Single A AP Rankings 1/17/2011

THELEGEND

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VandyChris you say Lake Co. doesn't step up?? They played Brighton(AAA) in Hall of Fame games, Westview(AA) Hall of Fame Game, Graves Co.,KYover 1,100 students, Marshall Co., KY over 1,100 students and in the SIU christmas tournament which included some very good teams as well. They played Dyersburg(AA) as well. Also split with Perry Co. who AKA says should be #1 in the state, Union City, I know you guys dominated them by that huge 12 point spread without a couple of kids playing for them now and Humboldt. We know bout district 12 but still looking for those gold balls they have in the last 5 years though?? Seems my recent memory says with the exception of Clarksville Academy either a West TN team or a Chattanooga team bringing it home here lately.

For all you voters maybe coming to this thread wanting to see if PC won and yall was going to put them in the top 10.Hold off.They lost.And didn't score but 44 points.I know some of yall were thinking about moving them ahead of Lake Co but yall already dropped Lake Co from 7th to 10th with them beating Trenton,that was just outside the top 10 and then beat Halls by close to 40 points.and yall dropped us.What's the reasong for that.?Then we lost to Humboldt so I know some of yall are wanting to drop Lake Co.But come on.We went toe to toe with the number 2 team in the state.And not just once but twice. PC went toe to toe with?..Is Summertown ranked? And lost by about double digits.Pay attention voters..lol

Now if we were to lose to Greenfield tonight and it could happen....by all means..drop us out 50th.

Edited by mrbigster

1 Clark. Acad

2 Middleton

3 Humboldt

4 CSAS

5 Hampton

6 Forrest

7 Westwood

8 McEwen

9 Perry Co.

10 Summertown

My vote this past week. After Forrest's loss to Huntland I will drop them, maybe all the way out. I have not voted Lake County as of yet, which is why their record has been wrong, but MAY enter them low this week after another good effort against Humboldt. They must win over Greenfield though. I think my Top 5 are right on, then there are probably 8-10 teams that aren't far apart that could fill the next 5 spots.

Edited by NWhoopaholic

1 Clark. Acad

2 Middleton

3 Humboldt

4 CSAS

5 Hampton

6 Forrest

7 Westwood

8 McEwen

9 Perry Co.

10 Summertown

My vote this past week. After Forrest's loss to Huntland I will drop them, maybe all the way out. I have not voted Lake County as of yet, which is why their record has been wrong, but MAY enter them low this week after another good effort against Humboldt. They must win over Greenfield though. I think my Top 5 are right on, then there are probably 8-10 teams that aren't far apart that could fill the next 5 spots.

I'm having some fun with my pals from PC..But still ..are you going to pick PC over Summertown?Just curious?Are yall doing the Lake Co-greenfield game tonight?

NW..Still not many losses to Single A teams .Split with PC and two close losses to Humboldt in both games could have won..didn't but could have .But still the effort was there.Don't know what kind of effort we'll have tonight.Guess we're going to have to beat Middleton to get your vote.

Edited by mrbigster

1 Clark. Acad

2 Middleton

3 Humboldt

4 CSAS

5 Hampton

6 Forrest

7 Westwood

8 McEwen

9 Perry Co.

10 Summertown

I'm having some fun with my pals from PC..But still ..are you going to pick PC over Summertown?Just curious?Are yall doing the Lake Co-greenfield game tonight?

NW..Still not many losses to Single A teams .Split with PC and two close losses to Humboldt in both games could have won..didn't but could have .But still the effort was there.Don't know what kind of effort we'll have tonight.Guess we're going to have to beat Middleton to get your vote.

Have UTM on the air tonight so not doing Greenfield-Lake Co. You're right, LC has a good record against Class A teams. They are among those under consideration for the bottom 5. I will vote Summertown ahead of PC this week somewhere in the 6-10 range. Both will receive my vote somewhere. Can't control what other voters do. I would encourage fans from Dist 12 to encourage the Columbia paper to lobby harder for ya.

NWHoop, as a West TN fan, I think CSAS is better than Humboldt and Middleton. CSAS made a good showing at last years state tournament and they had several Juniors on that team which would make them Seniors now. They've got big W's over Chat. McCallie whom is extremely good as well as a win over the Howard Hustlin' Tigers. CSAS has a very solid non-district schedule as well. Of course, Clarksville Academy is the #1 Class A team in the state, but I honestly feel CSAS is #2.

What do I question about the Forrest record? How about Moore County, Eagleville, Huntland? How about the lack of decent teams played and already being beaten by Summertown and just this week by Huntland. Forrest is not legit and ha no place in the Top 10 Ditto for Columbia Academy.

Summertown beat Forrest at home by 5 and Huntland won at home by 2 in three overtimes. I don't know if Forrest belongs or not because I haven't seen alot of the other teams play but I do know that alot of your comments are idiotic.

NW ..Would you have thought Lake Co would have won by close to 30 points at Greenfield?Greenfield played Union city very tough and also wasn't a bad showing against Humboldt.Also as far as the Columbia papers.they want to sell newpapers..Defense may win championships but offense sells tickets and newspapers..lol..Lake Co scored more points tonight than both those teams combined.They can say what they want and Lake Co may not be the greastest shooting team from the outside but Lake Co isn't going to shoot about 1-17 from 3 point range very often either.