth). Post play is even better with A. Gilbert, Hunt, and Clayton. Williams, Moore, Hunt, and Clayton are some of the most fundamental players around, and Coach Scott should thank Mr. Flatt (and the Express AAU Organization and Coffman Middle School Program) for that. He developed those girls from day one, and they are why Lawrence County is in the position they are in. This has always been a highly self-motivated and successful group, so their success in high school is no surprise. The Gilbert sisters took them from a potentially great group to an elite level group.

Winning the District 8AAA Tournament is a must for them (and they should), becuase that would keep them opposite of Riverdale in the Region 4AAA bracket. However, Siegel, Blackman, and even Oakland will present some great obstacles to them to keep them from ever getting to Riverdale. If they can make it to the Region Championship Game and earn a Sub-State game, then I like their chances of getting to Murfreesboro.

***Old age is really starting to kick in.....a miracle I can get my own name correct most days.***

Edited by ptguard12

Lawrence County has all of the necessary pieces to make a run to Murfreesboro. The Gilbert sisters are "stars" in the making. Guard play is strong with Williams, Moore, K. Gilbert, and Smith (huge pick up for them from Summertown to give them increased depth). Post play is even better with A. Gilbert, Hunt, and Clayton. Williams, Moore, Hunt, and Clayton are some of the most fundamental players around, and Coach Scott should thank Mr. Flatt (and the Express AAU Organization and Coffman Middle School Program) for that. He developed those girls from day one, and they are why Lawrence County is in the position they are in. This has always been a highly self-motivated and successful group, so their success in high school is no surprise. The Gilbert sisters took them from a potentially great group to an elite level group.

***Old age is really starting to kick in.....a miracle I can get my own name correct most days.***

Honest mistake pg12, you make some great posts..hang in there!!